is this hadith true?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

i read it somewhere.

Prophet (upon him blessings and peace) said: Four will present excuses on the Day of Resurrection: The deaf one, the idiot, the senile old man, and the one who died in Fatra (the time between Prophets). The first will say, I didn't hear anything; the second, Islam came and street-children were throwing dung at me; the third, Islam came and I did not have my wits about me, and the fourth: my Lord, no Messenger came to me. Allah will Himself take their covenant to obey Him. They will be told to enter the fire (as a test). Those who obey will find it cool and safe, while those who refuse will be dragged to it.

is it authentic? any idea?

salah_khan

ASalamualikum,
All Praise is due to Allaah the Lord of the Worlds and peace and blesssings be upon the seal of Messengers,Muhammed son of 'Abdullaah.

Yes this hadeeth is authentic because i heard Shaikh Assim Al-Hakem narrating this haddeth to us on Sunday Q&A class when he answered one of the question that was posed to him,so i believe its authentic in its meaning and narrations inshAllaah,
Anyways i will try to find the exact source for it InshAllaah

salah_khan

With regard to those whom the call of Islam did not reach, and against whom no proof was established by means of the Messengers, according to the more correct view, they will be tested on the Day of Resurrection. A Messenger will be sent to them there, and those who obey him will enter Paradise and those who disobey him will enter Hell, as it says in Musnad al-Imam Ahmad (18566) and elsewhere from the hadeeth of al-Aswad ibn Zaree’ that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be four on the Day of Resurrection: a deaf man who could not hear anything, an imbecile, a senile old man and a man who died during the interval between two Prophets. As for the deaf man, he will say: ‘Lord, Islam came but I did not hear anything.’ As for the imbecile, he will say: ‘Islam came but the children were throwing dung at me.’ As for the senile old man, he will say, ‘Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ As for the one who died during the interval between two Prophets, he will say: ‘Lord, no Messenger of Yours came to me.’ They will give their pledge to obey Him, then a Messenger will be sent to tell them to enter the fire.” He said: “By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.” According to another report: “The one who enters it, it will be cool and safe for him, and the one who does not enter it will be dragged to it.” Narrated by Ahmad.

And Allaah is the source of strength.
Islam Q&A

salahdin

Yes bro Ahmed is it authentic i read it in Tafsir Ibn Kathirand posted it here at tti .

There are four .....

«أَرْبَعَةٌ يَحْتَجُّونَ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ: رَجُلٌ أَصَمُّ لَا يَسْمَعُ شَيْئًا، وَرَجُلٌ أَحْمَقُ، وَرَجُلٌ هَرِمٌ، وَرَجُلٌ مَاتَ فِي فَتْرَةٍ، فَأَمَّا الْأَصَمُّ فَيَقُولُ: رَبِّ قَدْ جَاءَ الْإِسْلَامُ وَمَا أَسْمَعُ شَيْئًا، وَأَمَّا الْأَحْمَقُ فَيَقُولُ: رَبِّ قَدْ جَاءَ الْإِسْلَامُ وَالصِّبْيَانُ يَحْذِفُونِي بِالْبَعْرِ، وَأَمَّا الْهَرِمُ فَيَقُولُ: رَبِّ لَقَدْ جَاءَ الْإِسْلَامُ وَمَا أَعْقِلُ شَيْئًا، وَأَمَّا الَّذِي مَاتَ فِي الْفَتْرَةِ فَيَقُولُ: رَبِّ مَا أَتَانِي لَكَ رَسُولٌ. فَيَأْخُذُ مَوَاثِيقَهُمْ لِيُطِيعَنَّهُ، فَيُرْسِلُ إِلَيْهِمْ أَنِ ادْخُلُوا النَّارَ، فَوَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ، لَوْ دَخَلُوهَا لَكَانَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا»

(There are four who will present their case on the Day of Resurrection: a deaf man who never heard anything, an insane man, a very old and senile man, and a man who died during the Fatrah. As for the deaf man, he will say, "O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.'' As for the insane man, he will say, "O Lord, Islam came and the young boys were throwing camel dung at me.'' As for the senile man, he will say, "O Lord, Islam came and I did not understand anything.'' As for the one who died during the Fatrah, he will say, "O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.'' Allah will accept their pledge of obedience to Him, then He will send word to them that they should enter the Fire. By the One in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them.) There is a similar report with a chain from Qatadah from Al-Hasan from Abu Rafi` from Abu Hurayrah, but at the end it says:

(Whoever enters it will find it cool and safe, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged into it.) This was also recorded by Ishaq bin Rahwayh from Mu`adh bin Hisham, and by Al-Bayhaqi in Al-I`tiqad. He said: "This is a Sahih chain.'' It was reported by Ibn Jarir from the Hadith of Ma`mar from Hammam from Abu Hurayrah, who attributed it to the Prophet . Then Abu Hurayrah said: "Recite, if you wish:

Um Abdur Rahman

Sclava lui Allaah
as'salamu aaleikom

sheikh Assim al Hakeem also has ansred:
"This was mentioned in the book Thilalul Jannah and authenticated by Sheikh Al Albani"

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
jazaak Allah khairan for ur answers.

but now the question is: if its authentic, why its not in 6 major hadith books?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
Whenever you see that, the reason is one of two:
  1. The six scholars never heard that particular hadeeth (very unlikely), or
  2. The chain of narrators does not meet their authenticity criteria.

Each scholar has set his criteria for what constitutes an authentic chain of narrators. The best criteria are those set by Al-Bukhaari, may God have been pleased with him. He required a continuous chain, in which every narrator is named, known and proven to have heard from the one before him and the chain ends with the Prophet (PBUH), and where every narrator has three qualities,
  1. Trustworthy (Thiqatun),
  2. Accurate (Dhabtun),
  3. Upright (`Adlun)
Trustworthy means that the narrator always told the truth, and is not given to exaggeration. Accurate means he is known for reporting what he heard as it was said, without alteration, interpretation or interjection of his own words. Upright means that he is square in his dealings and does not practice favoritism or act on whim.

Other scholars relaxed some of these requirements to various degrees. IMHO, if a hadeeth is not rated authentic by any of the six scholars (Al-Bukhaari, Muslim, Abu-Daawood, At-Tirmizhi, An-Nasaa'i and Ibn Maajah) then it is most likely not authentic.

:salam2:

jazaak Allah khair akhi.

as you told that if a hadith is not in 6 major books, its not authentic most likely. does that mean that Sheikh Al-Albaani (ra) made mistake when above mentioned hadith was rated as authentic by him (as you told).?

salahdin

Bro Ahmed you have ibn kathir may ALLAH grant him jannah, and as we know all his hadith are from imam bukhari may ALLAH bless his soul . further more
There is a similar report with a chain from Qatadah from Al-Hasan from Abu Rafi` from Abu Hurayrah, but at the end it says:

(Whoever enters it will find it cool and safe, and whoever does not enter it will be dragged into it.) This was also recorded by Ishaq bin Rahwayh from Mu`adh bin Hisham, and by Al-Bayhaqi in Al-I`tiqad. He said: "This is a Sahih chain.'' It was reported by Ibn Jarir from the Hadith of Ma`mar from Hammam from Abu Hurayrah, who attributed it to the Prophet . Then Abu Hurayrah said: "Recite, if you wish:

What more Authenticity does one need ? there is your chain of Authenticity.