Is this ok: a Christian talking about Islam in preaching

ipanda

Hi,

Last week, I was at Church and the preacher was talking about Islam out of the blue. i felt so uncomfortable about the teaching because mainly I don't know if what he was saying was true or not (Somewhere very false). Not sure why but the young man was saying people are abandoning their faith and going to other untrue faiths like Islam bla bla. If there was an Islam to challenge him, it would have made sense but it was all Christians and pretty much we were getting the wrong message.

Even if he is scholar, is it still right to "preach" about other faiths when there are no followers of that faith around?

And a few days ago, I watched in PeaceTV a lecture by a Muslim-convert about Bible and Christianity. It made sense since that person was Christian previously. But still, do you think it is correct for him to teach the wrongs/mistakes of other faiths when followers of those faiths are not around to defend or give their point?

My main concern is that the innocence and total trust of the people to the preachers/lecturers could be exploited.

Shak78

That is a grey area, they have the right to preach about it yes, should they, most likely no.Most of the time they preach false things about Islam or bring up only the worst parts of Islam. I do know a few preachers do a good job about it for the most part, are unbias and such but most are not. The congregation looks to the preacher for guidance and if he is telling untruths about another religion they will sadly believe that. If you know any Muslims who might speak to your preacher about Islam or perhaps invite them to talk at your church at an interfaith meeting that would be great.