Is this right

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Thank you, brother or sister :) I just really feel for this sister new to Islam and trying to do everything right with her new life, Insha Allah, she has the right attitude. I can't imagine that Sister Jo's longterm partner could have any problem with getting married properly with two witnesses and a wali, Insha Allah, and we look forward to hearing more about the celebration, Insha Allah :) May Allah guide Sister Jo and her family and all the Muslims to the right path, ameen.
:wasalam:

yasin67

I have read so many nightmare stories that started like yours PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful....Make sure you really know this guy, specially since your taking your reversion seriously whereas he might not be....Allah knows best but I feel obligated to warn while taking the blame of being suspicious of him.
As far as I know they already know each other for 13 years and have kid/s.:D

According to Imam Hanafi a grown up woman can marry without her wali.But she should get her mahr in any case with witnesses(two men or two women instead of one man)

samiha

---------
Staff member
According to Imam Hanafi a grown up woman can marry without her wali.But she should get her mahr in any case with witnesses(two men or two women instead of one man)

:salam2:

Whatever the case may be, although I am not sure of Imam Abu Haneefah's opinion, we take what we find strongest in Sunnah and therefore, the correct opinion seems to be that regardless of age a woman must have a wali, in accordance to the Hadith by the Prophet :saw: since it does not mention age.

As per the case of mahr, does this too require witnesses? I'm dont know much about wedding procedures, so if someone could inform me properly I would be much obliged.

And just as a reminder, we have to always re-check our sources for what we say, because many times in cultures what is "heard" is not always what is correct. This many not be the fault of the person themselves, but simply because of the ignorance in regards to the Deen in some places, and thus the spreading of such things.

Allah knows best.

wasalam

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Some conditions of marriage:

1. There must be a guardian for the woman, like her father, brother, uncle..etc. if not, she can chose a Shaikh or Imam of Masjid or a Judge as a guardian.

2. there must be 2 male witnesses at least. Or 1 male and 2 females.

3. Marriage must not be a secret.

4. marriage cannot be limited by a period of time.

5. The man must give Dowry before marriage, Or it'll be a debt to be payed (given) later.

And Allah is All-knower.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Just to give u a simple answer i found online ... these are the things necessary for a proper islamic marriage :
1) consent of both parties.

2) " Mahr" a gift from the groom to his bride.

3) Witnesses- 2 male or female.

4) The marriage should be publicized, it should never be kept secret as it leads to suspicion and troubles within the community.

(got it from http://www.jannah.org/sisters/marr.html)
and knowing men yes they dont think with their brain when they want something in return
Allah show us all mercy and forgiveness
aslam o alikum

Mixedup

Hi brothers and sisters

Thankyou yet again for helping me.
I have explained what has been said on this site to my partner and he has no problem with doing things properly. I explained to him that I am taking this seriously and want things done right. He actually said "So your serious then" nothing like a vote of confidence !!!!!
I really think that after 13 years he had kind of given up on me but now seems to accept that I am serious and I explained I did not want to question his motives but had mearly sought advise which he accepted.
A good friend returns home on Wednesday and he is going to help with arrangements as I really just think my partner feels out of his depth and needs a guiding hand.
So hopefully by the end of the week I will have good news to report and in the mean time I am grateful to you all.
I know I ask daft questions sometimes but it is nothing more than my complete lack of knowledge but not a lack of wanting to be knowledgeable.
Thank you
Sister Jo

cmelbouzaidi

Hi brothers and sisters

Thankyou yet again for helping me.
I have explained what has been said on this site to my partner and he has no problem with doing things properly. I explained to him that I am taking this seriously and want things done right. He actually said "So your serious then" nothing like a vote of confidence !!!!!
I really think that after 13 years he had kind of given up on me but now seems to accept that I am serious and I explained I did not want to question his motives but had mearly sought advise which he accepted.
A good friend returns home on Wednesday and he is going to help with arrangements as I really just think my partner feels out of his depth and needs a guiding hand.
So hopefully by the end of the week I will have good news to report and in the mean time I am grateful to you all.
I know I ask daft questions sometimes but it is nothing more than my complete lack of knowledge but not a lack of wanting to be knowledgeable.
Thank you
Sister Jo

:salam2: it is a great relief that your partner wants to do things right too :) i am soooo happy for you and hope to hear some good news soon, Insha Allah. the only daft questions are those not asked so continue your thirst for knowledge as we Muslims are supposed to always seek knowledge :) take care and let us know when the celebration is to take place, Insha Allah.

your sister,

catherine iman

TiffanyM

Sister I am also A revert and I have been talking to a brother about performing Nikkah. Your father will not be able to be your wali unless he is a muslim. a wali has to be a practing muslim. My father is christian so I have to find a brother to be a wali for me. The wali helps to make sure on your behalf that this brother will be a good husband and a practicing muslim. There has to be two witnesses. InshAllah I hope you will begin to make your relationship Halal. I know how you feel sister I have known this muslim man 4 years and the past year and a half I have been muslim alhumdiAllah. We are not commiting sins by being physical but my hanging out and going to dinner alone that is haram. I want our relationship to be halal and be married so starting from yesterday I told the brother I don't want to see him anymore until our relationship is halal and we perform Nikkah. I don't want to commit anymore sins and I want to receive blessings from Allah from our actions not sin. SO InshALLAH Allah knows best so I am seeking the right path and Allah knows what the future holds for us all.

Sister Tiffany

:tti_sister:

P.S. Sister if you ever need to talk I am here for you always InshAllah.

Mixedup

Sister I am also A revert and I have been talking to a brother about performing Nikkah. Your father will not be able to be your wali unless he is a muslim. a wali has to be a practing muslim. My father is christian so I have to find a brother to be a wali for me. The wali helps to make sure on your behalf that this brother will be a good husband and a practicing muslim. There has to be two witnesses. InshAllah I hope you will begin to make your relationship Halal. I know how you feel sister I have known this muslim man 4 years and the past year and a half I have been muslim alhumdiAllah. We are not commiting sins by being physical but my hanging out and going to dinner alone that is haram. I want our relationship to be halal and be married so starting from yesterday I told the brother I don't want to see him anymore until our relationship is halal and we perform Nikkah. I don't want to commit anymore sins and I want to receive blessings from Allah from our actions not sin. SO InshALLAH Allah knows best so I am seeking the right path and Allah knows what the future holds for us all.

Sister Tiffany

:tti_sister:

P.S. Sister if you ever need to talk I am here for you always InshAllah.

Sister Tiffany

I admire your actions and wish you all the best with things. Its difficult I know because you have had a relationship for so long and suddenly the tables turn because of our committment to Islam. On the day I reverted I explained i would not jepordise my beliefs or faith or I may as well as not bothered reverting. Fortunately I will not have to wait 1 1/2 years for marriage (god willing!!). I feel if he will not committ to marriage asap to make things right as ALLAH(swt) would demand then I would have to how ever hard end the relationship.
I really hope things work out for you and thank you for been there
Your sister
Jo