islam and judaism

ShyHijabi

Salaam

I totally agree with the original poster - the sterotype of jewish people should stop and has no place in Islam.

Also the Prophets of Islam like David,Isa,Solomon and Musa (peace be on them all) were from Jewish ethnicity even though what they preached was Islam and therefore being Muslim too.

To deny there ethnicity isnt right just like Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was an arab.

Salaam,

That's what I was trying to convey in my previous posting. Jewish-ness is considered both a religion and can also signify ethnicity...though I guess it would've been more appropriate to say they were Hebrew.

My family told me Muslims hate Jews and would kill them as soon as look at them. They told me that no matter how much of a Muslim I try to be that many will consider me a "Jew in Muslim clothing." I must say, after reading soe of these posts I am very saddened and discouraged that there may be some truth to their words.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salem9022

shyhijabi I didn't know you come from a jewish family, al7umdulillah that you accepted Islam. There are many Jews who became Muslims that I know so don't worry no matter what people say it's only between you and Allah.

massi

Salaam

I totally agree with the original poster - the sterotype of jewish people should stop and has no place in Islam.

Also the Prophets of Islam like David,Isa,Solomon and Musa (peace be on them all) were from Jewish ethnicity even though what they preached was Islam and therefore being Muslim too.

To deny there ethnicity isn't right just like Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was an arab.

You are little confused my bro ...:)
Judaism is a religion and the Jews are the following of it ...so don't mixed with the ethnicity ...
David,Isa,Solomon and Musa peace be upon them their ethnicity is from the son of Ibraham peace upon him ...Allaah know the best

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
The misguidance of the Jews with regard to ‘aqeedah
we know where the christians went wrong, where did the jews go wrong ?

Praise be to Allaah.​
Undoubtedly the mistakes that the Jews made are more serious than those which the Christians made, although both of them have erred and are kaafirs. The Qur’aan mentions a number of the ways in which the Jews went astray.
1. Among them there is a group which claims that Allaah has a son, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allaah, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allaah. That is their saying with their mouths, resembling the saying of those who disbelieved aforetime. Allaah’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!”
[al-Tawbah 9:30]
2. They described Allaah as having shortcomings, and they killed the Prophets and Messengers of Allaah, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“The Jews say: ‘Allaah’s Hand is tied up (i.e. He does not give and spend of His Bounty).’ Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for what they uttered. Nay, both His Hands are widely outstretched. He spends (of His Bounty) as He wills”
[al-Maa’idah 5:64]
“Indeed, Allaah has heard the statement of those (Jews) who say: ‘Truly, Allaah is poor and we are rich!’ We shall record what they have said and their killing of the Prophets unjustly, and We shall say: ‘Taste you the torment of the burning (Fire).’”
[Aal ‘Imraan 3:181]
3. They distorted the word of Allaah, i.e., the Tawraat (Torah). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“So, because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places”
[al-Maa’idah 5:13]
“Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say, “This is from Allaah,” to purchase with it a little price! Woe to them for what their hands have written and woe to them for that they earn thereby”
[al-Baqarah 2:79]
4. They deserved the curse of Allaah, because of what Allaah has said about them. Allaah says:
“Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawood (David) and ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allaah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.
They used not to forbid one another from Al-Munkar (wrong, evildoing, sins, polytheism, disbelief) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do”
[al-Maa’idah 5:78-79]
The lies that they have fabricated against their Prophets are many, such as the following:
1. The Jews claimed that the Prophet of Allaah Sulayman (Solomon) was an apostate and that he worshipped idols, as mentioned in I Kings 11:5.
2. The Jews claimed that Loot (Lot) – peace be upon him – drank wine and committed incest with his two daughters, as mentioned in Genesis 19:30ff.
3. The Jews claimed that the Prophet of Allaah Ya’qoob (Jacob) committed theft, as mentioned in Genesis 31:12.
4. The Jews claim that the Prophet of Allaah Dawood (David) committed adultery, as a result of which Sulaymaan (Solomon) was born to him, as mentioned in II Samuel 11:4.
-- and so on, may Allaah curse them and put them to shame.
Allaah and His Messenger cursed them in numerous places in the Qur’aan and Sunnah because of their shameless actions. For example, Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):
“And they say, ‘Our hearts are wrapped (i.e. do not hear or understand Allaah’s Word).’ Nay, Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief, so little is that which they believe.
And when there came to them (the Jews), a Book (this Qur’aan) from Allaah confirming what is with them [the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)], although aforetime they had invoked Allaah (for coming of Muhammad) in order to gain victory over those who disbelieved, then when there came to them that which they had recognized, they disbelieved in it. So let the Curse of Allaah be on the disbelievers”
[al-Baqarah 2:88-89]
“Among those who are Jews, there are some who displace words from (their) right places and say: ‘We hear your word (O Muhammad) and disobey,’ and ‘Hear and let you (O Muhammad) hear nothing.’ And Raa‘ina [in Arabic, this means ‘Be careful, listen to us, and we listen to you’, whereas in Hebrew, it means ‘an insult’] with a twist of their tongues and as a mockery of the religion (Islam). And if only they had said: ‘We hear and obey’, and ‘Do make us understand,’ it would have been better for them, and more proper; but Allaah has cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not except a few.
O you who have been given the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Believe in what We have revealed (to Muhammad) confirming what is (already) with you, before We efface faces (by making them like the back of necks; without nose, mouth and eyes) and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath-breakers. And the Commandment of Allaah is always executed.”
[al-Nisaa’ 4:46-47]
“So, because of their breach of their covenant, We cursed them and made their hearts grow hard. They change the words from their (right) places and have abandoned a good part of the Message that was sent to them. And you will not cease to discover deceit in them, except a few of them”
[al-Maa’idah 5:13]
“Say (O Muhammad to the people of the Scripture): ‘Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allaah: those (Jews) who incurred the Curse of Allaah and His Wrath, and those of whom (some) He transformed into monkeys and swines, and those who worshipped Taaghoot (false deities); such are worse in rank (on the Day of Resurrection in the Hell-fire), and far more astray from the Right Path (in the life of this world).”
[al-Maa’idah 5:60]
“The Jews say: ‘Allaah’s Hand is tied up (i.e. He does not give and spend of His Bounty).’ Be their hands tied up and be they accursed for what they uttered. Nay, both His Hands are widely outstretched. He spends (of His Bounty) as He wills. Verily, the Revelation that has come to you from your Lord (Allaah) increases in most of them (their) obstinate rebellion and disbelief. We have put enmity and hatred amongst them till the Day of Resurrection. Every time they kindled the fire of war, Allaah extinguished it; and they (ever) strive to make mischief on the earth. And Allaah does not like the Mufsidoon (mischief-makers).
[al-Maa’idah 5:64]
And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“May Allaah curse the Jews, for they have taken the graves of their Prophets as places of worship.”
“May Allaah curse the Jews: fat was forbidden for them, but they melted it down and sold it,”
These two hadeeths are both narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari.
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) described them well when he said:
“The nation upon whom is the Divine wrath are the Jews, the people of lies, slander, betrayal, conspiracy and trickery, the killers of Prophets and consumers of ribaa (usury) and bribes. They have the most evil hearts of all nations, and the worst attitude. They are the farthest removed from (divine) Mercy and the closest to (divine) wrath. Their way is enmity and stirring up hatred. They represent the house of witchcraft, lies and trickery. They do not see anything wrong in rejecting and disbelieving in Prophets whom they did not like. With regard to a believer, they respect not the ties, either of kinship or of covenant [cf. Al-Tawbah 9:10]. They do not respect the rights of those who agree with them, or show any compassion towards them, nor do they show any justice or fairness to those who work with them. There is no safety or security for those who mix with them, and there is no sincerity towards those who use their services. The most evil of them is the one who is most intelligent, and the cleverest one among them is the one who cheats the most. The one who is good at heart – which it is unlikely to find among them – is not a Jew in any real sense. They are the most bad-tempered of people, with the gloomiest houses and the filthiest courtyards. They have very bad manners – their greeting is a curse, and meeting them is bad news. Their slogan is wrath and they are filled with hatred.”
(Hidaayat al-Hayaaraa, p. 8)
These are just a few drops from a flood of information. Whoever researches the matter will find out a great deal about their shameful actions and the forms that their kufr and deviation take. We ask Allaah to suppress them, humiliate them, put them to shame and defeat them, and to grant the Muslims victory over them sooner rather than later. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad:saw:.
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

:salam2:

Important point to highlight is that the Quranic verses are not directed toward the entire community of Jews. As you can clearly see the verses go along something like this "among the people of the book" "a group of them". So it's not a general statement, but in fact referring to a specific group.
There are also other verses in the Quran that says " And among the people of the book, if you lend them a herd full of gold, they will readily pay back", etc...
The point being made here is, we are too quick to generalize and group people into one when clearly that is not the case. Just like Muslims, there are bad Muslims and good Muslims.
Not all group of Jews support state of Israel and their treatment of Palestinian.

There have been many instances in Islamic history when Muslims worked together with Jews. A brother pointed out earlier, Jews and Muslims worked together to translate Greek classics into Latin.
Some Jews even help built the Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem.

Thank you for the OP, hopefully this thread helps reduce our own prejudices and stereotypes concerning Jews.
:wasalam:

Shoaib

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Salaam,

That's what I was trying to convey in my previous posting. Jewish-ness is considered both a religion and can also signify ethnicity...though I guess it would've been more appropriate to say they were Hebrew.

My family told me Muslims hate Jews and would kill them as soon as look at them. They told me that no matter how much of a Muslim I try to be that many will consider me a "Jew in Muslim clothing." I must say, after reading soe of these posts I am very saddened and discouraged that there may be some truth to their words.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Saalam,

Hopefully you're not saddened or discouraged for too long. Once you're a Muslim, IMO, people will not judge you whether you were a Jew, Christian, Hindu, etc....

Generally speaking, the way Muslims portray the Jews for the most part is negative, IMO it hasn't been the case historically, but it is more of a recent development especially after 1948. Is it fair? Obviously not, there are exceptions amongst every group, sadly for whatever reason (1948, lack of education, the dominant stereotypes of their society, Israeli/Palestine conflict, etc etc) it seems the most Muslims are not able to distinguish that not all Jews are the same, just like not all Muslims are the same.

P.S. It is really annoying to see people here using the word "kufr" so interchangeably with (disbelievers, polytheist, and then Christians and Jews). Clearly there is a distinction between the two, so please make the distinction when you're using "kufr".
Kufr can be used to refer to 'non Muslims,' but also to refer to some one who is a disbeliever. Christians and Jews have the title of "people of the book" so they do not fall into the category of "disbelieving kufr'. So please clarify when using the word.
Hopefully I didn't confuse any one.

Shoaib

Mohsin

abdu'Allah

There is something very interesting about Judaism compared to Islam. Read the following statements very carefully

The name "Judaism" is given to the religion because it's followers are "Jews" (decendants of Judah).

The name "Muslim" is given to the followers because the name of the religion is "Islam" (complete submission to the will of God)

To further understand these statements please see the links below

Origins of the Words "Jew" and "Judaism"

A brief history of Jews

Conclusion

P.S. If you see the links then please read all the three :)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2: Sister

Wasalaam

~Sarah
It is sad to know that people think that way. The Prophet ( Peace be upon him ) warned us of all these ignorant things people say and will not leave. Don't be disheartened Sister for Allah will reward you for all that you bear for him, inshaAllah. I hope the following passage will be helpful, inshaAllah.
Though there will never again be an absolute state of ignorance and unbelief after the coming of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), ignorance can manifest itself through sins. When Abû Zarr taunted Bilâl with the words: "You son of a black woman", the Prophet (peace be upon him) said to him: "You are a man who has within you something from the times of ignorance." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (30), Sahîh Muslim (1661)] Here the Prophet accused Abû Zarr of possessing a trait of the times of ignorance because of his sin of using a racial vindictive. Al-Bukhârî places this hadîth under the heading "Chapter: Sins are from the Affairs of the Times of Ignorance, but Their Perpetrators are not Unbelievers unless they Fall into Polytheism".
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "There are four aspects of the times of ignorance that my Ummah will not give up: boasting about lineage, ridiculing others because of theirs…" [Sahîh Muslim (934)]
May Allah forgive us all and guide to the ways of the Prophet (Peace be upon him)

Salem9022

Saalam,

Hopefully you're not saddened or discouraged for too long. Once you're a Muslim, IMO, people will not judge you whether you were a Jew, Christian, Hindu, etc....

Generally speaking, the way Muslims portray the Jews for the most part is negative, IMO it hasn't been the case historically, but it is more of a recent development especially after 1948. Is it fair? Obviously not, there are exceptions amongst every group, sadly for whatever reason (1948, lack of education, the dominant stereotypes of their society, Israeli/Palestine conflict, etc etc) it seems the most Muslims are not able to distinguish that not all Jews are the same, just like not all Muslims are the same.

P.S. It is really annoying to see people here using the word "kufr" so interchangeably with (disbelievers, polytheist, and then Christians and Jews). Clearly there is a distinction between the two, so please make the distinction when you're using "kufr".
Kufr can be used to refer to 'non Muslims,' but also to refer to some one who is a disbeliever. Christians and Jews have the title of "people of the book" so they do not fall into the category of "disbelieving kufr'. So please clarify when using the word. Hopefully I didn't confuse any one.

Shoaib

I'm sorry akhi but you should really becarefull in what you say. Yes the christians and Jews are from the "people of the Book"(Ahlul Kitab) but they are also Kuffar and to just point that out to you this is what Allah says in the Qur'an which is a direct contradiction to what you just said:

Surah 5:72 Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.

Surah 5:73 Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

Surah 5:76 Say (O Muhammad :saw: to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the AllHearer, AllKnower."

So there you go they the "people of the book" commit Kufr, and they are amoung the Kuffar even though they are from Ahlul Kitab, and if they weren't then why would Allah say this about them? and why would the Prophet Call the christians and the jews and other people to Islam? if they were already believers?

So please becareful in what You say, especially when it contradicts the Qur'an and we shouldn't speak when we don't have any knoweldge to speak of certain issues.

faithzilla

Had Left TTI
I'm Indonesian so I know well this Wahid Institute, Islamic Liberal Network (JIL)

First the founder is Abdurrahman Wahid(or Gus DUr)is well known supporter of Israel, when He became the president of Indonesia he want to establish diplomatic realtionship with Israel. He also the strong supporter of Israel and recently went to Israel to receive an award from Jimmy Carter Foundation.

In the past, Abdurrahman publicly advocated establishing diplomatic ties with Israel, saying that Indonesia had even larger ideological differences with China, with whom it had a strong diplomatic relationship.

He is more popular outside Indonesia rather in Indonesia, due to his anttic. Maybe the western media like him since he is "different" than the rest of muslim.

I'm sorry but noone in Indonesia refer him as a pious muslim. want a proof, his spouse, his daughter (yenny) not wearing hijab. and he is the leader of Nahdathul Ulama(NU). NU is a "conservative" Sunni Islam group in Indonesia.

And Yeah the Islamic Liberal things, they even wrote an article that want to redefine the meaning of hijab, from their perspective, the Hijab is not wear from chest to head, but from chest to feet

Add 1:
I remembered I saw a video of him being baptized in front of christian crowd.
Add 2:
I remembered He said "Quran is the p.o.r.n est book" (astagfirlahu)

sigh he is more like a fitna rather than a muslim

I do not like opening his aib, but just to warn people not to trust him or his collages who has the same attitude as him, like Liberal Islamic things

Wassalam

Zainudin Jaffar

Strive to be Mukmin
Salaam,

Please feel free to ask any questions, if I am able to answer them I will, inshallah. A while back I began a thread "Ask a former Jew a question"....maybe I should start another.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

:salam2: Sarah

Please start this thread for the benefit of everyone. You have gone there and done that, who else can give a more sincere view than yourself.

I really can't stomach any more with some of the people in this forum. Pointing fingers at everyone and I mean everyone at a mere hint of differences. We are muslim first and they are acting like God, calling everyone else kafirs, kufr on and on. Do you really really really knows whats in our heart? Really? Can anyone give me an answer now! I don't think so.

Only and Only Allah has that knowledge not even His angels. And Allah's knowledge is perfect.

Do you know any one worst than the musyrikin? Yes! they are the munafiqun and they are right at the bottom of the pile!

Please stop pointing finger at anyone because ten are pointing back at you. You know what I mean?

Stick with discussion on Islam and how to improve our self first and give a proper/right view to non-muslim reading this forum. That is our purpose doesn't it?

Please don't make other muslim or non-muslim for that matter as your "target" practice because Allah knows their heart and intention to perfection, not us.

"Whatever to be written has been done" thats Qada' and Qader

We are mirror to each other. Whatever makes you look good or bad are reflected to the rest of us and vise versa.

Please brothers and sisters make us look good and our Deen will follow the same.

Wallahualam

Zafran

Muslim Brother
You are little confused my bro ...:)
Judaism is a religion and the Jews are the following of it ...so don't mixed with the ethnicity ...
David,Isa,Solomon and Musa peace be upon them their ethnicity is from the son of Ibraham peace upon him ...Allaah know the best

Salaam

People who dont practice Judaism but are from Jewish descent are also called jews not becasue of what religion they practice but because of what racial origin they are from. Thats what i meant, racial origin. Thats why i said that sterotyping jewish people has no place in Islam.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Salaam,

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salaam

Majority of the Muslims dont care what racial origin each of us are from as long as we believe that there is one God and follow prophet Muhammad (pbuh). Narrow minded people are found everywhere but as some other poster said it doesnt realy matter what people think. What matters is what Allah Thinks.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I'm sorry akhi but you should really becarefull in what you say. Yes the christians and Jews are from the "people of the Book"(Ahlul Kitab) but they are also Kuffar and to just point that out to you this is what Allah says in the Qur'an which is a direct contradiction to what you just said:

Surah 5:72 Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)), son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah (Iesa (Jesus)) said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.

Surah 5:73 Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god) (none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

Surah 5:76 Say (O Muhammad :saw: to mankind): "How do you worship besides Allah something which has no power either to harm or to benefit you? But it is Allah Who is the AllHearer, AllKnower."

So there you go they the "people of the book" commit Kufr, and they are amoung the Kuffar even though they are from Ahlul Kitab, and if they weren't then why would Allah say this about them? and why would the Prophet Call the christians and the jews and other people to Islam? if they were already believers?

So please becareful in what You say, especially when it contradicts the Qur'an and we shouldn't speak when we don't have any knoweldge to speak of certain issues.

Thank you for clarifying my post for me. lol
Sorry I wrote too hastily. (It was like 2 in the morning when I made the post)
Perhaps it's my interpretation of the word Kufr, I think of it as very bad, polythiest, sinners, etc.

Although Jews and Christians are not believers like the Muslims, however they do have many things common with us, especially the Jews as they scribe no parter with Allah, save the people who thought Ezra was son of God.

The Quran also speaks of righteous people amongst the "people of the book" even if they are few in numbers, it is too much for me to just group the entire population into "kufr" and hence I for myself always make a distinction.
Perhaps, I"m wrong, who knows.

Allah knows best.

Thank you for the reply

Shoaib