Islam and Mormonism?

Assalam-o-alikum everyone!

I want to learn more about Islam and Mormonism.Like the Difference and other stuff.Thats because,my friend who is a mormon is quite confussed about it, so am i....Any1 out there would be able to help me?
Thanks!!:SMILY176:

Valerie

If you have questions about Islam, the people here are really nice and willing to help with a lot of questions (they've put up with me so far and I am full of questions).

As far as mormonism goes, I am not sure if there's anyone here who can answer the questions (there might be). I have vague ideas of what Mormons do, but nothing that I could answer with any certainty. I have a copy of the Book of Mormon, but I haven't read it :redface:

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
Mormonism teaches that "God" use to be a man on another planet far away and that he became a "God" through exaltation which happens when a person is obedient to their "God." Those that sound like God to you?

Mormonism teaches that "God" has a "Goddess wife" and that all humans on earth are "God's" spiritual children conceived by "God' and his "Goddess wife".

It further teaches that each of these spiritual children can become "Gods" in the further. Does that sound true to you?

Mormonism (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints) has far to many of the falsehoods examplified in the above paragraphs to list them all.

Mormonism is based on The Book of Mormon which not only contradicts the bible but actually contradicts itself:

Please notice a few things about the following verses. Jesus was according to the Bible either in Hell for three days or in the grave for three days; consequently, this verse of The Bible is obviously a translational error at best and it was that Jesus was saying "Today I say to you, shall you will be with me in paradise?" or "Today I say to you, you shall be with me in paradise."

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luk 23:44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Now, The Bible says it was dary from the sixth hour to the ninth hour=3 hours

3 Nephi 8:19 all these great and terrible things were done in about the space of three hours-and then behold, there was darkness upon the face of the land..."

That verse seems to agree with The Bible

Helaman 14:20 "But behold, as I said unto you concerning another sign, a sign of his death, behold, in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you; and also the moon and the stars; and there shall be no light upon the face of this land, even from the time that he shall suffer death, for the space of three days, to the time that he shall rise again from the dead... 26 And behold, thus hath the angel spoken unto me; for he said unto me that there should be thunderings and lightnings for the space of many hours. 27 And he said unto me that while the thunder and the lightning lasted, and the tempest, that these things should be, and that darkness should cover the face of the whole earth for the space of three days. "

There are 10's of 1000's of books showing contradictions within Mormonism and when compared with the Bible.

The greatest sin of Mormonism is that it denies the basic tenant of all the religions taught to the sons of Ibrahim (Abraham).

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Al-Baqara
Unto Allah belong the East and the West, and whithersoever ye turn, there is Allah's Countenance. Lo! Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing. (115) And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All are subservient unto Him. (116) The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. (117)

Al-Baqara
Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous. (255)

Al-E-Imran
Lo! This verily is the true narrative. There is no God save Allah, and lo! Allah he verily, is the Mighty, the Wise. (62) And if they turn away, then lo! Allah is Aware of (who are) the corrupters. (63) Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him). (64)

Al-Maeda
And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I had ever said it, then Thou wouldst have known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden? (116)

An-Nahl
Allah hath said: Choose not two Gods. There is only One God. So of Me, Me only, be in awe. (51)

Al-Mumenoon
Allah hath not chosen any son, nor is there any God along with Him; else would each God have assuredly championed that which he created, and some of them would assuredly have overcome others. Glorified be Allah above all that they allege. (91)

Al-Maeda
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no God save the One God. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. (73)

If you have questions about Islam, the people here are really nice and willing to help with a lot of questions (they've put up with me so far and I am full of questions).

As far as mormonism goes, I am not sure if there's anyone here who can answer the questions (there might be). I have vague ideas of what Mormons do, but nothing that I could answer with any certainty. I have a copy of the Book of Mormon, but I haven't read it :redface:

people here sure ARE really nice!!:SMILY149:

Mormonism teaches that "God" use to be a man on another planet far away and that he became a "God" through exaltation which happens when a person is obedient to their "God." Those that sound like God to you?

Mormonism teaches that "God" has a "Goddess wife" and that all humans on earth are "God's" spiritual children conceived by "God' and his "Goddess wife".

It further teaches that each of these spiritual children can become "Gods" in the further. Does that sound true to you?

Mormonism (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints) has far to many of the falsehoods examplified in the above paragraphs to list them all.

Mormonism is based on The Book of Mormon which not only contradicts the bible but actually contradicts itself:

Please notice a few things about the following verses. Jesus was according to the Bible either in Hell for three days or in the grave for three days; consequently, this verse of The Bible is obviously a translational error at best and it was that Jesus was saying "Today I say to you, shall you will be with me in paradise?" or "Today I say to you, you shall be with me in paradise."

Luk 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
Luk 23:44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.

Now, The Bible says it was dary from the sixth hour to the ninth hour=3 hours

3 Nephi 8:19 all these great and terrible things were done in about the space of three hours-and then behold, there was darkness upon the face of the land..."

That verse seems to agree with The Bible

Helaman 14:20 "But behold, as I said unto you concerning another sign, a sign of his death, behold, in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you; and also the moon and the stars; and there shall be no light upon the face of this land, even from the time that he shall suffer death, for the space of three days, to the time that he shall rise again from the dead... 26 And behold, thus hath the angel spoken unto me; for he said unto me that there should be thunderings and lightnings for the space of many hours. 27 And he said unto me that while the thunder and the lightning lasted, and the tempest, that these things should be, and that darkness should cover the face of the whole earth for the space of three days. "

There are 10's of 1000's of books showing contradictions within Mormonism and when compared with the Bible.

The greatest sin of Mormonism is that it denies the basic tenant of all the religions taught to the sons of Ibrahim (Abraham).

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Al-Baqara
Unto Allah belong the East and the West, and whithersoever ye turn, there is Allah's Countenance. Lo! Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing. (115) And they say: Allah hath taken unto Himself a son. Be He glorified! Nay, but whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth is His. All are subservient unto Him. (116) The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. (117)

Al-Baqara
Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous. (255)

Al-E-Imran
Lo! This verily is the true narrative. There is no God save Allah, and lo! Allah he verily, is the Mighty, the Wise. (62) And if they turn away, then lo! Allah is Aware of (who are) the corrupters. (63) Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him). (64)

Al-Maeda
And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I had ever said it, then Thou wouldst have known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden? (116)

An-Nahl
Allah hath said: Choose not two Gods. There is only One God. So of Me, Me only, be in awe. (51)

Al-Mumenoon
Allah hath not chosen any son, nor is there any God along with Him; else would each God have assuredly championed that which he created, and some of them would assuredly have overcome others. Glorified be Allah above all that they allege. (91)

Al-Maeda
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the third of three; when there is no God save the One God. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve. (73)

Jazakilah, Frank! But i have tried telling my friend, she simply said u are wrong.I have tried so many ways to tell her that, whatever she is believing in...its not right.<sigh> What more could i do now?

NatalieSiddiqui_334

Babyphat,

Please do not take advice from someone who has no true knowledge of the Mormon religion, I am a convert from Mormonism , no Mormons do not believe god was a human being , no Mormons do not believe that god has a "goddess wife" and no they do not believe that humans are literal children of god .

Mormons are different from other Christians because they do not worship a trinity , they believe that god is the creator of all things , that he is not a man and never was or will be , they believe that Jesus is the son of god , which we know as Muslims is incorrect, and they believe in the Holy Spirit as being a sort of conscience that tries to lead you to choose the right. They believe that Joseph smith met god and Jesus in the sacred grove and they told him where to find the golden plates that were buried on the hill kamorah (spelling?) it never says that god was a human at all... Those golden plates are the Book of Mormon. The doctor and Covenants are a series of stories about the so called prophet joseph smith and his predecessors . The Mormon church elects a new "prophet" at the end of each ones life to guide and direct the Mormons based on the way the world has evolved .

As a convert I can tell you that , there are many unanswered questions in Mormonism, I left the church long before I learned about Islam. Basically what got me was the fact that Allah is the creator , he has no sons or daughters , therefore jesus can not be the literal son of god. as the teachings say , that the angel gabriel came to the Virgin Mary and blew into her chest and she was impregnated as commanded of allah. Also the Quran constantly repeats that it is the word of god. No other religious book states that. may Allah forgive me for any misunderstandings.

I hope this clears up your confusion and may Allah guide your friend to the right path inshallah. Always remember not to create a debate on religion but listen and share surah from Quran and tell her about how Islam has changed your life. If you have any questions or need any advice let me know!