Islam depression and law of attraction

Dhikreislam

The topic i want to shed light on actually the combination of the above 3 subjects. I post here to help muslims who may be suffering from depression. I wanna start by saying that I feel sad and angry whenever I hear someone equating depressive disorders with sadness or 'feeling blue'. Feeling sas is normal part of life; feeling suicideal is not. Hence the difference. The problem of depression takes a person miles below any sadness would. People need to be aware of that.

Islam is an amazing way of Life. In it, Allah has gave us the answers to all of our problems if we look hard enough. The problem of depression being no different. Our beautiful holy quran presents us with an ayat such as "So surely every hardship is followed by ease. Yes, every hardship shall be followed by an ease" [Quran 94:5-6]. and "do not despair of Allah's soothing mercy. Verily, none but the people who deny (the truth) can ever lose hope of Allah's soothing mercy" [Quran 12:87]. Anyone muslim suffering from the torture of depression (whether short or long lasting) can breath a sign of relief if they were to come across and understand the meanings of those ayats. Allah (swt) truly is most kind and compassionate towards his creation.

The ideas a muslim is to hold while battling this acursed state were clearly spoken in the Quran. With those ideas in mind, a person does have to have extra help himself/herself to cure it. While routes such as medicine, counseling sessions, finding support groups, etc are no doubt helpful, there is another way that i believe too few people know of in this world. Its called the Law of Attraction. Its one of the many metaphysical universal laws and simply stated it says that what we have, what we are, what we get etc in our lives was attracted to us by our own mind.
Herego if desire something in our lives, all we must do is continuously and deliberately envision whatever we want in and eventually by this law it WILL come forth in our lives. And obviously this means that in the case of depression, a person afflicted can constantly envision positive things and people which will eventually manifest itself in his/her real life and take care of the problem.
In Islam there is a very famous hadith. Our beloved Prophet Mohammad (p.b.u.h) said The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am.
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

http://hadithaday.org/hadith-qudsi-collection/had-152-–-i-am-as-my-servant-thinks-expects-i-am/

The hadith goes on after that but i wanted to bring out and highlight that key phrase in the hadith. I believe that is a clear sign of Allah telling us about this universal law. Expanding this powerful idea to help muslims with depression is would simply be heartwarming. Depression is a disease where the problem lies in how a person thinks of the world and others around. Islamic being a complete religion it is sheds light on using our minds to beat depression, to visualize our happiness, our success, our forgiveness, our health, our glory in this life and next and to expect the best of Allah (swt) in order make our lives meaningful and successful and also accepting of Allah (swt) on the day of judgement.

Ya Allah thank you for everything you have given to us. May we all become strong muslims and serve humanity to the best of our abilities

Bilal