Islam for everyone?

Hannah123

One Truth
Salaam alaikum brothers and sisters:

I'm working on an essay for school and i know i can count on you all to help me out. I just need to know something from the Quran that says Islam is not just for arabs...or hadith or some good points to put in my final draft. Any suggestions would be so great. :SMILY259:

Masalaam,
Hannah

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Waalaikumsalam Sister,

Here's one which is from the last sermon of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w:

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over a white - except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefore do injustice to yourselves. Remember one day you will meet Allah and answer your deeds. So beware: do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

Source: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/prophet/lastsermon.html

suumaya

Asalamu alaikum

Surah Al Qalam (the Pen)
Allah says...But is is nothing less then a message to Al Alamin (mankind jinn and all thet exists) Quran:52

Read surah 7: Al Araf or the Heights... becuase Allah talk to the children of Adam in that chapter.

Also Allah says to Muhammad- O Muhammad verly you are a mercy to Al Alamin (mankind jinn and all thet exists)

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Salaam once again,

Sis there's a lot from the Quran which states so.

Al-Fatiha
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)
Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds (2) Most Gracious, Most Merciful (3) Master of the, Day of Judgment. (4) Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek. (5) Show us the straight way. (6) The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, Those whose (portion) is not wrath and who go not astray. (7)
"Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the Worlds"- This states clearly that Allah is the Lord of all. Hence, its not only reserved only for Arabs. I hope you got what I mean.

Sageer

Islam is for all.

I'm working on an essay for school and i know i can count on you all to help me out. I just need to know something from the Quran that says Islam is not just for arabs...or hadith or some good points to put in my final draft. Any suggestions would be so great. :SMILY259:

Masalaam,
Hannah

Allah Almighty revealed His Noble Revelations to all nations other than the Arabs so they too would get the same Message of Islam:

"And the Unbelievers say: "Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?" But thou art truly a warner, and to every people a guide. (The Noble Quran, 13:7)"

"We sent not an apostle except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now God leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom. (The Noble Quran, 14:4)"

"It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered an apostle from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before, in manifest error;- (The Noble Quran, 62:2)"

There are other Noble Verses that prove that Allah Almighty's Revelations came upon many tribes and nations other than the Arabs. The Message of Allah Almighty is very simple: Believing in One Almighty GOD. Non of Allah Almighty's Revelations taught Idol worshiping or Trinity.

Idol worshiping and Trinity and all other methods of using GOD's creations as mediators between man and GOD are against the principles of GOD Almighty's teachings about His Oneness.

Since the Noble Quran was Allah Almighty's Revelation, and since it talks to all of Mankind, and since it teaches the Oneness of GOD Almighty, then it is quite clear that the Noble Quran is for all places, all times, and all of Mankind.

Rimatisma

^^^ما لي وللدنيا؟^^^
Islam is the universal religion addressing all mankind. The meaning of Islam is actually the unconditional and peaceful submission to the One and Only God, Who is the Creator of existence. When God refers to Himself in the Qur’an, He does not limit His divinity to a certain category or sect of humanity. On the contrary, He declares Himself to be God of all beings and worlds:
*{Praise be to God, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;}*(Al-Fatihah 1:2)

He never defines himself as the God of all Arabs or even the God of all Muslims only, but He is God of all things, including all mankind:

*{God is the Creator of all things, and He is the Guardian and Disposer of all affairs.}*(Az-Zumar 39:62 )

On the other hand, Islam regards any person who submits to the Creator and who calls to this submission as a true Muslim. According to the Qur’an, all prophets who called to the idea of submitting to God, throughout the history of humanity, are true Muslims:

*{Say: "We believe in God, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)."}*(Aal `Imran 3:84)

Accordingly, prophets and messengers sent by God to call mankind to Islam were not mostly Arabs, but they were from different nations, backgrounds and races. Among the Arab ones were Prophet Salih and Messenger Muhammad, the last of all prophets (peace be upon them all).

Thus, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) is considered God’s final messenger to all mankind, not to Arabs or people of the Prophet’s time only. God has declared this repetitively and explicitly in the Qur’an, when He addressed or mentioned Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him):

*{We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures.}* (Al-Anbiyaa' 21:107)

*{We have not sent thee but as a universal (Messenger) to mankind, giving them glad tidings, and warning them (against sin), but most men understand not.}*(Saba' 34:28)

*{Say: "O mankind! I am sent unto you all, as the Apostle of God, to Whom belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He That giveth both life and death. So believe in God and His Apostle, the Unlettered Prophet, who believeth in God and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided."}*(Al-A`raf 7:158)

*{Blessed is He who sent down the criterion to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures;}*(Al-Furqan 25:1)

Sageer

The Noble Quran is for all Mankind:

"Verily this Qur'an doth guide to that which is most right (or stable), and giveth the Glad Tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a magnificent reward; (The Noble Quran, 17:9)" The believers in this Noble Verse could be from any nationality.

"We send down (stage by stage) in the Qur'an that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe: to the unjust it causes nothing but loss after loss. (The Noble Quran, 17:82)" The Noble Quran in this Verse is a heal to those who believe. It is not limited to Arabs only.

"Say: "If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support. (The Noble Quran, 17:88)" Why would Allah Almighty challenge Mankind to produce a Quran like it if the Noble Quran wasn't meant to be for all of Mankind and all of the Jinns too. Jinns have Prophets too; see Noble Verse 6:130.

"And We have explained to man, in this Qur'an, every kind of similitude: yet the greater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude! (The Noble Quran, 17:89)" Allah Almighty in this Noble Verse is referring to man or mankind. Not mention of just Arabic people.

"We have explained in detail in this Qur'an, for the benefit of mankind, every kind of similitude: but man is, in most things, contentious. (The Noble Quran, 18:54)"

"Verily in this (Qur'an) is a Message for people who would (truly) worship God. (The Noble Quran, 21:106)" Here Allah Almighty is sending a Message to all of mankind.

"Verily this Qur'an doth explain to the Children of Israel most of the matters in which they disagree. (The Noble Quran, 27:76)" Here we see the People of Israel are welcomed to praise the Noble Quran and use it to resolve their disagreements.

"And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: 'O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad.' But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, 'this is evident sorcery!' (The Noble Quran, 61:6)" In this Noble Verse we see Prophet Jesus peace be upon him giving glad tidings for Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) coming.

If the Noble Quran is irrelevant for the People of Israel, then what purpose did this Noble Verse (61:6) serve? And why is the Noble Verse above (27:76) inviting the People of Israel to resolve their difference through the Noble Quran, by embracing the Noble Quran? It is quite clear that the Noble Quran is for all People.

"Blessed is He who sent down the criterion [the Noble Quran] to His servant, that it may be an admonition to all creatures [Mankind];- (The Noble Quran, 25:1)"

"We sent thee not, but as a Mercy for all creatures. (The Noble Quran, 21:107)"

"This is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds. (The Noble Quran, 38:87)"

"And no reward dost thou ask of them for this: it is no less than a message for all creatures. (The Noble Quran, 12:104)"

"Those were the (prophets) who received God's guidance: Copy the guidance they received; Say: 'No reward for this do I ask of you: This is no less than a message for the nations.' (The Noble Quran, 6:90)"

"Verily this is no less than a Message to (all) the Worlds: (The Noble Quran, 81:27)"

"Ye [Muslims] are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in God. If only the People of the Book [Jews and Christians] had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors. (The Noble Quran 3:110)"

Here we clearly see Allah Almighty is praising the "Muslims" and not the "Arabs" for being the "best of the peoples evolved for mankind". The Muslims are not just Arabs. Muslims are those who follow the Revelations of Allah Almighty in the Noble Quran. And since this Noble Verse came to all Muslims of all races (since Arabs alone are not the best of all peoples), then it is quite clear that the Noble Quran came for all Mankind and not just the Arabs alone.

"O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness,- that is the best. Such are among the Signs of God, that they may receive admonition! (The Noble Quran, 7:26)"

"O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith. (The Noble Quran, 7:27)"

"O Children of Adam! wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer: eat and drink: But waste not by excess, for God loveth not the wasters. (The Noble Quran, 7:31)"

"O ye Children of Adam! whenever there come to you apostles from amongst you, rehearsing My signs unto you,- those who are righteous and mend (their lives),- on them shall be no fear nor shall they grieve. (The Noble Quran, 7:35)"

"Did I not enjoin on you, O ye Children of Adam, that ye should not worship Satan; for that he was to you an enemy avowed? (The Noble Quran, 36:60)"

Here we see Allah Almighty talking to all Muslims since Adam was the first human being and we are all his sons.

Questions to those who think that Noble Quran was only revealed for Arabs:

If the Noble Quran is indeed only for Arabs and not for Mankind, then why did Allah Almighty talk to Mankind in the Noble Verses under the "Noble Verses for Mankind" section above?

If the Noble Quran is only for Arabs as the Torah (The Law of GOD to the Jews) for instance is strictly for the Jews (as we see GOD Almighty only conversing strictly with the Jews and not with any other nation or tribe), then why did He the Almighty talk with Mankind in the Noble Quran? What purpose did it serve if Mankind would never have to hear the Message?

fboutiche

Re: Islam for everyone

Masalaam,
Hannah

Salamualikum sister here is all what you need;

Prophet muhamed sala allahu alayhi wa salam came with the Divine Message and proclaimed that: no Arab is superior over a non-Arab, and no white is superior over black(1) and superiority is by righteousness and God-fearing alone, and also go to the quran (surat al-Hujurat, 49.13). the prophet said in a hadith He also declared that: even if an Abyssinian black Muslim were to rule over Muslims, he should be obeyed (2). another hadith where the prophet Sala allahu alayhi wa salam said: in the judgment day Allah won`t look at you colors nor your wealth but to your hearts and your deeds. so there is no deference. more in the quran talking about That Islam where sent to all human kind (Al-Anbiyaa' 21:107), (Saba' 34:28), (Al-A`raf 7:158),(Al-Furqan 25:1)
there is alot more but i thing that`s enough inshallah, wish you the best and hey try to read the quran more often inshallah make you feel better, yallah take care , salam (-:

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Would like to add one point.

The most authentic collection of hadeeths in Islam, Jamee Al Saheeh (Bukhari) is collected by the scholar hailing from non-arab world.

Muhammad Ibn Ismaeel from Bokhara.