Islamic organizations that help with debt?

justme1983

Assalamualaykum,

I was wondering if there are any islamic organizations that help pay off personal debt?
I'm figuring out everything I owe and I'm sick to my stomach. Sadly, a lot of it has to do with interest because I incurred these debts before I reverted (car loan, student loans, credit card, etc.). I don't know what to do. I'll be paying these (or not paying them due to lack of money) for the rest of my life!

For a brief moment I thought about filing bankruptcy but I don't know much about it and even if it's islamically okay.

I know I'm not the only one going through this. Again, are there any organizations that help pay off debts or can anyone give me other advice?

:jazaak:
:muslima:

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

BROTHER OR SISTER IN ISLAM, :salam2:

I THINK WE SHOULD TRY TO PAY BACK THE PRINCIPAL PORTION OF OUR LOAN (NOT THE INTEREST) BECAUSE THAT MONEY BELONG TO SOMEBODY AND ON THE OF JUDGMENT WE MIGHT BE ASKED TO PAY IT BACK BY THE ALMIGHTY.

PERHAPS YOU CAN TALK TO THE LENDING AGENCIES OR SOME ORGANIZATION MAY HELP YOU IN THE NEGOTIATION PROCESS.

THIS IS TOTALLY MY OWN OPINION. I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT ISLAMIC RULING IN THIS MATTER. MAY BE SOME KNOWLEDGEABLE BROTHER OR SISTER WILL BE EXPLAIN IT MORE CLEARLY.

I ASK FORGIVENESS OF ALLAH(SWT) IF I HAVE WRITTEN SOME THING WRONG.