Israel uses Palestinian teens as human shields

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
:salam2:

Israel uses Palestinian teens as human shields

The Israeli human rights group B'Tselem accused the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) of using Palestinian teenagers as human shields (a military and political term describing the presence of civilians in or around combat targets to deter an enemy from attacking those targets, according to Wikipedia) during an operation in the West Bank city of Nablus.

According to B'Tselem, Israeli soldiers took two Palestinians, a boy and a girl, aged between 11 and 15 years old, while conducting a military offensive last week, asking them to enter houses in which they were searching for fighters and weapons, before they raid them.

International law considers the use of human shields a war crime.

Article 51 of the Geneva Conventions, "Protocol Additional to the Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949 (Protocol 1)," prohibits the use of civilians as human shields "to render certain points or areas immune from military operations, in particular in attempts to shield military objectives from attacks or to shield, favour or impede military operations." And Article 52 clearly prohibits attacking civilian infrastructure unless it is of military value, and Article 54 prohibits attacking food and water equipment, unless it is of military value and does not cause civilians to starve or be forced to move.

Also the Human Rights Watch states that "civilians acting as human shields, whether voluntary or not, contribute indirectly to the war capability of a state. Their actions do not pose a direct risk to opposing forces. Because they are not directly engaged in hostilities against an adversary, they retain their civilian immunity from attack." However it notes that the use by a state of human shields, whether voluntary or not, is a violation of international law, citing Protocol I of the First Geneva Convention.[21]

Israel has previous instances in the occupied Palestinian territories where it violated all above mentioned articles

Also the use of human shields has been ruled illegal by Israel's Supreme Court and is prohibited by military orders.

Earlier an Associated Press cameraman captured a photo of an incident that took place on Feb. 25, where Sameh Amira, 24, appeared used by Israeli troops as they raided apartments in the city's casbah, or Old City.

Amid, Amira's 15-year-old cousin, told B'Tselem that he was used by the soldiers as well as Mr. Amira during military operations were they were forced to come along as the Israelis searched three houses, forced to enter rooms ahead of the Israelis and empty cupboards and open windows to make sure there’re no bombs that would risk the Israelis’ lives.

The rights group also quoted Jihan Dadush, 11, as saying that members of the Israeli army kidnapped her from her home three days later, and asked her to open the door of a neighboring apartment they sought to search.

B'Tselem spokeswoman Sarit Michaeli said that

"The army must investigate what happened and act accordingly -- try people, make sure the rules are clarified and understand where the failures were, in order to prevent this from happening again," she said.

Discrimination against Arab Israelis
Meanwhile, The UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination demanded the Israeli army ease roadblocks and other restrictions on Palestinians as well as control settlers’ violence and hate speech.

The committee, which examined the records of 13 countries at a four-week meeting in Geneva, said that the IOF trains in Palestinian villages, stressing that Israel's security measures must be re-calibrated to avoid discrimination against Arab Israelis or Palestinians living in the occupied territories.

It further warned against the unjust distribution of water resources, also criticizing the "denial of the right of many Palestinians" to return to their land.

• Violence reniewed

Palestinian hospital officials reported Saturday that the Israeli occupation forces shot dead a Palestinian man near the Gaza border on Friday, adding that they had retrieved the man’s body, which they said was riddled with bullets.

The Israeli military repeated same claims it uses each time it kills Palestinians, arguing that the soldiers opened fire at the man after two Palestinians came close to the Israeli-built border fence.

“The force suspected them of trying to plant an explosive device,” Israeli military spokeswoman said.

“The force fired at them and identified hitting one of them,” she added.

“We have called on Palestinians many times not to come towards the fence.”

No weapons were found at the scene of the incident.

Source: www.aljazeera.com/me.asp?service_ID=13091

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Walaikum Assalaam

Brother when i hear about palestine or any other muslim country suffering from oppressors. i think of one Quranic verse in my mind. that is mention below May Allah make things easier for the Brothers and sisters oppressed by this dirty people.

"everyone Shall taste Death then unto us you shall be returned"

29: verse 57

Surah al -Ankabut - the Spider

Source : Noble Quran

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Walaikum Assalaam

Brother when i hear about palestine or any other muslim country suffering from oppressors. i think of one Quranic verse in my mind. that is mention below May Allah make things easier for the Brothers and sisters oppressed by this dirty people.

"everyone Shall taste Death then unto us you shall be returned"

29: verse 57

Surah al -Ankabut - the Spider

Source : Noble Quran

Salaam alaykum

nice that you think some verse but Palestine doesn´t need your sympathy, like any other humiliated and oppressed muslim country, but she needs your acts.

sister Harb

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaam alaykum

nice that you think some verse but Palestine doesn´t need your sympathy, like any other humiliated and oppressed muslim country, but she needs your acts.

sister Harb

What kind of acts??
Nice homepage u have..

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
Walaikum Assalaam

sister harb's

I will like to act against the oppressors inshallah but i am a student currently.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Walaikum Assalaam

sister harb's

I will like to act against the oppressors in the way of donating many anf food aid. Infact my neyat is there.but if i start getting a job first because i am a student currently. Inshalllah

Alhamdulilah...
May god gives u lots of money so that you can help the others...

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah

Alhamdulilah...
May god gives u lots of money so that you can help the others...

Walaikum Assalaam

Brother may Allah give you so much money as well and you help your brothers and sisters in future. who being oppressed

Inshallah.

saqlawi

Muslim Student
This is great, I'm too used to seeing passive Muslims.

Action is what this ummah needs. I think a whole generation of people who are students (including me) and plan to act will eventually graduate. Maybe several years from now when all this generation is out in the real world the ummah will be able to pull itself together again insha'allah.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum

please forgive me if my comment before was unkindly. I have made work for Palestine last 20 years and know many ways how to act. Mostly my weapon is a pen; I write articles to magazines and try my best to tell what really happens in Palestine; secondly I speak with other people and tell them what zionist terrorism really is. If you are interesting to help our sisters and brothers in Palestine, from this address you might get some tips:

http://freepalestine.com/20 ways to help palestine.htm

or take contact to me by pm.

:shymuslima1:
your sister in Islam
sister Harb

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
IOF terrorize civilians, use elderly man as human shield
[ 10/03/2007 - 03:59 PM ]

AL-KHALIL, (PIC)-- Israeli occupation troops, backed by some 25 military vehicles, raided the small village of Al-Kum, 8 kilometers west of Dura in Al-Khalil district last night, terrorizing civilians, desecrating the local mosque and using an elderly man as a human shield.

Locals said crack Israeli soldiers stormed the village around 2:00 a.m. and started searching several homes, apparently for “wanted persons,” a reference to Palestinian resistance fighters.

In the process the soldiers desecrated the local mosque by entering into the holy place without taking their boots off. They also stormed four homes, vandalizing and sabotaging furniture.

An elderly man in his 70s, who identified himself as Abdul Jalil Muhammed Rajoub, said soldiers pointed their guns at him and ordered him to walk to another home where the troops thought a wanted fighter was hiding.

“This is a clear violation of Israel’s own law. They used me as a human shield, then they herded me and my entire family into my neighbor’s home,” said the elderly man.

Full article: http://www.palestine-info.com/en/de...mg/uXPaCFA5EpZh1aWM3AUh5gaZp8Snc91VvZCvXAVKc=

unique_princess

AlQudsu tunadeena

i don't know what to sat...
things like this make me sooooooo angry...
may Allah help our brothers and sisters(Aameen)