It bugs me...

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:
This has been bugging me for a while. I just don't understand.

I've heard 2 stories:
1- A prostitute gives a thirsty dog some water. She subsequently gets admitted to heaven,
2- An otherwise very pious man, does not get admitted to heaven as his sin was to be slightly mean to his mother. He dies a very painful death.

Does anyone know the stroies I am talking about? I think they're in hadith...

Anyway, I'm confused. Surely Number.2 is the better muslim? why does he suffer because of one vice? Allah is Oft-forgiving, after all. Why did the prostitute, living a life of sin, get forgiven for one small deed, whilst the man, living a life of piousness, get into trouble?

Any help?:SMILY176:

amjaddamen

brother
dear sister
for the first bug read out this hadeeth
for the seconed i did not get a clow,but you must have known that not all sins are the same before allah there is some much more worse than others

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "While a man was walking he felt thirsty and went down a well and drank water from it. On coming out of it, he saw a dog panting and eating mud because of excessive thirst. The man said, 'This (dog) is suffering from the same problem as that of mine. So he (went down the well), filled his shoe with water, caught hold of it with his teeth and climbed up and watered the dog. Allah thanked him for his (good) deed and forgave him." The people asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Is there a reward for us in serving (the) animals?" He replied, "Yes, there is a reward for serving any animate."

i hope it helps

muhsinah

For the first, amjaddamen has already posted a relevant hadith but the story of the prostitute is also there.....somewhere, too lazy to search for the source but its often quoted. It shows the mercy and generosity of Allah, don't you think?
As for the second story, I do not know that story but please keep in mind that Allah often mentions obedience and kindness to parents right after he mentions obedience to himself. He often mentions obeying our parents in the Qur'an.
"Worship none but Allah (alone) and be dutiful and good to parents..." [Qur'an 2:83]
"worship Allah and join none with Him (in worship); and do good to parents..." [Qur'an 4:36]
"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents...." [Qur'an 17:23]

All of these verses show that after obedience to Allah, our parents are the NEXT! So of course, how can we claim to be pious when we disobey Allah in such a huge matter? Being slightly mean to parents is a BIG DEAL! Allah tells us in the Qur'an, "...say not to them "uff" nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour" [Qur'an 17:23]

SO if that story is correct, then what the man did is not negligible...it's major. We can't even say "uff" to our parents so how can we be mean to them in any way?....The slightest expression of dissatisfaction "uff" is not allowed....a direct command from Allah.
I hope you understand the severity of what the man did. The story of the prostitute shows Allah's mercy and generosity even towards sinners. The story of the pious man and his mother (if it is true), shows the importance placed on parents in Islam.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

Allah swt is the Most Just and its not for us to question this ...

waaleikum salam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
I believe you should read the Hadeeth in question, as far as I know the hadith shows the reward of the acts performed by each individual, however does not condemn the man into hell.

aishah_2304m

peace lover
walaikyumasalm wr wb dear sister HappyMuslimah....hope insha Allah u got ur answer!....but i jus wanna say dat i too had da same question lol....thnx 2 u sis!

Shahzad

some times it happens that u do such a small good deed but u have too much "ikhlaas" in ur heart at that time. so ALLAH likes that gives u jannah. Same as for doing a bad deed

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Allah forgave a prostitute of her sins because she gave water to a dying dog
Allah's Apostle said, "A prostitute was forgiven by Allah, because, passing by a panting dog near a well and seeing that the dog was about to die of thirst, she took off her shoe, and tying it with her head-cover she drew out some water for it. So, Allah forgave her because of that." Volume 4, Book 54, Number 538, Narrated Abu Huraira.

The Prophet(s) told his companions of a woman who would be sent to Hell for having locked up a cat; not feeding it, nor even releasing it so that it could feed herself." (Narrated by Abdullah bin 'Omar. Bukhari, 4:337;

The Prophet(s) told his companions of a serf who was blessed by Allah for saving the life of a dog by giving it water to drink and quenching its thirst. (Narrated by Abu Huraira. Muslim, Vol. 4, Hadith No. 2244. Also Bukhari, 3:322. Also Awn (Ref. No. 32); Hadith No. 2533, and others).

The Prophet(s) was asked if acts of charity even to the animals were rewarded by God. He replied: 'yes, there is a reward for acts of charity to every beast alive.' (Narrated by Abu Huraira, Bukhari, 3:322. Also Muslim, Vol. 4; Hadith No. 2244. Also Awn (Ref. No. 32), 7:222, Hadith No. 2533. Also Mishkat al-masabih, Book 6; Chapter 6.

Mishkat Al-Masabih concluded from "Bukhari" and "Muslim" to the effect that: 'A good deed done to a beast is as good as doing good to a human being; while an act of cruelty to a beast is as bad as an act of cruelty to human beings' and that: 'Kindness to animals was promised by rewards in Life Hereafter.' (Mishkat al-Masabih; Book 6; Chapter 7, 8:178.)

This is a type of Mercy Allah had for us, he gave us so many ways and so many reasons for him to forgive our sins, and thats what islam is about. Worship, Respect, Consideration, Ease, and above all having Mercy towards all kinds of creatures to gaine the Mercy of Allah the all merciful.

"Abdullah bin Umro bin Aas, may Allah be pleased with him, reports that the Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said: Those who have mercy will receive the mercy of the Most Merciful. Have mercy on those who are on earth, the One in heavens will have mercy on you." (Tirmidhi ).

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
:salam2:
every story have a meaning , for example , the first story you mentioned , it shows that we have to be mercy for every living thing and the main meaning is that Allah can forgive for every person what ever his sins was , I hope I wrote it right in english

sarah_mann

assalamu aleykum, well the i don know about second story, but in first story when my husband asked one of the muftis in our masjid about this story mufti answered that at that time there could be good practising jews. (in story it mentions that she was jews). Hope it will helps.

Almeftah

assalamu aleykum, well the i don know about second story, but in first story when my husband asked one of the muftis in our masjid about this story mufti answered that at that time there could be good practising jews. (in story it mentions that she was jews). Hope it will helps.

Before islam comes, Some jews and christians were Muwahdin(believers who worshiped Allah alone), those of which Allah may forgive.

(Quran 4:116)Verily! Allâh forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners (in worship) with Him, but He forgives whom He wills sins other than that, and whoever sets up partners in worship with Allâh, has indeed strayed far away. (116)

May Allah forgive us and have mercy on us all...

Musa abu A'isha

Aussie Muslim
The first woman repented to Allaah and performed righteous deeds.
The second person was oppressing his parents, a major sin.

Repent to Allaah O Muslims and gain success, that is the moral for us.

sarah_mann

Before islam comes, Some jews and christians were Muwahdin(believers who worshiped Allah alone), those of which Allah may forgive.

(Quran 4:116)Verily! Allâh forgives not (the sin of) setting up partners (in worship) with Him, but He forgives whom He wills sins other than that, and whoever sets up partners in worship with Allâh, has indeed strayed far away. (116)

May Allah forgive us and have mercy on us all...

Jazakumullahul khayran! ameen.