Iz it Haram 2 wear jeans

Umm_Laith

today i had an argument with my fellow class mate. she kept saying that it is Haram 2 jeans..not skinny jeans..but everything ma oyt of jeans. she says otz because youareimitating te kuffaaar and that jeans is fashion theme for kuffaars.

nw my question is:
1) is wearing jeans Haram
2)if yes doesnt it make sense that all clothes made by kuffaars are haram as most clothes are made by kuffaars if jeans is harraam.
3) she said that there is going to book out in the summer

additonal question:

Is it haram 2 follow fashion and 2 lyk 2 buy certain clothin because they are in fashion

salaams.

Umm laith a.k.a Hafsa Maurice

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I apologize, I'm a bit short on time - but your thread has been moved to this section as it was more appropriate than the one posted in before.

wasalam

Almeftah

just to be on the safe side.. buy jeans that are made in Turkey.. there are of all styles and colors.

Imadulbarq

today i had an argument with my fellow class mate. she kept saying that it is Haram 2 jeans..not skinny jeans..but everything ma oyt of jeans. she says otz because youareimitating te kuffaaar and that jeans is fashion theme for kuffaars.

nw my question is:
1) is wearing jeans Haram
2)if yes doesnt it make sense that all clothes made by kuffaars are haram as most clothes are made by kuffaars if jeans is harraam.
3) she said that there is going to book out in the summer

additonal question:

Is it haram 2 follow fashion and 2 lyk 2 buy certain clothin because they are in fashion

salaams.

Umm laith a.k.a Hafsa Maurice

Assalam alaykum wa rahmatu Allah

my qestion to you is on ladies waring jeans.
is it at all allowed.
i know that you may have answered this question but i'm not to clear on the point of jeans.
also please state the punishment for doing so.
this is very importatnt to me and i would appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him) was asked about the ruling on women wearing jeans. He replied:

“As for women wearing pants or trousers, this is not permitted, even if she is on her own or in front of other women or her husband, except if she is in a closed room with her husband only. Apart from that, it is not permitted because it shows the details of her body and makes her get used to these clothes. So she is not permitted to wear these clothes at all.” (al-Nukhbah min al-Fataawaa al-Nisaa’iyyah, p. 30).

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih ibn ‘Uthaymeen was also asked about the ruling on women wearing any kind of pants or trousers. He (may Allaah preserve him) answered:

“I think that women should not wear trousers at all, even if there is no one with her apart from her husband, because this is imitating men. The ones who wear trousers are men, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed women who imitate men.”
Majmoo’ Fataawaa wa Rasaa’il al-Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, part 12, p. 287

more related posts : islamqa.com/en/cat/56&pp=200