Jamaat Salat

Musalmaan

:salam2:

Hope you are all in the best of health and imaan. I have a question about Salat in Jamaat. When I pray in Jamaat e.g. on Fridays, the only thing I recite behind the Imam is Fatiha. I keep silent in everything else. The basis of this is the following hadith:

Ubadah bin Samit (RA) said: We were behind the Prophet (SAW) in the Fajr prayer and he recited a passage from the Quran but the recitation became difficult for him. Then when he finished he said, 'Did you recite behind your Imam?' We replied, 'Yes, Allahs Messenger (SAW)'. Then Allahs Messenger (SAW) said: 'Do not recite anything (behind the Imam) except Fatihah-tul-Kitab (Surah Fatihah) because he who does not include it in his recitation in his prayer, his Salat is not valid'. (Abu Dawud and Tirmidhi)

I just wanted to confirm that I am on the right track.

Also a closely connected question is about praying in the Mosque. Now as far as I know that if you can hear the call to prayer i.e. Adhan then it is compulsory for you to answer. Ofcourse living in the UK I never hear the call to prayer. My local Mosque is quite far away from me anyway. The only Mosques at walking distance are Barelvi and Sufi Mosques who are likely to do bidah. So I was wondering if its ok for me to be praying at home. Ofcourse on Fridays I pray in Congregation. Thankyou.

:wasalam:

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I would also like to know the answer to the question. I read that we recite everything behind the imam except the Surah after al-Faitha?? For example, saying Allahu Akbar, SamiAllah Hulliman Hamida... etc.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, sister.

We recite Allah Akbar, we recite, SamiAllah Hulliman Hamida.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
i don't know if it's haram to pray with sufis. i do know that their interpretation of islam is not orthodox, but i'm unsure if praying with them is haram. what this question does make me think of is this: during hajj aren't all types of muslims there performing it? Does praying with these people of various sects, invalidate my hajj? do we have the right to determine sufis or shias as non-muslims even though they have said LA ILAHA ILLA LAH?

Musalmaan

To be honest I wasn't calling Sufi's and/or Barelvis Non-Muslims. What I did say is that they are know to do bidah. And should you really pray behind such an Imam? I don't think you should but as yet have not been able to find any concrete proof.

We recite Allah Akbar, we recite, SamiAllah Hulliman Hamida.

And how do you know that?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

Hope you are all in the best of health and imaan. I have a question about Salat in Jamaat. When I pray in Jamaat e.g. on Fridays, the only thing I recite behind the Imam is Fatiha. I keep silent in everything else.

I would also like to know the answer to the question. I read that we recite everything behind the imam except the Surah after al-Faitha?? For example, saying Allahu Akbar, SamiAllah Hulliman Hamida... etc.

:wasalam:,

1. behind imam, we have to recite Allahu Akbar, rabbana walakal hamd, subhana rabbiyal ala, subhana rabbiyal azeem, tashahhud, durood, duas after durood, salaam.

2. when scholars say dont recite anything behind imam, it means during qiyam (while standing). during qiyam, what many scholars (ie shafi, salafis) have allowed is only surah faitha.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

During hajj it is the Shia that have their own set of dua etc. The others follow the Sunna.