Jewish friend

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
:salam2: brothers and sisters,

I have a question about having a jewish friend. I don't want to sound as a racist or anything, I just got to know her through some muslim friends of mine in chemistry class, also her sister. The thing is we talk a lot and laugh as well, but each time I see her computer screen that shows the flag of Israel, I start to think whether it's right or wrong of me to know her, and somehow I end up feeling guilty. Feeling guilty because my muslim brothers and sisters are being killed everyday by her countrymen. I know it's wrong of me to put her on the same side of them, I hope she's not like them, and I really do not want to upset anyone here on tti. Especially if they used to be jewish. Please if I have any misconceptions, clear them out for me.

I can't quit remember which profet it was, who had a christian and a jewish friend, and they all got seperated when it was prayer time. If anyone remembers which profet it was, I would defenitly like to know.

Jazakoum allah kheiran brothers and sisters.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

You should do your best to help her to understand Islam. Put politics aside, and do what you can to make her know what is Islam, who are Muslims.

Dont make the mistake that some "ignorant" Muslims do, by being overzealous and emotional and simply talking about Palestine and Israel.

Of course, we are against the war crimes and many evil state-terrorism committed against the Palestinians, and other neighbouring states. We do not accept that the Jews can forcefully take the lands of innocent people and build on it!

However, when we deal with people, we must know that each person is different. We should do things "Case by case".

There should be a wisdom with dealing with people. Perhaps, she is unaware of these matters. Most Jews have a "sympathy" for "Israel", and many are told a one-sided view point on it. They are told that all Palestinians want them dead and are terrorists and that they will be destroyed if they did not act hard on them etc, or that people never accepted them and that they have always been treated badly, so they are given a re-inforced "victim" mentality. -Therefore, they think they are entitled to "Israel" due to

1. It supposedly being theirs simply because they are Jewish. (whilst those who live there have done so for millenia and are themselves semitic - Muslims. Also, the Prophets in the past were Prophets of Islam!).

2. Because they are always treated badly. Which is nonsense tactic of exaggeration by those pushing the Zionist cause.

Anyway, take this opportunity to try to be the best Muslim she will ever meet. Be kind to her and try and explain Tawheed, and the love Muslims have for all the Prophets. What was the call of the Prophets? This is how every Muslim should be.

Try to avoid talking about the political issues, Allah commanded us to call people to Worshipping Him Alone, submitting to Him and obeying His Prophet Muhammad :saw: