Jinn and the forms taken

Ladybug3478

Hello,

I read something on the site about Jinn but, I wanted to verify what else is written about identifying the Jinn.

For example...how far do Jinn go to mislead. How can they come in a way that seems right but, actually be evil?

Thanks

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I thought jinn were always invisible so you can't see them. Hmm, I suppose they'd mislead by putting doubts in your mind and heart.

I'm sorry, I don't reallly know the full proper answer. Some one more knowledgeable than me will provide, inshallah.

Nurain

Brief introduction of the jinn

"The Jinns were created from the fire of a scorching wind." (Surah Al-Hijr 15:27)

Contrary to popular belief, they are NOT fallen angels, as angels are made from light according to the following statement of Prophet Muhammad salallahu 'alayhi wasallam narrated by his wife 'Aa'eeshah:

"The angels were created from the light and the Jinn from a fiery wind." (Sahih Muslim, vol 4, p 1540, no 7134)

In addition, angels cannot disobey God according to Allaah's statement in the Qur'an, "... angels stern and severe, who do not disobey Allaah in what He orders them, but do whatever they are commanded." (Surah at-Tahreem 66:6)

Mankind should realise that Allaah sent Prophet Muhammad salallahu 'alayhi wasallam to both worlds; the world of man and the world of the Jinn.

The jinn was described by the prophets as independant, living, intelligent beings possessing a will and subject to commands and prohibitions, and not as aspects of human nature as claimed by some atheists who deny their existence.

The devils among the Jinn are those who choose disbelief, idolatry and disobedience of their Lord. Iblees (the name of Satan mentioned in many places in the Qur'an: 2:34. 7:11, 15:31, 15:32, 17:61, 18:50, 20:116, 26:95, 34:20 and 38:74, 38:75) and his army of devils desire evil, take pleasure in it and eagerly seek it due to the corruption of their souls. They will continued to do so even though they know that it will result in their being punished along with those whom they entice. Allaah quotes Iblees as saying the following with regard to man,

"By Your power I will seduce all of them except Your purified servants." (Surah Saad 38:82-83)

"He said: 'Do you see this one whom You have honored over me! If you give respite until the Day of Resurrection, I will surely bring all of his descendants under my sway except a few." (Surah al-Israa 17:62)

Allaah confirmed that Satan would achieve success:
"Iblees proved his idea to be true on them and they all followed him except a group of the Believers." (Surah as-Saba 34:20)

If a man's soul goes bad, his nature will then desire what is harmful and he will take pleasure in corruption and love it dearly. As a result, the character, health and wealth of such a man will also become corrupted and destroyed.

Satan is himself vile, so if one seeks to gain his favour through the things which he loves, like incantations, oaths, books on spiritualism and magic, disbelief and idolatry, etc, he will fulfill some of the person's desires (in order that the man may continue to do such acts of disbelieves and encourage others to join him in his success).

There are among them a multitude of sects: Muslims, disbelievers, those who follow the Sunnah and heretics who innovate.

"Verily among us are the righteous and others contrary. We followed many divergent paths." (Surah al-Jinn 72:11)

Seeking refuge in Allaah from Satan

"Do not say: May Satan be degraded. For surely he will grow until he becomes the size of a house and he will say "By my power I will possess him". Say instead: "Bismillaah" (in the name of Allaah). If you do that, he will shrink until he becomes the size of a fly." - Ahmad and others and declared authentic by al-Albaanee (Saheeh al-Jaami', vol 6 p 169)

"If Satan touches you, seek refuge in Allaah, for verily He is the Hearer and Knower." (Surah Fussilat 41:36)

"Say: My Lord, I seek refuge in You from the prodding of Satan and I seek refuge in You my Lord from their presence." (Surah Al-Mu'minoon 23:97)

"Verily, I know some words, if he said them, his anger would subside. He should say: A'oodhu billahi minash-Shaytaanir-Rajeem" (I seek refuge in Allaah from the accursed Satan." - (Sahih Muslim, vol 4 p 1377 no 6317)

The two creations of Allaah which will be judged are mankind and jinn. The jinn are like us in aspects of believers and disbelievers, and the latter being whom we call Satan. They will lead us astray at all expense for they have been given permissibility by Allaah to do so, until the day of Resurrection (except those who sincerely believe). And there are stories of those who are possessed, feeling inclined towards other religion for the satan who has possessed cause it to be so. But of course, none would be so without the leave of Allaah the most High and Mighty, there is no Might and Power except His LAA HAWLA WALAA QUATA ILLAH BILLAH.

Hope this helps. Do ask more

Salam