JINX

Storm

SiStEr
Im a little confused and to top it of, I dont know how to explain it.

I'll use the word jinx because I cant think of anything else. People have said its true and it does happen, that there are some people who can 'jinx' others.
Now I dont believe in it and I think its horrible to think that you can't tell your friend a piece of good news because you're scared that she might jinx you.

It says in Surah Falaq:
"....And from the evil of the envier when he envieth."

After reading this, Im completely confused and dont know what to make of it.

Help!!

Noor_Al-Ain

SolideresS Of Allah
Hmmm...? I'm not exactly sure about "Jinx" but heard that it does happen...
I know for a fact that Black Magic is certainly true as there is something about it in Al-Qur'an ((will post something about this later after researching upon the matter)) and supposedly, was practised upon the Prophet (SAW).

Read the 4 "Quls" - Surah Kafiroon, Ikhlaas, Falakh & Anaas after Fajr & Isha Salah - These protect against black magic and the apparant "Evil Eye".

:salam2:

nori suja'i

masyaaAllah,
is 'jinx' means black magic?
just to let u know, my best friend ever told me that she dreamt that an old lady gave her a warning.
i did told her if we dream of old lady means somebody is going to do something bad on us. (refer to Surah Al-Falaq). she claimed she did passed remark to someone related to her before as he's not responsible towards his children (but we cannot excuse anybody anyhow - its sin if we're wrong).
when she got sourthroat i didnt take it seriously. i just told her i used to lost my voice as i ate too much mutton during aidl-adha. but on her case it was fatal, she died after several months.
few months after that i watched M'sian TV about an emam showing how to cure someone from black magic. the emam did able to bring out the half of razor blade from the victim's mouth. how the victim got that half of the razor blade stucked in his throat, he himself didnt know
accept painful. i was really shocked and feel sad for what my friend had experienced.

may Allah bless my friend and forgive her sins and avoid us all from any kind of evil doer, Ameen.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

sister...the evil eye is true...and people can be harmed by it..that's why we're supposed to recite the morning and evening athkar everyday...as to keep ourselves under the guardianship of Allah (swt) from such things...

as for telling others about news or projects...etc.

there's a hadeeth...I don't know if you can read arabic but here it is...

[ استعينوا على إنجاح الحوائج بالكتمان ، فإن كل ذي نعمة محسود ] وهو ( صحيح ) أخرجة الشيخ الألباني في السلسلة الصحيحة 3 في باب الأدب والإستئذان والصلة رقم الحديث 1453
الصفحة 436

it means (and this is my humble translation..please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Help yourselves in the success of matters through secretiveness. For every one of blessing (who possesses it) is envied

I hope I didn't butcher the translation :shymuslima1:...I am not good with that..and I hope that you got the idea out of it sister...

:wasalam:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

sister...the evil eye is true...and people can be harmed by it..that's why we're supposed to recite the morning and evening athkar everyday...as to keep ourselves under the guardianship of Allah (swt) from such things...

as for telling others about news or projects...etc.

there's a hadeeth...I don't know if you can read arabic but here it is...

[ استعينوا على إنجاح الحوائج بالكتمان ، فإن كل ذي نعمة محسود ] وهو ( صحيح ) أخرجة الشيخ الألباني في السلسلة الصحيحة 3 في باب الأدب والإستئذان والصلة رقم الحديث 1453
الصفحة 436

it means (and this is my humble translation..please correct me if I'm wrong)...

Help yourselves in the success of matters through secretiveness. For every one of blessing (who possesses it) is envied

I hope I didn't butcher the translation :shymuslima1:...I am not good with that..and I hope that you got the idea out of it sister...

Salam

Jazak Allah Khair!

Jinx is another way of saying the "evil eye" This is why you also need to say mashallah behind what you say for protection. For instance saying sister you recite Quran well following that you say Mashallah. Say mashallah for anything you find beauty in it.

Also for protection for the evil eye at night prior to going to bed you read Surah Al-Iklas, Al-Falaq and Al-Anas 3 times each. Because everyone does not say Mashallah when they give compliments to you, etc...

Salam Sister Amirah80

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Salam

Jazak Allah Khair!

Jinx is another way of saying the "evil eye" This is why you also need to say mashallah behind what you say for protection. For instance saying sister you recite Quran well following that you say Mashallah. Say mashallah for anything you find beauty in it.

Also for protection for the evil eye at night prior to going to bed you read Surah Al-Iklas, Al-Falaq and Al-Anas 3 times each. Because everyone does not say Mashallah when they give compliments to you, etc...

Salam Sister Amirah80

I am aware of the meaning of *jinx* sister...as of that of *mashallah*...for us muslims the *mashallah* deal is easy...it's something that most of us say without realizing even because we're so used to it...but assuming you are around non-muslims...or muslims who do not say *mashallah* then that's when the athkar come into play...and reciting the suras you named in the manner you mentioned is part of the athkar I mentioned earlier sister...but it's best that we recite them between asr and maghreb..preferably at a time closer to marghreb prayer for the evening ones...and at a time close to fajr prayer for the morning ones...

jazaki allah khair for elaborating on my reply :hijabi:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

I am aware of the meaning of *jinx* sister...as of that of *mashallah*...for us muslims the *mashallah* deal is easy...it's something that most of us say without realizing even because we're so used to it...but assuming you are around non-muslims...or muslims who do not say *mashallah* then that's when the athkar come into play...and reciting the suras you named in the manner you mentioned is part of the athkar I mentioned earlier sister...but it's best that we recite them between asr and maghreb..preferably at a time closer to marghreb prayer for the evening ones...and at a time close to fajr prayer for the morning ones...

jazaki allah khair for elaborating on my reply :hijabi:

:girl3:Sister I think you got the wrong idea and that is ok I will explain. I was not implying you do not know what Jinx is. The only think that was specially for you was Jazak Allah Khair for posting your post with all of the insightful information. The rest of my post was for the thread starter. But in any event sister Jazak Allah khair for this post with the times best to read the surahs.:hearts:

Salam Amirah80

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:girl3:Sister I think you got the wrong idea and that is ok I will explain. I was not implying you do not know what Jinx is. The only think that was specially for you was Jazak Allah Khair for posting your post with all of the insightful information. The rest of my post was for the thread starter. But in any event sister Jazak Allah khair for this post with the times best to read the surahs.:hearts:

Salam Amirah80

:shymuslima1:

my apologies sister...I am browsing the site with many threads in mind and all these others things...so I am sort of preoccupied...I do apologize again...I got a bit excited I guess...hehe

and I'm glad I gave you information that is of benefit...that makes me very happy sister!

Baraka Allaho Feeki!

Storm

SiStEr
Ive noticed that one of my very close friends (who is a muslim) and Ive felt this, can jinx stuff..... gosh that sounds weird.

But does it mean that if I want to tell her something I shouldn't?

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Personally, I've always been told that in Islam, the word "jinx" has no meaning. It's either evil eye or something to that effect, but I've always been told not to use the word "jinx" because it implies something more to the effect of the western meaning of "cursing" something. Although it's similar, I've always been told not to use the term as it implies something else in the Western sense and the meaning of it is not understood by a good number of the world's Muslims.