Jump

Umm Rayaan

I wanted to share this with you. I read it in an email group.
It was really beautifully written and im sure alot of us have gone through this.

Sometimes i think when it comes to religion we think and analyze things far too much. Not that thinking and analyzing is bad but sometimes they can make things worse instead of better. I think that sometimes we just have to go with our gut and just take a deep breath and just do it before the moment passes us by. It's like jumping out of a plane(not literally). You're standing there at the door and the wind is smacking you in the face. You look down and see how far the ground below is from you :shock: and you start to freak out and second guess :? what you are about to do. Although it's something that you have wanted to do for sooo long and now that you have the chance you can but you're scared :cry: . The man on the plane keeps telling you that you have to jump soon otherwise you'll miss your chance. So you take a deep breath and look out into the sky in front of and say, "Oh God please catch me," and without another thought you jump! You're in the air and there is nothing to hold on to as you are falling from the sky. :shock: You probably scream :shock: everything out of your body and then suddenly your parachute opens up and slows you down and you start to get used to being so far up . You slowly descend to the ground and land nice and smoothly. You scream one more time as you place your feet on the ground but this time you scream out of excitement. You have never experienced such adrenaline and so many emotions in such a short period of time. You don't regret jumping instead you are willing to do it all over again.

Well that's the same process that you go through in Islam. Right now you are at the edge of the plane(Islam). and you have just looked down at the ground(all your fears) and are starting to second guess yourself. The man(Muslims) on the plane tells you that you have to jump(you have to say your shahada) otherwise your chance will pass(you'll die without ever saying it). You have to decide what you want to do. You can either back away from the edge and let the pilot take you back down to where you started at. Or you can decide to just look out in to the sky(not think of your fears) and say Oh God please catch me(depend on Allah to take care of you and guide you). If you decide to jump you will undoubtedly scream of fear from what you are going through(you will undoubtedly be scared and fear things and be confused about your decision). There is nothing in the sky to hold on to as you fly through the air(after you convert you feel like your safety net is gone and youmay feel alone for a bit), but then your parachute opens(then Allah makes it easier for you) and you slow down and start to get used to be so far up(and you start to take things one step at a time as everything finally starts to sink into your life and heart and you begin to adjust to all the changes and the fear disappears). You slowly descend to the ground and land nice and smoothly(you start to mature as a Muslimah and grow in Islam). You scream one more time as you place your feet on the ground but this time you scream out of excitement. You have never experienced such adrenaline and so many emotions in such a short period of time. You don't regret jumping instead you are willing to do it all over again.(after all the crazy emotions have been surpressed you will feel happy with your decision. No you will feel joyful and excited about your decision and will even feel like you would go back and do it all over again because it was all worth the way you feel now as a Muslimah).

amina88

I live & die 4 Allah
goose bumps, goose bumps, goose bumps

That was nice...the thought of falling off the plane and flying through the clouds and the sky

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
alhamdulilah i dont have to 'jump' to enter ISlam, but..sometimes i have to jump for other things

thnx for sharing

Joanna-Aisha

MashaAllah! Taht is what I was thinking about! It got to the point!It describes my feelings, and I know that many Muslimahs' feeling too:)Take care!Salam alykoum