Jumuah Prayer in school

-Marwan-

:salam2:

We are allowed to pray the jumuah prayer in school and the boys from our school (some of them) attend jumuah prayer, we pray behind a imam and we have a khutba etc but my question is, is the prayer valid or not? because a friend told me that it is invalid because it is not public by public he means if someone came to our school and asked the headteacher to pray jumuah they would say no so the prayer would be invalid because it is not a public place? but if you went to a mosque they would let you in

:wasalam:

strive-may-i

I know many schools nearby to mosque, and students go to mosque for friday noon prayers (Jumuah), because a larger congregation, the rewards of praying in mosque, and to reduce mischief (last one is based on the country you are from).

Some Questions:
In which country is this school?
Is there a mosque nearby? How much time it would take to go to mosque and join a bigger Jumaah congregation?
If only the Jumaah is only for the benefit of school students, then surely, the decision to conduct Jumaah, must have come from elders of community, have you asked their opinion in this matter?

Hope these help you to arrive at the answers.

helpinghumanity

We are allowed to pray the jumuah prayer in school and the boys from our school (some of them) attend jumuah prayer, we pray behind a imam and we have a khutba etc but my question is, is the prayer valid or not? because a friend told me that it is invalid because it is not public by public he means if someone came to our school and asked the headteacher to pray jumuah they would say no so the prayer would be invalid because it is not a public place? but if you went to a mosque they would let you in

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

Some background information as mentioned by brother strive-may-i will be useful.

The Jumma is valid. The point raised by your friend is baseless. However is it a preferable place to pray? I can't say anything as the question is missing information.

-Marwan-

I know many schools nearby to mosque, and students go to mosque for friday noon prayers (Jumuah), because a larger congregation, the rewards of praying in mosque, and to reduce mischief (last one is based on the country you are from).

Some Questions:
In which country is this school?
Is there a mosque nearby? How much time it would take to go to mosque and join a bigger Jumaah congregation?
If only the Jumaah is only for the benefit of school students, then surely, the decision to conduct Jumaah, must have come from elders of community, have you asked their opinion in this matter?

Hope these help you to arrive at the answers.

The school is in the UK England which makes it hard to leave school because we are not allowed too unless i wanted to skip school every friday which could get me into trouble

there is mosque about 15-20mins from school but we are not allowed to leave school at all like i said before

yes it was one of the math teachers that allowed this to happen so we can not miss our jumuah but then some of my friends started saying that the prayer will be not valid since it is not a public place like a mosque

-Marwan-

Wa-alaikumus salam wa rahmatullah,

Some background information as mentioned by brother strive-may-i will be useful.

The Jumma is valid. The point raised by your friend is baseless. However is it a preferable place to pray? I can't say anything as the question is missing information.

We pray in the sports hall/gym hall which is clean about 95% of the time and it is a big large place for people to pray in

AbuIbrahiim

Dear brother,
In the times we are in today everyone is saying this is Halaal or Haraam without proper knowledge whatsoever.Alhamdulilah, we have the Quran and Sunnah. Our prophet is not alive today but we have the people who inherited his knowledge and those are the scholars.Coming back to your question, you have a valid reason for not attending the khutbah at the masjid, therefore its acceptable to form friday khutbah with all muslim students who are attending the school.In this kind of situation we look at what is maslaha(which means doing the next best option) and this is something that the scholars agreed upon. Please keep in mind we are in the time of fitan(trial) so any question that we have we need to ask the scholars inshaaALLAH.

P.S. If you need more info please ask the Imaam at your masjid inshaaALLAH.

JAK,
AbuIbrahiim

-Marwan-

Dear brother,
In the times we are in today everyone is saying this is Halaal or Haraam without proper knowledge whatsoever.Alhamdulilah, we have the Quran and Sunnah. Our prophet is not alive today but we have the people who inherited his knowledge and those are the scholars.Coming back to your question, you have a valid reason for not attending the khutbah at the masjid, therefore its acceptable to form friday khutbah with all muslim students who are attending the school.In this kind of situation we look at what is maslaha(which means doing the next best option) and this is something that the scholars agreed upon. Please keep in mind we are in the time of fitan(trial) so any question that we have we need to ask the scholars inshaaALLAH.

P.S. If you need more info please ask the Imaam at your masjid inshaaALLAH.

JAK,
AbuIbrahiim

Jazakallah khairan!