Just curious...

Yousuf.

:salam2:
I have a qn.

mai yahdihi Alahu fala modila lah wa man yudlel fala hadiya la

"Whom so ever ALLAH guides, there is non to guide. Whom so ever ALLAH misguides, there is non to guide"

wa sharu alo’omori mohdathatuha wa kula muhdathaen bida’a wa kula bida’atin dalala wa kula dalalatin fi alnar (??? is it right? i cant speak Arabic)

"Every newly invented matter is Bidaa and every Bidaa is a misguidance and every misguidance leads to the hell fire."

The qn is, i noticed that these two phrases is always being used as an introduction in lectures or forums by the speaker. I wonder if these two is from an ayaat in the Qur'an or is it the Prophet's (sallahu alai hi wassalam) tradition?

Thank you.... :)

Almeftah

السلام عليكم

Shaikh Ibn Uthaimin mentioned that Prophet Muhammed SAW used to say this same intruduction (Or similar) on Friday's lecture (Khutba).

shichemlydia

help.....

salam alikoum
the first one resemble an aya repeated many times in the quran, see suat el kahf for example.
the second one is not an aya, allah knows the best, but i think these are the sentences that were used by prophet mohamed pbuoh when opening a lecture or khutba.
wa salam alikoum

Yousuf.

:salam2:
thanks brothers for the replies...

firstly, if it is a tradition of our Prophet (sallahu alai hi wasallam), i mean is it authentic?

secondly, brother shichemlydia, i think ure referring to this verse 17 in Surah AL-Kahf, "...Such are among the Signs of Allah: he whom Allah guides; but he whom Allah leaves to stray for him wilt thou find no protector to lead him to the Right Way."

:jazaak:

Almeftah

Yes it is authentic..

Bid'ah - Innovation in Islam
Wa sharrul Umoori Muhdathaatuhaa, Wa kulla Bid'atin dhaialah, wa kulla dhalatin fin-naar" Al-Hadith (Sahih Muslim). Translation of the above Hadith: Every innovation is a misguidance and every misguidance goes to Hell fire.

IMAM SHAFI'S EXPLANATION OF THE ABOVE HADITH:
Kullu bida'tin daiala: "Every innovation is a misguidance"? Doesn't the term "every" include all innovations?" Such an objection stems from the misinterpretation of the term kull ("every") in the Hadith to be all encompassing without exception, whereas in Arabic it may mean "Nearly all" or "the vast majority." This is how al-Shafi'i understood it or else he would have never allowed for any innovation whatsoever to be considered good, and he is considered a hujja or "Proof," that is, reference without peer for questions regarding the Arabic language.

source: http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Articles/English/BID'AH - Innovation in Islam.htm