Just curious!

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
assalaamu alaykkum wa rahmathullahi wa barakaatuhu..

i hope my dear brothers and respected sisters are in the best of their health and imaan.

after six months at sea (*whew*) i have finally returned to my family. subhan Allah. a nice experience in all.:ma:

coming to the topic, the other day i observed one of my aunt, when mentioning prophet 's (may peace be upon him) name, she said the King (PBUH) (loosely translated. the word in my language could also mean the leader etc)..

it is out of profound respect for him (pbuh), i guess. in fact in my area, i hardly hear anyone mentioning 'Mohammed (pbuh)'. instead they opt to say "prophet" or "messenger" etc.

but i was attracted by the word King (pbuh).:SMILY252:

so do you call rasool Allah (pbuh) by any such interesting names when u happen to mention him?

salaam

dunno

well calling him the messanger of God or asoallah or al-nabi or habib allah muhammad
i just think it's much better calling him that since being a prophet is MUCH more honorable then being a king ^^

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
ibn taymiyya elaborates on this term in his very beneficial book 'the criterian between the friends of Allaah and the friends of shaytaan' ... read th eone published by daarussunnah publishers as that one is better in its layout/context etc...

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

It is best to refer to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as "The Prophet," "The Messenger of Allah," or "The Servant of Allah," peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

As for the title, "King," this is not appropriate because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) accepted to be the servant of Allah and refused Kingship in this world. This is mentioned in the following account:

It was reported in the Two Sahihs [i.e. Bukhari and Muslim ahadith] that when the Messenger of Allah was given the choice between being a servant and a Messenger -- who does what he is commanded to do and distributes things among the people as Allah commands him to do -- or being a Prophet and a king, who can give to whomever he wishes and withhold from whomever he wishes without being held accountable for anything, he chose the former. He consulted with Jibril, peace be upon him, who said, "Be humble.'' So he chose the former because it has a greater value before Allah and brings a higher status in the Hereafter, even though the second option, prophethood combined with kingship, is also a great thing both in this world and in the Hereafter, when Allah tells us what He gave to Sulayman, peace be upon him, in this world.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

It is best to refer to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as "The Prophet," "The Messenger of Allah," or "The Servant of Allah," peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

As for the title, "King," this is not appropriate because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) accepted to be the servant of Allah and refused Kingship in this world. This is mentioned in the following account:

It was reported in the Two Sahihs [i.e. Bukhari and Muslim ahadith] that when the Messenger of Allah was given the choice between being a servant and a Messenger -- who does what he is commanded to do and distributes things among the people as Allah commands him to do -- or being a Prophet and a king, who can give to whomever he wishes and withhold from whomever he wishes without being held accountable for anything, he chose the former. He consulted with Jibril, peace be upon him, who said, "Be humble.'' So he chose the former because it has a greater value before Allah and brings a higher status in the Hereafter, even though the second option, prophethood combined with kingship, is also a great thing both in this world and in the Hereafter, when Allah tells us what He gave to Sulayman, peace be upon him, in this world.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

jazak Allahu khyir for correcting me brother. in sha Allah i'll try to correct those who refer nabi (pbuh) as king.

but as i have mentioned earlier the word may also mean 'leader' or 'important man' or 'respected person' etc. but it cant serve as an alternative for what Allah, Himself, has prescribed us to call our beloved prophet(pbuh). I Agree. as i mentioned in the topic, i was just curious. :)

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
ibn taymiyya elaborates on this term in his very beneficial book 'the criterian between the friends of Allaah and the friends of shaytaan' ... read th eone published by daarussunnah publishers as that one is better in its layout/context etc...

brother,

can you kindly guide me where to download the book?