Just looking

shaya

I have been confused about religion for a long time. I KNOW that God exists but the rest is fuzzy. I DO NOT think Jesus was God.
I think I am catholic but not sure. I am looking for a place to start.
I guess this is as good of a place than many!

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
If you don't think Jesus was God you're already at odds with Catholic doctrine (AFAIK).

This makes you either

A: Jewish

Or

B: Muslim

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
Hi! I wasn't born a muslim. I became convinced that Jesus (peace be upon him) wasn't the Almighty myself. Well, I'm not Jewish, so that only left me one place to search for God! You've started at the right place. Believe me, many times many of the people on this forum are converts. Any questions you have, please ask them. But I gotta warn you...you'll probably get so many answers that it will make your head swim.

My advice would be to read a translation of the Qu'aran first. So very much of it is aimed directly at christians and jews; it will really amaze you! But it does not read like the bible. It is not chronological. Instead, verses were revealed as needed in response to things that were happening at the specific time. But if you have some knowledge of the bible, the Qu'aran fills in all the blanks, and corrects the contradictions there that have troubled you.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Hi Shaya

You believe in God ... this is 90% of your journey to the truth done.

If you believe in God then you believe in the 1 God. Right ?

God is all knowing, all able, above all and sustains all ... therefore there can not be multiple Gods by the very definition of the word.

You believe in God, so your life cannot be in vain because God -the all wise- cannot create things in vain ... your life MUST have a purpose. The one who created you for a purpose would not leave you to spend life in vain.

You will not find any other religion with a clear picture of the one God (Allah). Islam is the only religion that will fit with this belief. Monotheism is the core of believing in God.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Let me welcome you to our family. Each journey is individual. Please feel free to question us..this only increases our faith..and when we do not know we go to the scholars. We behave like brothers and sisters and argue...but we are a loving family sharing our thoughts to increase our individual and collective belief.

Hi Shaya,

Welcome to the global family. Inshallah (God willing) you find Islam not just as a "religion" but as a complete way of life.

In my humble opinion I think one of the best gifts from God is free will. Individuals can make their own choices. You have the choice to wake up in the mornings or you can rest asleep and never wake up. Every morning when you open your eyes it's a sign of hope. You have hope to see the day. You have hope to see the sun. You have hope to see your family. You have hope to find the truth. Seek the truth my friend. No one plans to fail but many fail to plan to seek the truth or their purpose in life.

Please search and read the threads. Do not hesitate to ask ANY questions you might have. Inshallah you will find T2I beneficial and resourceful.

Isa (or Jesus) peace be upone him was a messenger of Allah swt (or God) just like Moses, Isaac, David, Abraham, Mohammad and many others, peace be upon them all - who all carried the same message to the people of their time. There is none to be worshipped but God alone. This simplicity has blossomed many reverts.

"There is no compulsion in Islam" (2:256)