legends of Islam

shmed

:salam2:

how many legends of Al Islam can you name?

let me start..

Omar AlMukhtar (Lion of the desert)

you?

Globalpeace

Banned
Khairud-Deen Barbarosa (RA)

Asslamo Allaikum,

Khairud-Deen Barbarosa (RA) = Greatest Naval Admiral (as recognised by American & Royal (British) Navy); Brilliant, Brilliant tactician!

His tactics are still taught today in most Naval schools of the world, 500 years later.

Cheap German imitation = Opertaion Barbarossa by Hitler to capture Russia

Cheap Hollywood imitation = Pirates of the Carribean

P.S: When you are at sea in France, Italy, Spain, Greece & Turkey; spare a thought for the mightest Admiral that ever lived!

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
:salam2:

The story of Seemack goes something like this. One day the Prophet :saw: was in the masjid and he had a sword and said "who will use this sword to kill the kafrs" (I'm paraphrasing and translating of course Muhammad:saw2: did not speak english). Many people came to Muhammad :saw: asking to have the honor to use the sword but none were granted it. Then a man with a red turban (Seemack) came and told Al Nabi:saw: that he should be the one to use it. The Prophet :saw: let Seemack weild it and Seemack struck the kafrs so hard with the sword that the sword actually bent significantly from the force of the swings and the hard impact on the kafrs. I'm not sure what ghazawat that was :inshallah: I will come back with more knowledge after I talk to my Imam at Salat Al Jumaa.

KhalidalAsadullah

Al Mujahid
Not many people know about Seemack. Its actually a very old arabian name and my friend from saudiya was telling me his friend back home was named Seemack and he hated his name and wanted to change it until his father told him the story of Seemack. Seemack also went by Abu Dajana.

Globalpeace

Banned
Abu Dujana Sammak ibn Kharsha (RA)

Asslamo Allaikum,

Akhi, You got my blood going...Now I know who you are talking about...

YOU WIN! Hands Down! Masha'Allah.

For the real man: Read below
For cheap Hollywood imitation: Watch Rambo 3 (with the red band)

ABU DUJANA: WEARING THE BAND OF BRAVERYby Sumera Parekh
Source: http://www.youngmuslims.ca/articles/display.asp?ID=20

Amongst the companions of the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) were some of the most courageous men. They fought along his (pbuh) side in times of battle and devoted their lives to the obedience of Allah’s Messenger (pbuh) and the spread of Islam. One of the most formidable of those companions was Abu Dujana Sammak ibn Kharsha, a member of the Ansar (helpers, Muslims of Madinah) who accepted Islam early on in the Prophet’s (pbuh) mission. He was known for his piety and strength and bravery in jihad (physical struggle in the cause of Allah Most High). He wore a red band around his head which was known as “the turban of death.” Whenever he put it on, winding it around his helmet, everybody knew that great harm would be inflicted upon the enemy and that he was determined to fight to the death.

During the battle of Uhud, the most significant battle after the victory of Badr, the Prophet (pbuh) urged his companions to fight with determination. He began engendering the spirit of boldness and bravery within them. To maintain their zeal in the fight, he (pbuh) took out his sword and asked the sahabah (companions of the Prophet, pbuh), “Who will take this sword, together with its right?” At this, many sahabah set out to take it, including Az-Zubair ibn Al-Awwam, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattab, ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib and Abu Dujana Sammak ibn Kharsha. Abu Dujana inquired, “O Messenger of Allah, what is its price?” The Prophet (pbuh) said, “It is to strike the enemy’s faces with it until it is bent.” Abu Dujana then said, “O Messenger of Allah, I will take it for that price,” and he was given the sword. As soon as Abu Dujana took the Prophet’s (pbuh) sword, he banded his head with his red band and started strutting around proudly among the fighters. Upon seeing this, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “This is a sort of gait that Allah detests except in such a situation [jihad].”

In the battle of Uhud, several sahabah displayed acts of courage and bravery. Among them was Abu Dujana, recognized by the red band worn around his head. He proved his bravery and his word, killing all the idolaters that stood in his way. He was determined to pay the sword’s price at all costs. Az-Zubair ibn Al-’Awwam, who had been observing him, said, “I felt angry and discouraged when the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) refused to give me the sword and instead gave it to Abu Dujana. I said to myself, ‘I am his paternal cousin. I am the cousin of his aunt Safiya. Also, I am from his tribe [Quraish]. I was the first who demanded it and yet he (pbuh) favored him to me. By Allah, I will watch how he will use it.’ So, I followed Abu Dujana and saw him take out his red band and wear it around his head. Seeing him like that, the Ansar said, ‘Abu Dujana has worn the red band of death.’ Then Abu Dujana started saying loudly ‘I am the one whom my intimate friend [the Prophet (pbuh)] made a covenant with when we were under the palm-trees on the mountainside. The covenant was that I would not fight at the rear, but fight at the front heroically with the sword of Allah and His Messenger (pbuh).’”

During this battle, Az-Zubair ibn Al- Awwam and the other mujahideen witnessed that no one stood in the way of Abu Dujana and remained alive. There was a man among the idolaters whose only objective was to finish off the wounded Muslims. During the fight, Abu Dujana drew near him. Observing them, Zubair ibn Al Awwam beseeched Allah that they might engage in combat. They exchanged two sword-strokes; the idolater swung at Abu Dujana, but he dodged the sword and it pierced into his [Abu Dujana’s] leather shield and got stuck. Then, Abu Dujana lunged at the kafir (non-Muslim) with his sword and killed him. Abu Dujana next rushed to kill a person who was inciting the enemies to fight the Muslims and urging them to mutilate their dead bodies and cut off their ears and noses. When Abu Dujana drew near, however, he realized that the offender was actually a woman. Abu Dujana spared her, saying, “I respect the Prophet’s (pbuh) sword too much to use it on a woman.” The woman was Hind bint ‘Utbah, the wife of Abu Sufyan who was leading the Quraish army against the Muslims and who later accepted Islam.

Describing the same incident, Az-Zubair ibn Al-‘Awwam said, “I saw Abu Dujana raising a sword over the parting of Hind bint ‘Utbah’s hair, but then he moved it away. I said to myself, ‘Allah and His Messenger (pbuh) know best.’” [i.e. why he acted that way and didn’t kill her]. This alone shows that even though Abu Dujana felt enough hatred to kill one of the most evil women of that battle, he overcame his anger for the sake of Allah and His messenger (pbuh).

Before the battle of Uhud began, the Prophet (pbuh) had ordered a group of archers to remain on one side of a mountain to offer protection to the rear of the Muslim army. When the Muslims started to defeat their enemies, however, forty of the archers assumed the battle was already won and raced down the mountain in order to receive their share of the war booty. The Quraish used this opportunity to circle back and attack the rear of the Muslim army. They even got close enough to attack the Holy Prophet (pbuh) himself, injuring him severely; two rings from the metal straps of the helmet worn by the Prophet (pbuh) had been embedded in his cheek. To protect the Prophet (pbuh) at this dangerous moment, some of the sahabah carried him to a safe place and gathered around him (pbuh), forming a shield to protect him from the kafirs. Abu Dujana stood before the Messenger of Allah (pbuh), his back serving as a shield for the Prophet (pbuh). In doing so, Abu Dujana’s back was pierced with arrows, but he never once flinched. This showed the ardent affection that Abu Dujana and the other companions felt for the Prophet (pbuh).

During the confusion caused by the archers’ mistake of abandoning their posts, many sahabah were martyred. Quraish began mutilating their bodies to appease their wounded pride over their defeat at Badr. Ka‘b ibn Masa‘id said, “I was one of those Muslims who fought in Uhud and witnessed the kafirs’ acts of barbarity in mutilating the dead bodies, but I left this sight because I couldn’t stand it. Then I saw an armed, stout polytheist pass through the Muslims and say, ‘Gather them up like sheep are gathered and slaughtered!’ Similarly, I saw an armed Muslim waiting for him. I walked towards them till I stood behind him [the Muslim]. Comparing them both, I considered that the kafir was superior to the Muslim in arms and size. I continued watching them while they engaged in man-to-man combat. The Muslim raised his sword up and swung it down hard on the kafir, so forcefully that the blade went down his hip and split him in half. When the Muslim unveiled his face, he looked at me and said, “What do you think of that, Ka‘b?” It was Abu Dujana.

After the battle concluded, the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) arrived in Madinah. As soon as he reached his house, he handed his sword to his daughter Fatima and said, “O daughter, wash the blood off this sword. By Allah, it has been helpful to me today.” ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib also handed her his sword and said, “And wash the blood off this sword too. By Allah, it has been helpful to me today.” So the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, “Sahl ibn Haneef and Abu Dujana have been as courageous as you are in the jihad.”

After the death of the Holy Prophet (pbuh), during the khilafah (ruler of the Islamic State) of Abu Bakr, Abu Dujana fought until he met his martyrdom against the army of Musaylima al-Kadhab, the liar who claimed prophethood in the lifetime of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and made war against his sahabah when Abu Bakr was the khalifah.

To us, his life is a legacy of sacrifice and bravery in the face of kufr (disbelief). He is the epitome of a true mujahid. Regarding those courageous sahabah, like Abu Dujana, the following verse was revealed: “Among the Believers are men who have been true to their Covenant with Allah: of them, some have completed their vow to (the extreme) and some (still) wait, but they have never changed (their determination) in the least; that Allah may reward the men of truth for their truth and punish the hypocrites if that be His will, or turn to them in mercy, for Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” (The Holy Qur’an, 33: 23-24)

May the mercy of Allah the Exalted be upon Abu Dujana, and may He guide our Ummah (global Muslim community) towards the example he left behind.

shmed

yeh the name abu dujana is familiar but i dint know the whole story properly.

jazakallah

:blackhijab:

Globalpeace

Banned
Rambo III

As quoted in the movie!

May God save you from the venom of the Cobra
And vengence of the Afghan

Actually the correct saying is

May God save you
from the venom of the Cobra
And vengence of the "Pathan"