Lending money

lozlg

Muslima for 1 year!
Assalam Alaikam brothers and sisters. I have this problem that i need some advise on. Here it goes... Last year I lent quite a lot on money to a brother. I gave him 1 year to give me the money back which is due in 3 days (he signed a contract for this which i drew up). I trust this person, i've known him for 5 years. He introduced me to islam and insha'allah we have made plans to get married next year. I spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he is still having financial problems and I can not see me getting my money back by the end of the year. Part of me feels like i should not worry about it because insh'allah we will be getting married anyway and insha'allah share everything. The other part of me feels gutted because that was my life savings and it took me so long and took a lot of hard work to save for it. I find myself getting upset and stressing about it but just tell myself that there are much more important things to worry about in life and i try to appreciate what i have now. He said insha'allah i will definatly get it back. I just feel down and i know i will have my parents on my case soon asking if he has given me it back. My dad was angry when he found out i had lent him the money last year and now he will have a 'i told u so' attitude.
I can't make dua for this can i? I would be asking for my money and thats not right is it? I don't know what to do to make myself feel better.

hana*

i totally agree with brother ayman and also did you know that you will be rewarded the equivalent of what you loaned out in charity as a reward. this means that if you gave someone £200 as a borrow, EVERY DAY you will be rewarded that equivalent in reward so it would be like you paying £200 in charity every day untill the debt is repaid to you, so just imagine how much reward you recieve. if he is going to be youre future husband, then why worry, all is good inshaAllah

:wasalam: