lesson i noticed from the story of Joseph

BrotherZak

The story of Joseph is a kind of sequence of extraordinary catastrophes followed by amazing unexpected honoring. So that after being the favored son of a Prophet, he is cast into a pit in the desert apparently with no hope whatsoever but he has Rid'ah and doesn't complain to Allah. He is then taking to Egypt, hundreds of miles from his family in the desert and sold into slavery but he doesn't complain he accepts Allah's will. Then Allah says " Wakthlika Mak'ana fill Yusuf fil Arda" or "we gave Joseph a place of Position or a standing on earth in the World". And then another calamity befalls him causing him to be send to prison for several years because of a false allegation. He then comes out of Prison, having never complained to Allah or doubting him. And again Allah says " we gave Joseph a place or standing on earth" to propel him back into position of power.

All of that comes as it were that the message is if we have Rid'ah and serene acceptance and sabr and we just don't panic and bang at the cell doors screaming to be let out and complaining about our situation, that Allah in his extraordinary omnipotence and power can turn our situation over from being in the depths of a prison we become second in command to the most powerful position in the world.

Salam

palestine

Servant of Allah
i never get tired of prophet yusuf's story. it makes happy! another lesson from this story is that you should not favor one child over the others. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

BrotherZak

i never get tired of prophet yusuf's story. it makes happy! another lesson from this story is that you should not favor one child over the others. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

The story is timeless is indeed and it is worth to note that an entire Surah is dedicated to his life.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We all can take a lesson from this. I can not but help think of our brothers in captivity. They never complain. They thank Allah subhana talla at all times, under all conditions and simply praise the Glorious creator. Jazaak Allahu Kharin.

*FatimaFilsan*

Jaza Kallahu Khairan. :ma: you learned a lot from the story of Yusuf. We can all agree that the beautiful story of Yusuf is one of the most beautiful story one can read. We should try to read it as much as we can, especially at times of hardship. We can learn a lot from the struggles of Yusuf and hopefully after reading his story we can have more trust in the decree of Allah.

May Allah make us as patient and as forgiving as Yusuf. Ameen.
:salam2:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

mashallah beautifully said brother.

surah yusuf is one of my favourite surahs. it takes me to the different world. it seems as if i can see all the things happening in front of my eyes.

jazaak Allah khairan