Serious Let us purify our hearts before it is too late:

a_stranger

22. And on the Day when We shall gather them all together, We shall say to those who joined partners in worship (with Us): "Where are your partners (false deities) whom you used to assert (as partners in worship with Allah:God)?"

23. There will then be (left) no Fitnah (excuses or statements or arguments) for them but to say: "By Allah:God, our Lord, we were not those who joined others in worship with Allah:God."

24. Look! How they lie against themselves! But the (lie) which they invented will disappear from them.

25. And of them there are some who listen to you; but We have set veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they see every one of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) they will not believe therein; to the point that when they come to you to argue with you, the disbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the men of old."

Surat Al Alanaam

Cariad

22. And on the Day when We shall gather them all together, We shall say to those who joined partners in worship (with Us): "Where are your partners (false deities) whom you used to assert (as partners in worship with Allah:God)?"

23. There will then be (left) no Fitnah (excuses or statements or arguments) for them but to say: "By Allah:God, our Lord, we were not those who joined others in worship with Allah:God."

24. Look! How they lie against themselves! But the (lie) which they invented will disappear from them.

25. And of them there are some who listen to you; but We have set veils on their hearts, so they understand it not, and deafness in their ears; if they see every one of the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) they will not believe therein; to the point that when they come to you to argue with you, the disbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the men of old."

Surat Al Alanaam
I really don't understand this about partners, at least not why you associate it with christians. Which forgive me if I am mistaken is the reason for the post. :(

I tire of saying God has no partners or has need of any.

a_stranger

Dear Caria please read the following to understand the pure true message of Quran :

Debate over the nature of God at the Council of Nicaea
Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea in the year 325 as much for political reasons—for unity in the empire—as religious ones. The primary issue at that time came to be known as the Arian controversy.

“In the hope of securing for his throne the support of the growing body of Christians he had shown them considerable favor and it was to his interest to have the church vigorous and united. The Arian controversy was threatening its unity and menacing its strength. He therefore undertook to put an end to the trouble. It was suggested to him, perhaps by the Spanish bishop Hosius, who was influential at court, that if a synod were to meet representing the whole church both east and west, it might be possible to restore harmony.

“Constantine himself of course neither knew nor cared anything about the matter in dispute but he was eager to bring the controversy to a close, and Hosius’ advice appealed to him as sound” (Arthur Cushman McGiffert, A History of Christian Thought, 1954, Vol. 1, p. 258).

Arius, a priest from Alexandria, Egypt, taught that Christ, because He was the Son of God, must have had a beginning and therefore was a special creation of God. Further, if Jesus was the Son, the Father of necessity must be older.

Opposing the teachings of Arius was Athanasius, a deacon also from Alexandria. His view was an early form of Trinitarianism wherein the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were one but at the same time distinct from each other.

The decision as to which view the church council would accept was to a large extent arbitrary. Karen Armstrong explains in A History of God: “When the bishops gathered at Nicaea on May 20, 325, to resolve the crisis, very few would have shared Athanasius’s view of Christ. Most held a position midway between Athanasius and Arius” (p. 110).

As emperor, Constantine was in the unusual position of deciding church doctrine even though he was not really a Christian. (The following year is when he had both his wife and son murdered, as previously mentioned).

Historian Henry Chadwick attests, “Constantine, like his father, worshipped the Unconquered Sun” ( The Early Church, 1993, p. 122). As to the emperor’s embrace of Christianity, Chadwick admits, “His conversion should not be interpreted as an inward experience of grace . . . It was a military matter. His comprehension of Christian doctrine was never very clear” (p. 125).

Chadwick does say that Constantine’s deathbed baptism itself “implies no doubt about his Christian belief,” it being common for rulers to put off baptism to avoid accountability for things like torture and executing criminals (p. 127). But this justification doesn’t really help the case for the emperor’s conversion being genuine.

Norbert Brox, a professor of church history, confirms that Constantine was never actually a converted Christian: “Constantine did not experience any conversion; there are no signs of a change of faith in him. He never said of himself that he had turned to another god . . . At the time when he turned to Christianity, for him this was Sol Invictus (the victorious sun god)” ( A Concise History of the Early Church, 1996, p. 48).

When it came to the Nicene Council, The Encyclopaedia Britannica states: “Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed . . . the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination” (1971 edition, Vol. 6, “Constantine,” p. 386).

a_stranger

Please dear friend ponder:

77 - Say: O people of the book exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by, who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way.
Surat Al Maeda

a_stranger

One more important verse ( meaning of the verse ):

171) 171 - O people of the book commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and his word, which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit proceeding from him: so believe in God and his apostles. say not trinity: desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: glory be to him: (far exalted is he) above having a son. to him belong all things in the heavens and on earth, and enough is God as a disposer of affairs.

(172) 172 - Christ disdaineth not to serve and worship God, nor do the angels, those nearest (to God): those who disdain his worship and are arrogant, he will gather them all together unto himself to (answer).
Surat Al Nisaa.

Cariad

Dear Caria please read the following to understand the pure true message of Quran :

Debate over the nature of God at the Council of Nicaea
Constantine convened the Council of Nicaea in the year 325 as much for political reasons—for unity in the empire—as religious ones. The primary issue at that time came to be known as the Arian controversy.

“In the hope of securing for his throne the support of the growing body of Christians he had shown them considerable favor and it was to his interest to have the church vigorous and united. The Arian controversy was threatening its unity and menacing its strength. He therefore undertook to put an end to the trouble. It was suggested to him, perhaps by the Spanish bishop Hosius, who was influential at court, that if a synod were to meet representing the whole church both east and west, it might be possible to restore harmony.

“Constantine himself of course neither knew nor cared anything about the matter in dispute but he was eager to bring the controversy to a close, and Hosius’ advice appealed to him as sound” (Arthur Cushman McGiffert, A History of Christian Thought, 1954, Vol. 1, p. 258).

Arius, a priest from Alexandria, Egypt, taught that Christ, because He was the Son of God, must have had a beginning and therefore was a special creation of God. Further, if Jesus was the Son, the Father of necessity must be older.

Opposing the teachings of Arius was Athanasius, a deacon also from Alexandria. His view was an early form of Trinitarianism wherein the Father, Son and Holy Spirit were one but at the same time distinct from each other.

The decision as to which view the church council would accept was to a large extent arbitrary. Karen Armstrong explains in A History of God: “When the bishops gathered at Nicaea on May 20, 325, to resolve the crisis, very few would have shared Athanasius’s view of Christ. Most held a position midway between Athanasius and Arius” (p. 110).

As emperor, Constantine was in the unusual position of deciding church doctrine even though he was not really a Christian. (The following year is when he had both his wife and son murdered, as previously mentioned).

Historian Henry Chadwick attests, “Constantine, like his father, worshipped the Unconquered Sun” ( The Early Church, 1993, p. 122). As to the emperor’s embrace of Christianity, Chadwick admits, “His conversion should not be interpreted as an inward experience of grace . . . It was a military matter. His comprehension of Christian doctrine was never very clear” (p. 125).

Chadwick does say that Constantine’s deathbed baptism itself “implies no doubt about his Christian belief,” it being common for rulers to put off baptism to avoid accountability for things like torture and executing criminals (p. 127). But this justification doesn’t really help the case for the emperor’s conversion being genuine.

Norbert Brox, a professor of church history, confirms that Constantine was never actually a converted Christian: “Constantine did not experience any conversion; there are no signs of a change of faith in him. He never said of himself that he had turned to another god . . . At the time when he turned to Christianity, for him this was Sol Invictus (the victorious sun god)” ( A Concise History of the Early Church, 1996, p. 48).

When it came to the Nicene Council, The Encyclopaedia Britannica states: “Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed . . . the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination” (1971 edition, Vol. 6, “Constantine,” p. 386).

But what do you think this proves? What do you think they based their deliberations on if not Scripture. I read the Bible from Old Testament to New and it is easy to see that YHWH showed a plurality of nature. The very basis that God is love and all is created from this love is all the proof I need. A plurality of nature does NOT mean that God is not ONE God. Nor does mankind's interpretation of this nature by means of the trinity doctrine imply God can be anything other than ONE God, creator and sustainer of the universe and all that is in it.

Think for a moment it could be that God has not given this understanding to yourself, there is a chance Yeshua taught the truth and the disciples recorded this truth for the benefit of mankind. It could be you that have been blinded and led astray. Really, dear.. We can only go with what our heart feels is truth and what our mind decides what is logical. For me it is Trinitarian Christianity for you it is Islam. Neither can prove conclusively that we each possess the only truth..it is something we can only know at the end of days. Which for me will see the coming of Gods Kingdom on earth which is what Yeshua taught. God is a great and marvellous mystery, one that we cannot imagine or comprehend. What we know of God that is good we must emulate in our daily lives I believe that to be most pleasing to God. :)

Cariad

Please dear friend ponder:

77 - Say: O people of the book exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by, who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even way.
Surat Al Maeda

I think you believe that this verse relates to the council of Nicea in some way. Although the trinity doctrine was not decided at the council of Nicea. It was known long before. You could maybe say it was solidified to some extent at Nicea. But I worship God as Yeshua told me to, that is a God that has no partners or associates nor has need of them. I base this on His teachings found in the New Testament. So then by your reckoning I am astray? Because I don't accept your prophet? Is that what it is in a nutshell?

Cariad

One more important verse ( meaning of the verse ):

171) 171 - O people of the book commit no excesses in your religion: nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and his word, which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit proceeding from him: so believe in God and his apostles. say not trinity: desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: glory be to him: (far exalted is he) above having a son. to him belong all things in the heavens and on earth, and enough is God as a disposer of affairs.

(172) 172 - Christ disdaineth not to serve and worship God, nor do the angels, those nearest (to God): those who disdain his worship and are arrogant, he will gather them all together unto himself to (answer).
Surat Al Nisaa.

I have always had a great problem with this verse, for this appears to me like God has a son, like a biological son. Which is a serious blasphemy. One which Christians have never thought of that God sired a son or even needed to. (God even forgive the thought) it appears as a reaction to a misconception of christianity, on that basis it gives me cause for concern. It also judges what is or what is possible for God! Who are we to decide what is beneath God to do something? Angel Gabriel claimed that NOTHING was impossible for God.. With God anything and everything is possible because God not only makes the rules we live under but He IS the rule. Nothing happens that is not by Gods will. So for me, if I take this on board I have no problem understanding that God if God so wanted to could manifest in any way God wished to in order to bring man to Him. The Bible reveals a God that cares for His creation deeply and is very much an active being, a relational being if you like. God is revealed everywhere within creation. Obviously we as sinners can never "see" God in fullness of His glory, but that does not mean God would not or could not reveal Himself to us in ways we can see and understand.

Yeshua was never an apostle, but maybe we understand differently apostle and prophet. In islam maybe they mean the same. However, even as prophet which Yeshua was.. He was never just another prophet in a line of prophets. His teachings and what He revealed about Himself did not allow for that view. He is the prophets prophet, He is the one the Prophets were sent for, He is the very reason scripture was given. He is basically the WAY, Gods WAY. That is the whole message of the Bible, Yeshua Messiah and salvation of mankind who will usher in Gods Kingdom on Earth, the bringer of peace and giver of eternal life. It's Gods will. You don't see it or know it because you have never looked for it. The answer is not in scripture it is in the person of Yeshua.

Many christians would say that without Yeshua there is no eternal life for those who have Him not this is denied them. The Bible may well imply such a thing. Yet, I have to take exception to that view because I feel it is narrow. I see God as all encompassing, loving all creation who love Him in return and do His will or at least strive to do so as well as they can. That goes beyond any one religion. I don't see God sent a religion because religion itself has no power to save, it can only be a guide. But in the hands of imperfect man any guide can be interpreted to their own ends. Then religion becomes almost an entity of itself and we become a slave to religion and in doing so lose sight of God Himself. Yeshua taught about such and often accused Jews of the same. So that said, regardless of religion, personally I feel it of utmost importance to worship God in truth and sincerity and ALL those who do so are beloved of God. I have big issues with a God who would condemn a good soul to an eternity devoid of His love on the basis they prescribed to one religion over another.

As a muslim do you believe I as a christian will be condemned and denied heaven because I follow Yeshuas' teachings instead of Muhammed's ?

a_stranger

Perfect sincerity is required for purity of hearts:

Narrated / Authority of:
Abu Huraira
Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said: Allah (SWT) said: Among all partners, I am the most dispensable with association. So anyone who performs a deed in which he ascribes to Me others; I will abandon him and his act of polytheism. (This Hadith is sound and reported by Muslim). Shirk (polytheism) is a sin that if its doer dies without repentance, he will never be forgiven. Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, Allah has forbidden Paradise for him; and the Fire will be his abode.

Cariad

Perfect sincerity is required for purity of hearts:

Narrated / Authority of:
Abu Huraira
Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said: Allah (SWT) said: Among all partners, I am the most dispensable with association. So anyone who performs a deed in which he ascribes to Me others; I will abandon him and his act of polytheism. (This Hadith is sound and reported by Muslim). Shirk (polytheism) is a sin that if its doer dies without repentance, he will never be forgiven. Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, Allah has forbidden Paradise for him; and the Fire will be his abode.

When I read this it is clearly aimed at polytheists, pagans who worshipped idols. Jews and Christians never did ascribe partners to God. We believe as the Bible clearly shows that God is the all powerful creator and sustainer of all, that nothing exists that He does not will to exist. Also, shirk is a sin found only in Islam, and Islam was founded in Arabia and your prophet brought those people who worshipped other gods to the truth of the One.

Why do you think Yeshua said He was the only way to God? You think He made mistake?

a_stranger

((Why do you think Yeshua said He was the only way to God? You think He made mistake?))

Dear Cariad I believe that each prophet at his time was the only way to God , since he was chosen by God to guide people of that time. If I was born at his time before the coming of Islam he was the only way . Now all praise be to God I believe in all the prophets of God :

(152) 152 - To those who believe in God and his apostles and make no distinction between any of the apostles, we shall soon give their (due) rewards: for God is oft forgiving, most merciful.
Surat Al Maeda ( translation of the meanings of Quran)

I am sure that prophets never do mistakes , but when their words are translated through many languages many misunderstandiings may happen .

Cariad

Yeshua said He was sent for all peoples of all time. I don't think you can understand what I mean, because you apcan only allow yourself to see Yeshua as only a prophet. Of course He was always more than this. Even the Qur'an confirms Him as Messiah. Which alone sets Him apart from other prophets. In fact there are so very many examples of why Yeshua was NOT just another prophet. Some even in Qur'an.

He was the prophets prophet.. All the prophets in the Old Testament looked forward to the coming of Yeshua. They are types and shadows of things to come, but you don't see this because you do not have all the prophets brought but just a snapshot from a few. Prophet Isaiah was a major prophet who prophesied to a great extent about the coming Kingdom of God that would be issued in by Yeshua, also Yeshua as suffering servant sent for mankind. Yet Isaiah has no mention in Qur'an nor his message. You think the prophets only message was worship our one God but this is only a part of their revelation.

Do you know types and shadows? Like looking forward of OT the NT looks back and confirms what the prophets said has come to pass. When you say the message can change through many translations.. Really this just does not work on so many levels... Too many to mention, but the most important and surely the most relevant has to be scripture states that Gods message cannot be changed His divine word is immutable. It's sacrilege to believe anything else. Do you think we need written word to know what God wants from us? Scripture was only put into writing at the time of Moses before that Mankind were unlettered meaning they had no written scripture, but Gods word was still with the people. God does not rely on language of man which forever evolves (another reason why words once used that are changed for equivalent words.. They fall into disuse) arabic is no different in this respect because it is a language of man. I read once that the language first used to put Qur'an into writing was not the same as today, and had different marks or punctuations or something I will have to check.

I know there is no misunderstanding, and the Good news the living Gospel that is Yeshua is what it was always meant to be.. And we have what we were meant to have. Otherwise I have to believe that God either chose not to or failed to protect His message.. Both options are untenable for me. I know God to be perfect in every respect. :)

Of course there remains another possibility that the misunderstanding exists but it could be Islam not Christianity :) we will know for sure one day. Until then we each keep our love and worship of God in our own ways. Above all treat each other with love and kindness.

May God bless and keep you.

Just to add... Yeshua never said He was a way to God. He said He was THE way .. The ONLY way to the Father. He was very clear about that.

a_stranger

Dear friend you said :
Yet Isaiah has no mention in Qur'an nor his message.

Isaiah: Isaac son of Abraham was mentioned many times in Quran :

(((83) 83 - That was the reasoning about us, which we gave to Abraham (to use) against his people: we raise whom we will, degree after degree: for they lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.

(84) 84 - We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) we guided: and before him, we guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do we reward those who do good:))
Translation of the meanings of Quran Surat Al Anaam.

There are more verses were Isaac as -pronounced in Quran - were mentioned.

And yes Yeshua or Jesus or Issa was a prophet with a very high status with no sin , no devil can affect him. But no more than a human , creature , prophet of God . Since there is no more than one God : creator of this being : this is stated clearly : La Ellah Ella Allah : No God but Allah .

With love and respect.

Cariad

Dear friend you said :
Yet Isaiah has no mention in Qur'an nor his message.

Isaiah: Isaac son of Abraham was mentioned many times in Quran :

(((83) 83 - That was the reasoning about us, which we gave to Abraham (to use) against his people: we raise whom we will, degree after degree: for they lord is full of wisdom and knowledge.

(84) 84 - We gave him Isaac and Jacob: all (three) we guided: and before him, we guided Noah, and among his progeny, David, Solomon, Job, joseph, Moses, and Aaron: thus do we reward those who do good:))
Translation of the meanings of Quran Surat Al Anaam.

There are more verses were Isaac as -pronounced in Quran - were mentioned.

And yes Yeshua or Jesus or Issa was a prophet with a very high status with no sin , no devil can affect him. But no more than a human , creature , prophet of God . Since there is no more than one God : creator of this being : this is stated clearly : La Ellah Ella Allah : No God but Allah .

With love and respect.
My dear I think you misunderstand. I mean Isaiah not Isaac. They are very different people. Isaac the child of promise was born in 2066 BC prophet Isaiah was prophet in 739 BC

That's like thousand + years later..

The first 39 books of Isaiah contain very strong messages of judgment against Judah and a call to repentance and holiness. The people showed outwardly a form of godliness, but their hearts had become corrupted. God warned them through Isaiah, to come clean and purify themselves, but they ignored his message. Isaiah predicted the demise and captivity of Judah, yet comforted them with this hope... God has promised to provide a Redeemer.

The last 27 chapters contain God's message of forgiveness, consolation and hope, as God speaks through Isaiah, revealing his plan of blessing and salvation through the coming Messiah. Maybe that's why he is not mentioned in Qur'an he spoke of the Messiah.. As Redeemer of mankind. We know the Messiah to be Yeshua. You do not have the full message of the prophets, and what you don't have is quite crucial to mankind's salvation revealed by God.

Only God is sinless, but you are correct that Yeshua is sinless as both Bible and Qur'an attest to this fact. You must join the dots and see where that leads. Yes there is only one God you name Allah the Bible prophets knew as YHWH. If Allah is same God as all the prophets worshipped that is good. It doesn't matter that you use arabic name for God as long as we understand it is the same God we worship. Yeshua existed as the word from beginning of time. Abraham knew Yeshua thousands years before He came in the flesh. As did Moses.. Abraham and Isaac were a type of Yeshua Moses was shadow.

Peace and love to you too.

a_stranger

Peace dear Friend : sorry for my misunderstanding and thank you for the information ,It is stated clearly in Quran :

63) 163 - We have sent thee inspiration, as we sent it to Noah and the messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob and the tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David we gave the psalms.

(164) 164 - Of some apostles we have already told thee the story; of others we have not; and to Moses God spoke direct;

(165) 165 - Apostles who gave good news as well as warning, that mankind, after (the coming) of the apostles, should have no plea against God: for God is exalted in power, wise.

Translation of the meanings of Quran Surat Al Nisaa.

But I find information about prophet Isaiah peace be upon him told by a scholar of Islam : Ibn Kathir

Story of Prophet Isaiah (pbuh)
Ibn Kathir
Among the prophets between David and Zakariah is Isaiah (pbuh), Ibn Amoz (Amisiah). According to Muhammad Ibn Ishaaq, Isaiah (pbuh) appeared before Zakariah (pbuh) and Yahya (John the Baptist) (pbuh). He is among those who prophesied about Isa (Jesus) (pbuh) and Muhammad (pbuh). The king during his time was called Hezekiah (Hazkia). He listened and was obedient to Isaiah in what he advised him to do and prohibit for the good of the state. Affairs took momentum among the Israelites. The king became sick with an infected foot. While he was sick, King Sennacherib (Sinharib) of Babylon advanced towards Jerusalem with sixty thousand men.

The people were greatly terrified. The King asked Isaiah: "What did Allah reveal to you regarding Sennacherib and his army?" He replied: "He has not yet revealed anything to me." Then the revelation came down for King Hezekiah to appoint a successor, as he wished, because his end was at hand. When Isaiah told him this, the king turned to the qibla (the direction faced in prayer); he prayed, glorified Allah, invoked Him, and wept. Weeping and invoking Allah the All-Powerful and majestic with a sincere heart, trust and patience, he said: "O Lord of lords, and God of gods! O, Benevolent and Merciful One Whom neither sleep nor nodding can overpower, remember me for my deeds and my just judgment over the children of Israel; and all that was from You, and You know it better than I do, my open acts and my secrets are with You."

Allah answered his prayers had compassion on him. He revealed to Isaiah to tell him the glad tidings that He had compassion for his weeping and would extend his life for a further fifteen years and save him from the enemy, Sennacherib. When Isaiah told this to Hezekiah, his disease was healed. Evil and sadness departed, and he fell prostrate, saying: "O Lord, it is You Who grants kingship to whomsoever You wish and dethrones whomsoever You wish and elevates whomsoever You wish and degrades whomsoever You wish, Knower of the unseen and the evident. And lo! You are the First and the Last; the Manifest and the Perceived; You grant mercy and answer the prayers of the troubled ones."

When he raised his head, Allah revealed to Isaiah to command the king to extract the water of the fig and apply it to his sore, and he would be whole and cured. He did so and was cured.

Then Allah sent death upon the army of Sennacherib. In the morning they were all corpses, except Sennacherib and five of his companions, among them Nebuchadnezzar (Bukhtanasar). The king of Israel immediately sent for them, put them in shackles and displayed them in the land for seventy days to spite and insult them. Every day each of them was fed a loaf of barley bread; after seventy days he confined them in prison.

Allah then revealed to Isaiah that the king should send them back to their country so that they might warn their people what would happen to them. When they returned, Sennacherib gathered his people and told them what had happened to them. The priests and magicians said to him: "We told you about their Lord and their prophets, but you did not listen to us. It is a nation which, with their God, nobody can overcome." So, Sennacherib was afraid of Allah. He died seven years later.

Ibn Ishaaq also reported that when King Hezekiah of Israel died, the Israelites' condition deteriorated; there was political confusion, and their wickedness increased. Isaiah preached to them what Allah revealed to him, directing them to righteousness and warning them of Allah's severe punishment. His preaching made him their enemy and they decided to kill him, so he escaped from them.

Ibn Ishaaq also reported an Israelite interpolation which said that when Isaiah was passing by a tree, it opened, and he entered therein; but Satan saw him and held onto the loop of his garment so that it stuck out. When they saw it, they brought a saw and sawed the tree, and him with it. Indeed, from Allah we come and to him we return.

Back To Islam Awareness Homepage

I don't know how reliable is the story , this is the first time I read it.
With love

Cariad

Dear Sister, I found this article for you to compare. It is mentioned that Isaiah was sawn in two inside a tree, this story is found in stories of jewish traditions, not scriptural. It does not mention Satan had a role to play tho. I can see similarities in the Islam account and that of the Bible, but on most important points I feel there is big difference. We know the book of Isaiah is complete and the same now as it was 800 years before Yeshua. .. So even longer before Qur'an. Dead Sea scrolls confirm it, on that basis I feel the Bibles account is very important for consideration. I still find it strange that Isaiah (as such an important prophet) had no direct mention in the Qur'an, but as the main theme is about Yeshua being sent as Messiah to save the people from their sin by His sacrifice, then it is not so surprising as I know you do not believe this was Yeshuas role ordained by God, as all the Bible prophets showed this too. Muhammed is only one who denied this.

Isaiah is widely regarded as one of the greatest prophets of the Bible. His name means “YHWH (the LORD) is salvation.” He lived in Jerusalem and the prophecies God gave him were directed toward Israel, Judah and other nations. Jewish tradition says he was of royal descent, and he may have been a cousin to King Uzziah. This may have given him access to the kings of Judah in Jerusalem.

The biblical account in Sennacherib’s siege of Jerusalem. It was at least a 40-year ministry during the last half of the eighth century B.C.

Isaiah was married to a prophetess (prophecies are still “signs and wonders” for us today.

Jewish tradition says he was killed by being sawn in two by King Manasseh, the son of King Hezekiah. This seems to be alluded to in Hebrews 11:37.

Many of the prophecies in Isaiah begin with the historical conditions and prophecies for his day and then move forward to a far greater fulfillment prior to the return of Jesus Christ. This is the dualism seen in many of the prophecies of the Bible. The first (historical) fulfillment is lesser in scope and is followed by the greater future fulfillment at the end of this present age. The dualism in Isaiah usually pertains to the prophecies about Jesus Christ, Israel, Judah or other nations.

Two exceptions would be the prophecies of the coming Day of the Lord and the Kingdom of God. These prophecies are singular and point to only one fulfillment.

There are four major themes of prophecy found in the book of Isaiah, and we will consider them in the remainder of this article.

Jesus Christ, the most important theme

Almost one-third of the chapters of the book of Isaiah contain prophecies about Jesus Christ, addressing both His first and second comings. Isaiah provides more prophecy of the second coming of Christ than any other Old Testamentprophet. The following are some prophecies about Christ in both His first and second comings:

• “He shall judge between the nations” (Holy Spirit would “rest upon Him” (Passover lamb symbolized this merciful act (Isaiah 53:7; Exodus 12:5; 1 Corinthians 5:7). Statements of His death are then repeated: “For He was cut off from the land of the living” (Isaiah 53:8). “And they made His grave with the wicked” (verse 9). He was an “offering for sin” (verse 10) and He “poured out His soul unto death” (verse 12).

Through the book of Isaiah, God revealed that Jesus would come to earth first as a human to deal with sin and then again in His glorified state after being resurrected from the grave to establish the Kingdom of God (see also Hebrews 9:28). Not understanding the dualism of Christ’s coming, many Jews rejected Him during His first coming as a human because He did not fulfill the prophecies of ruling over the earth and establishing an eternal government that are to occur during His second coming (Isaiah 9:6-7; Isaiah 40:10).

Interestingly, God also revealed through Isaiah how Christ would be able to come back to life after being crucified. The prophet wrote, “Your dead shall live; together with my dead body they shall arise” (Isaiah 26:19). Also, prior to Isaiah’s time, King David had prophesied of Christ’s death and resurrection (Psalm 16:10).

• Warnings and assurances to Israel and Judah

In terms of content, the largest single subject in the book of Isaiah is warnings to Israel and Judah both for Isaiah’s age and for us today. The first 11 chapters describe many social, moral and religious sins that are similar to the sins that the modern descendants of Israel and Judah are presently committing. For an explanation of who these people are today, see the “12 Tribes of Israel” section of this website.

The dualism of the historical setting as a prophecy for the end of the age is apparent in chapter 11, which says, “The LORD shall set His hand again the second time” to bring them back from captivity (verse 11). The timing of this restoration is during and after Christ’s second coming (verses 4-10).

The warnings to Israel and Judah of their national sins continue throughout chapters 41 to 49. The difference is that in these chapters God gives them encouragement that He will eventually redeem them. Here are some examples:
      • “You are My servant, I have chosen you” (Isaiah 41:8-9; Isaiah 49:3).
      • “I will not remember your sins” (Isaiah 43:25).
      • “Even I will carry, and will deliver you” (Isaiah 46:4).
      • The Lord is “the Redeemer of Israel” (Isaiah 49:7; Isaiah 44:22).
      In chapters 56 to 59 God continues to give correction and warning to Israel and Judah for their sins. In these chapters Israel and Judah are chastised for their hypocrisy in how they worship God. There are two chapters in particular that touch on this religious hypocrisy. They are Isaiah 56, which focuses on keeping the Sabbath, and Isaiah 58, which deals with fasting for the wrong reasons and, again, keeping God’s Sabbath.

The prophecies to Israel and Judah in the book of Isaiah end on a future encouraging note with God’s eventual deliverance and mercy in the coming Kingdom of God (Isaiah 61:3-9; Isaiah 63:7-9, 14).

The Day of the Lord

Prophecies about the coming Day of the Lord can be found in the writings of many of the Old Testament prophets, and Isaiah is no exception. This subject is covered from chapters 2 to 66. Unlike the dualism of the prophecies to Israel and Judah, most prophecies about the Day of the Lord are for an event yet to come. These foretell a time of awesome and frightening events leading to the return of Christ. Many people think of it as “the end of the world,” although it is really just the end of this present evil age.

Isaiah explains that the Day of the Lord will last for one year (Isaiah 34:8; Isaiah 61:2; Isaiah 63:4). The principle of a day for a year in prophecy also applies to the Day of the Lord (Numbers 14:34; Ezekiel 4:6). It is the year of the “Lord’s vengeance” or God’s wrath (Revelation 6:17).

In the earlier chapters on this subject (2, 13 and 24), Isaiah describes the effects of God’s wrath on this world. Men will hide in caves in terror (Isaiah 2:19-21), the earth will be shaken and possibly moved from its orbit (Isaiah 13:13), and the earth will become almost empty and a total waste (Isaiah 24:1, 3, 6). Isaiah also speaks of the Day of the Lord as a time of war (Isaiah 31:8-9). These events are also described in the seven trumpets of Revelation 8-9.

God further reveals through Isaiah that the “daughter of Babylon” will be destroyed in the Day of the Lord (Isaiah 47:1, 5, 7, 9). These verses are almost identical to those of Revelation 18:7-8, 17-19, 21. This Babylon is the final end-time government and its religious system that will be destroyed at Christ’s return.

The time of God’s wrath will come to an end when “the great trumpet will be blown” (Isaiah 27:13) and Jesus Christ will return to the earth (Revelation 11:15).

While the Day of the Lord often focuses on the wrath of God (the punishment that will come upon the disobedient for one year before Christ returns), this term is also used in a broader way by John in Revelation 1:10 to describe all the events—including the wrath of God, the Millennium and events thereafter—that will occur after Christ’s return. Virtually every Old Testament prophet who warned of God’s judgment on the Day of the Lord also spoke of restored peace and prosperity that will follow the judgment.

The Kingdom of God

The last major theme addressed in Isaiah is the Kingdom of God that Jesus Christ will usher in with His return. The term “kingdom” is not used in Isaiah, but this future age is described in many of the chapters from the beginning to the end of Isaiah.

The following are some of the prophecies about this coming Kingdom:

• The Lord will set up His kingdom over all nations, teach man His ways and judge between the nations (Isaiah 2:2-4).
      • The “Branch” will establish Jerusalem and those who dwell there as holy (Isaiah 4:2-6).
      • “The government will be upon His shoulder.” He will be called “Prince of Peace” and “of the increase of His government there will be no end” (Isaiah 9:6-7).
      • All animals will live at peace with man and one another, and “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD” (Isaiah 11:6-9).
      • The Lord will resettle Israel in their land (Isaiah 14:1-2).
      • The deaf shall hear, the blind shall see, and Jacob’s descendants will “hallow” the Lord’s name (Isaiah 29:18, 22-24).
      • A king and princes will rule in quiet and peaceful habitations (Isaiah 32:1, 15-18).
      • “The desert shall … blossom as the rose,” the infirmed will be restored, and “waters shall burst forth in the wilderness” (Isaiah 35:1-10).
      There are numerous prophecies about the Kingdom of God throughout chapters 44 to 66. It is a very important theme in this book. Everything written is leading up to the peaceful eternal government of God and, finally, to “new heavens and a new earth” (Isaiah 65:17).

God bless you and the God we share love and guide you.

Cariad

Pbuh means peace be upon him . May peace and blessings of Allah be upon you , me and all the being .

Yes, I understand what phuh is meaning. Did you know Yeshua is the Prince of Peace?. So For us we do not wish Gods peace on the prophets because we know they are assured of it through Yeshua. Because they all were types and shadows of Him they share in the Peace that is Yeshua. :)

“The government will be upon His shoulder.” He will be called “Prince of Peace” and “of the increase of His government there will be no end” (Isaiah 9:6-7).

But we can wish peace to each other because that is what we wish for on earth, for there to be peace. :)

I forgot the link to the article :)
http://lifehopeandtruth.com/prophecy/prophets/prophets-of-the-bible/isaiah-the-prophet/