Letting go

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Everything that is being written on this thread is really great advice and it is something that we can take with us and use IN OUR FUTURE. We have loved and lost. Now it is time to learn. So we do. Now we know what to do differently in our future.

BUT! How do you get over the loss... As Aapa has written here... When you have done nothing wrong. When we feel victimised... What brings peace? And more importantly how long does it take! (personal experience needed to answer this question)

are you serious ?

Ahsen

Assalaam walaikum,

I am glad you wrote that..because the opposite of that is the nature of this thread. What happens when you have done nothing wrong and you have been wronged. How do you get over it.

Well.We have to get over it.When one bad thing hits us we may find 5 good things in the line waiting for us.

Or as some people say"Trust in Allah.He won't let you down"

It depends on how hurt a person is.What he lost and in what way.But the satisfying thing is that there is aakhira and our pain and suffering in this world might help us in aakhira.

Somehow you gotta bring good things out of nowhere to cheer you up.That's what i do.That's what i have experienced.

S

Sister Zohra

Assalaam walaikum,

I am glad you wrote that..because the opposite of that is the nature of this thread. What happens when you have done nothing wrong and you have been wronged. How do you get over it.

Everything that is being written on this thread is really great advice and it is something that we can take with us and use IN OUR FUTURE. We have loved and lost. Now it is time to learn. So we do. Now we know what to do differently in our future.

BUT! How do you get over the loss... As Aapa has written here... When you have done nothing wrong. When we feel victimised... What brings peace? And more importantly how long does it take! (personal experience needed to answer this question)

Assalamu Alaikum,

I have not gone through a similar enough experience (yet) to give you the answers to those questions but perhaps we can take a look at the example of our beloved Prophet (SAW).

In the Year of Sorrow he lost his first wife and loved friend, Khadijah; and his uncle and protector, Abu Talib. After Abu Talib died the disbelieving Makkans didn't hold back their constant attacks and the Apostle of Allah suffered even more. What did he ever do wrong? He only wanted people to do good and believe in Tawheed. In one instance, someone threw filth on him and his daughter would cry while cleaning his head. Do you know what he said? "Do not weep my little girl, for Allah will protect your father." After all that happened to him, he had an unbreakable trust that God would protect him. When he tried to find protection in the city of Ta'if, he was put in even more physical danger. Not only did they deny him protection, he was ridiculed and was pelted with stones. Sadly our Prophet leaned on a wall on the edge of the town and said this beautiful du'aa': " O Allah, to Thee I complain of my weakness, helplessness and lowliness before men. 0 Most Merciful, Thou art the Lord of the weak, and Thou art my Lord. To whom wouldst Thou leave my fate? To a stranger who insults me or to an enemy to whom Thou hast given power over me? If Thou art not angry with me, I care not what happens to me. Thy favor alone is my objective. I take refuge in the Light of Thy countenance by which the darkness is illumined and on which this world and the other depend, lest Thy anger descend upon me or Thy wrath light upon me. It is for Thee to be satisfied until Thou art well pleased. There is no power and no might save through Thee." SubhanAllah. The wall happened to belong to two brothers who took pity on him and fed him. Their servant, 'Addas became Muslim upon meeting and learning that Muhammad was a Prophet. He then walked back to Makkah and was ready to put with anything patiently for he knew Allah would never leave him. His journey was not in vain as 'Addas became Muslim and this was to be the start of great changes.

Verily, the path of Muslims is not to be easy but we should have trust in Allah and seek refuge with him alone. When we are wronged, let us never forget the power of du'aa' and remember how much Allah loves when his servants go through Jihad in his sake.

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Assalaam walaikum,

Never forget the power of dua and the medicine of dua.

:salam2:
I was just about to reiterate this point mentioned above by Sister Zohra.
Thank you both.. The story above about the Prophet sallalahu alaihi wassalam is a beautiful one and that dua is worth writing down and making.
Im finding such relief in my salaah and my dua.
I know Allah is with me and I know that with strength and patience from Allah I will pull through. I may not understand now, or ever but I accept and I trust Allah.
Thank you all for your advice and dua.

strive-may-i

Holding a cup of water

Too much of Hurry, Worry and Curry they say is bad :). I happened to say that to an acquaintance I know...So that made me reflect , and recollect this thread...

So we all need water, or cup of tea/coffee. So what we do is, go to water bottle or pitcher, take an empty glass or cup, pour the water, drink. Keep the glass/cup there, clean it, and get back to what we were doing... Fearing we might feel thirsty, do we always, hold on to cup in our prominent hand wherever we go? We dont, because its inconvenient, worse still if we held on to that cup and always kept it filled with water, then we would have to always hold the cup in our prominent hand (some are left handed), and take enough care to make sure it does not spill... The hand might develop a cramp too, in effect one of our hand would become dysfunctional....
Same applies to worries in life, its best to let go... after its done with once. A mind that does not let go can become dysfunctional, so let go...
(This I recollect hearing/reading... )

But on other hand, our Imaan is like the cup and the water in it, its best to take great care of it, and never let it go! keep it close to yourself, where nothing destroys the Imaan in the soul(cup) and always striving to fill Soul with more Imaan, without flashing it.

Hope this too helps , us all :)

Jazakallaahu Khairan...

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Too much of Hurry, Worry and Curry they say is bad :). I happened to say that to an acquaintance I know...So that made me reflect , and recollect this thread...

So we all need water, or cup of tea/coffee. So what we do is, go to water bottle or pitcher, take an empty glass or cup, pour the water, drink. Keep the glass/cup there, clean it, and get back to what we were doing... Fearing we might feel thirsty, do we always, hold on to cup in our prominent hand wherever we go? We dont, because its inconvenient, worse still if we held on to that cup and always kept it filled with water, then we would have to always hold the cup in our prominent hand (some are left handed), and take enough care to make sure it does not spill... The hand might develop a cramp too, in effect one of our hand would become dysfunctional....
Same applies to worries in life, its best to let go... after its done with once. A mind that does not let go can become dysfunctional, so let go...
(This I recollect hearing/reading... )

But on other hand, our Imaan is like the cup and the water in it, its best to take great care of it, and never let it go! keep it close to yourself, where nothing destroys the Imaan in the soul(cup) and always striving to fill Soul with more Imaan, without flashing it.

Hope this too helps , us all :)

Jazakallaahu Khairan...

:salam2: Brother,

What a great analogy! Really makes you understand the whole situation...

How complex our brains and hearts are when we think without Allah. But how simple and easy it all becomes the moment Allah entered our minds! All excuses fall away. "I can't" no longer exists.
SubhanAllah!

Anam Ahmed

Now I realise...

:salam2:
It is good when you re facing difficulties, many that you face throughout life and some that you just leave a tear of,to have someone reminding you,that you have to let go.Reading this made me remember the things I had to go through with.For example, My grandmother died some years back and up till some months I had been crying, many people told me to let them go.But then I thought the only reason they would tell me to let them go was because they are my family.
Now when my elders, and my brothers and sisters of Faith tell me the same.I know that some things just have to change and we have to deal with it.
I would like to thank Aapa for sharing this to me and everyone else, because it helps a lot.