Listen to Me reading Quraan .. Hope you like it

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
sa
yes brother, i personally dont like the way abdul basit r.a recites. To slow and to high pitch and keep repeating ajahs. Most suffis recite quran that way. I can't stand that when people say at the end of every ajat "Allaaaaaahu akbar" innovation. Recite like al asafi, ghamidi, anajmi, sudais. brother has beatiful voice, he should just speed up a slight little more, it would be even much better. Keep it up brother and make it sencere for Allah only.

wa

:salam2:

I kind of understand what you say. Whats important is that people not just blindly copy what a person does, i.e if you have seen some of these people, when they reciter they put their hands next to their ears to hear how they sound or they move their hands infront of their mouths etc. Or as you state, when the people say Allahu Akbar and shout or clap, This is bid'ah. Innovation. It does take away a bit from the beauty of the recitation.

And in the past Abdul Baset Abdus Samad would sit alongside Umm Kulthum. A very famous Arab Singer from Egypt. She too, would recite Quran on stage alongside him, infront of crowds of hookah smoking Egyptians.

However, we should be careful. Because, Abdul Baset Abdus Samad is well known for his very excellent tajweed. This, we can not take away from him. He had Isnaad (chain of narration) going back to the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. He was one of the best reciters we had in the 20th Century. He was hafiz of Quran in many different recitation styles together with isnaad and ijaaza from great Quran Scholars of the past.

The Isnaad is Isnaad... and if they recite in specific way, each letter and elongation is done with evidence. This is what we accept, as they have the permission to teach it. So, everything is done in accordance with the Isnaad, even how each letter is pronounced and the position of the tongue, the lips is done in a way that is in accordance with their teacher and so on -- and this is traced back through the isnaad all the way to the Prophet Muhammad :saw:.

When a person reads slow, it is much harder, because he is more open to making mistakes. The mistakes are more audible. Also, its from Sunnah to read slowly and nicely.

Sudais, Ashuraym, Shatiri Muhaisini etc, may well sound nice, and read quick, but they are frequently make mistakes, and they do not have Isnaad to the Prophet :saw:.

They are not at all at same level or can be compared with the Scholars like Shaykh Abdul Baset Abdus Samad (rahimahullah), Shaykh Hosari (rahimahullah), Shaykh Manshawi (rahimahullah), Shaykh Obaid Allah al Afhgani (hafizahullah) Shaykh Hudhaifi (Hafizahullah), Muhammad Ayoob (hafizahullah) and others. These are all scholars with Isnaad going all the way back to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and the last three being upon correct aqeedah, alhamdulillah.

So, Some of them may be Sufi or do some innovation, but this doesnt take away from the accuracy of their recitation and the high standard they have in it.

Many of the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah have sat and studied with them. In our time, Shaykh Muhammad Musa Nasr (hafizahullah) for example, one of the students of Shaykh Albani (rahimahullah) his quran teacher had studied with Shaykh Abdul Baset Abdus Samad and with Hosari. and has got Ijaaza (permission to teach) from them. So, he too made use of their knowledge and isnaad.

- So, if someone wants memorise Quran or read Quran with good Tajweed, then you must get the tapes of the people who are best in tajweed. Ideally, you must seek good Imam to sit with and learn with, and the best of them are those who have an Isnaad. And find people who have good Aqeedah. That have good clear belief in Allah and his attributes in accordance with Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama3ah.

muharram23

Staff member

I kind of understand what you say. Whats important is that people not just blindly copy what a person does, i.e if you have seen some of these people, when they reciter they put their hands next to their ears to hear how they sound or they move their hands infront of their mouths etc. Or as you state, when the people say Allahu Akbar and shout or clap, This is bid'ah. Innovation. It does take away a bit from the beauty of the recitation.

And in the past Abdul Baset Abdus Samad would sit alongside Umm Kulthum. A very famous Arab Singer from Egypt. She too, would recite Quran on stage alongside him, infront of crowds of hookah smoking Egyptians.

However, we should be careful. Because, Abdul Baset Abdus Samad is well known for his very excellent tajweed. This, we can not take away from him. He had Isnaad (chain of narration) going back to the Prophet Muhammad :saw:. He was one of the best reciters we had in the 20th Century. He was hafiz of Quran in many different recitation styles together with isnaad and ijaaza from great Quran Scholars of the past.

The Isnaad is Isnaad... and if they recite in specific way, each letter and elongation is done with evidence. This is what we accept, as they have the permission to teach it. So, everything is done in accordance with the Isnaad, even how each letter is pronounced and the position of the tongue, the lips is done in a way that is in accordance with their teacher and so on -- and this is traced back through the isnaad all the way to the Prophet Muhammad :saw:.

When a person reads slow, it is much harder, because he is more open to making mistakes. The mistakes are more audible. Also, its from Sunnah to read slowly and nicely.

Sudais, Ashuraym, Shatiri Muhaisini etc, may well sound nice, and read quick, but they are frequently make mistakes, and they do not have Isnaad to the Prophet :saw:.

They are not at all at same level or can be compared with the Scholars like Shaykh Abdul Baset Abdus Samad (rahimahullah), Shaykh Hosari (rahimahullah), Shaykh Manshawi (rahimahullah), Shaykh Obaid Allah al Afhgani (hafizahullah) Shaykh Hudhaifi (Hafizahullah), Muhammad Ayoob (hafizahullah) and others. These are all scholars with Isnaad going all the way back to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and the last three being upon correct aqeedah, alhamdulillah.

So, Some of them may be Sufi or do some innovation, but this doesnt take away from the accuracy of their recitation and the high standard they have in it.

Many of the scholars of Ahlus Sunnah have sat and studied with them. In our time, Shaykh Muhammad Musa Nasr (hafizahullah) for example, one of the students of Shaykh Albani (rahimahullah) his quran teacher had studied with Shaykh Abdul Baset Abdus Samad and with Hosari. and has got Ijaaza (permission to teach) from them. So, he too made use of their knowledge and isnaad.

- So, if someone wants memorise Quran or read Quran with good Tajweed, then you must get the tapes of the people who are best in tajweed. Ideally, you must seek good Imam to sit with and learn with, and the best of them are those who have an Isnaad. And find people who have good Aqeedah. That have good clear belief in Allah and his attributes in accordance with Aqeedah of Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama3ah.

salamu alaykum
Jazakallahu khairen akhi for correction. Oh, alhamdulillah u mentioned musa nasr. I met him 2 weeks ago in chicago. He came 2months after shaykh hisam al arif. Barakallahu feek

wa

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
salamu alaykum
Jazakallahu khairen akhi for correction. Oh, alhamdulillah u mentioned musa nasr. I met him 2 weeks ago in chicago. He came 2months after shaykh hisam al arif. Barakallahu feek

wa

Assalamu alaykum,

haha, that is funny, because i had met him in his Masjid, the day before he left for Chicago. Small world..

Abu Hannah

Slave of Allah
Striving for Ilm

Thanks for all the information on tajweed and methods of recitation. Wow, a lot of us have a long way to go in understanding the nitty grittys of these areas. May Allah reward you all for sharing this knowledge with us, and may Allah keep us all striving for Ilm.

khalid85

Qari
Special thanks to brother Mabsoot for the info he wrote, but you forgot brother to leave a comment on the recitation in terms of Tajweed and Telawa in general.
My thanks also to those who added more info on Tajweed. May Allah reward you Jannat Naieem.. Ameen

Ws

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Special thanks to brother Mabsoot for the info he wrote, but you forgot brother to leave a comment on the recitation in terms of Tajweed and Telawa in general.
My thanks also to those who added more info on Tajweed. May Allah reward you Jannat Naieem.. Ameen

Ws

:wasalam:

It sounded nice, I didnt hear any mistakes, but i am definitely not qualified to give comment on tajweed. hehe May Allah reward you brother and give you jannatul firdaus. amin

We should all definitely try our best in reading Quran. Every Muslim must be close to the Quran, and to make a time to memorise the Quran and to study and read it. There really no excuse for a Muslim to not touch or read the Quran in the day. Certainly if someone doesnt read it then there is something very lacking in their Iman. So, if there brothers or sisters who have trouble reciting or understanding the quran, they must find help. Allah help us all.

wasalam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
sa
how come we dont get to meet in that small world :)

wa

assalamu alaykum,

there would not be anything more nice than meet my brother in Islam.

InshaAllah. I hope one day. May Allah give us that pleasure. I would rather we meet in the land of Islam, preferably in One of the Three holy Masajid.

May Allah help us be good Muslims and make us all unite upon the true way. That of the Quran and Sunnah with understanding of the Salaf Salih (Pious predecessors).

wasalam.

muharram23

Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

there would not be anything more nice than meet my brother in Islam.

InshaAllah. I hope one day. May Allah give us that pleasure. I would rather we meet in the land of Islam, preferably in One of the Three holy Masajid.

May Allah help us be good Muslims and make us all unite upon the true way. That of the Quran and Sunnah with understanding of the Salaf Salih (Pious predecessors).

wasalam.

ameeeeeeeeeeeen

khalid85

Qari
JazakAllah Khair brother Mabsoot for your comments on my Telwah.

May Allah reward you and us Jannat. Ameen

I would rather we meet in the land of Islam, preferably in One of the Three holy Masajid.
Make sure if you guys planning to do Umrah or Hajj let me know so i can see you there inshallah in Makkah or Madina :)

ws