Live in Jordan?

I.Iman

My family is considering moving to my husbands country, Jordan.

Can anyone tell me about Jordan?

Of course it is a bit nervous since we are used to live in west, and me and my children from before are born here. Any advices??

Jazakallah kheir

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

I have lived there for the last 4 years. What would you like to know ?

It has beautiful scenery and there are some nice mosques. Also, there are classes for reverts and a little community there, where the sisters learn Arabic and also discuss Islam. That is in the capital Amman. I can give you some more details if you decide to go. As long as you make some friends with the revert sisters there you will be fine.

Everyone has different experiences according to their circumstances. - Jordan has a lot of corruption throughout, even though they claim it does not exist.

There are malls and the usual shops just like in the West. However, Jordan is very expensive and the service you receive is terrible... and people feel no shame in lying and making excuses and are very unprofessional - in all aspects of the life there. THis is due to the lack of accountability and transparency in the system where people are given jobs and positions due to connections and bribery.

Wasalam