Longevity Of Ancient People?

I read in a islamic article that apparently the ancient people had massive lives. They lived for thousands of years. They were apparently massive in size too. Adam was 60 feet tall, Pharaoh Namrud was err 40 feet tall....I'm sort of confused about this. Is this information true? And even then how is that even possible? I mean as far as we know people never really lived much longer than they do now. I mean wasn't Namrud the king about 4000-5000 years ago? I'm pretty sure we know the people of that time weren't taller than elephants......Would appreciate someone clearing this up for me.

strive-may-i

I read in a islamic article that apparently the ancient people had massive lives. They lived for thousands of years. They were apparently massive in size too. Adam was 60 feet tall, Pharaoh Namrud was err 40 feet tall....I'm sort of confused about this. Is this information true? And even then how is that even possible? I mean as far as we know people never really lived much longer than they do now. I mean wasn't Namrud the king about 4000-5000 years ago? I'm pretty sure we know the people of that time weren't taller than elephants......Would appreciate someone clearing this up for me.
The preserved skeleton found in the sea, Do you know about it?

About the article you read, how does an article become 'Islamic'? By your name - "A muslim Brother" ?

Let me set you in another direction, there are some who claim that if the imperfections were removed, humans could easily live for 1000 years. You must be aware of this too.

The preserved skeleton found in the sea, Do you know about it?

About the article you read, how does an article become 'Islamic'? By your name - "A muslim Brother" ?

Let me set you in another direction, there are some who claim that if the imperfections were removed, humans could easily live for 1000 years. You must be aware of this too.

I meant it was an islamic article because it said something along the lines of "Prophet Adam (as) lived for over 2000 years and was 60 cubit feet in size" And maybe i should rephrase that I found it in a small book and I am somewhat unsure about the authenticity of this claim even from a Islamic perspective. I was just asking if this fact is true according to any authentic Islamic source. And no don't know about the skeleton or the other thing you mentioned :/. Some more info would help. Thanks

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Bump.....An answer to this would be really helpful :/

aslam o alaikum wr wb

When Allah created Adam and breathed into him, he sneezed. He said: Praise be to Allah, by His permission. At this, his Lord said to him: “Your Lord has bestowed mercy on you. O Adam! Go to those angels sitting there and greet them.” So Adam said: As salaamu ‘alaykum (peace be upon you). They responded to him. Then he came back to his Lord. Allah said: “It will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring.”

Allah said, having made His Hands closed: “Select any one of them.” Adam said: “I select the right hand and both the hands of my Lord are right and blessed.” Then Allah spread it. There was Adam and his generation. Adam asked: “O Lord! Who are these people?” Allah said: “They are your children.” Every human being’s life is written between his eyes. Among them was a man with the brightest face. For him was written only forty years of age. Adam said: “O Lord! Who is this fellow?” Allah said: “This is your son Dawood [David]. His life span is written forty years.” Adam said: “O Lord! Increase his age.” Allah said: “This is what I have written down for him.” He said: “Then I give him sixty years of my age.” Allah said: “This is between you and him. Live in Paradise.”

He lived there as long as Allah wished. Then he was descended from it to earth. Adam was counting his age. Then the angel of death came to him. Adam said to him: “You have come earlier. For me, one thousand years have been written.” The angel said: “Yes, but out of them you have given sixty years to your son Dawood.” Adam denied that so his successors also denied. He forgot, so his successors also forgot. From that day, Allah ordered writing down and making witnesses (for pledges).

(This hadith is sound and reported by Ibn Abi Asim, Ibn Hibbaan and Hakim in his mustadrak.)
So the actual age of Adam (as) that he lived for in this world was 940

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created Adam in His own image with His length of sixty cubits, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adarn, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day. (Muslim Book 40 Hadith 6809)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. When He created him, He said to him, "Go and greet that group of angels, and listen to their reply, for it will be your greeting (salutation) and the greeting (salutations of your offspring." So, Adam said (to the angels), As-Salamu Alaikum (i.e. Peace be upon you). The angels said, "As-salamu Alaika wa Rahmatu-l-lahi" (i.e. Peace and Allah's Mercy be upon you). Thus the angels added to Adam's salutation the expression, 'Wa Rahmatu-l-lahi,' Any person who will enter Paradise will resemble Adam (in appearance and figure). People have been decreasing in stature since Adam's creation.
[ Sahih bukhari : Book 60, Hadith 1]

Brother regarding the above hadith, the scholar when he was explaining this hadith, he told us that there are no evidence that people use to be taller, those giant people that picture were spread were actually fake if you look up on them. There is no fossil evidence of human decreasing in size, and part of our faith is believing in that which we have no tangible proof for [as of yet]. The sheikh said it could mean that Adam (as) was that tall in jannah and then become normal human size and we will be back to Adam (as) size when people go to jannah (may Allah swt grant us jannah - ameen) or hell fire ( may Allah (swt) save us from it - ameen )

thats the information i have on them inshAllah if you find something different please share

JazakAllah khair

hope your question is answered regarding evidence from hadith

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

From Quran, Prophet Nooh
"And We certainly sent Noah to his people, and he remained among them a thousand years minus fifty years, and the flood seized them while they were wrongdoers." [Quran 29:14]

What we know is that the lifespan of the people at that time was a fraction of the time that Nooh spent in calling his people, and we do not know how long the people of those generations lived.

I found it in a small book
And the book is?