LOVE OF THE PROPHET AND ITS 4 MAJOR SIGNS

maryam2k7

maryam
Bismillah Ar Rahman Nir Raheem

The 4 main Signs for loving the Prophet (SAW):

1.Concern for seeing and keeping the Prophet (SAW) company. Thus, the loss of these 2 concerns would be worse than the loss of anything in this world.
2.Total willingness to sacrifice oneself and his wealth for him.
3.Following his orders and leaving what is prohibited.
4.To make his Sunnah victorious and to protect Shari’ah.

Related by Bukhari (10/557) and Muslim (3/2034) “Abdullah bin Mas’ood said ‘O Messenger Of Allah! What do you say of a man who loves a people and never joins them?’ The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said ‘ The Person will be with those whom he loves’

Whoever lacks some or all of these signs should hold himself to account before he is held account on a Day which will turn the hair of the children grey (The Day of Resurrection) Nothing will be hidden from Allah, The Most High and he (the slave) will not consider or attempt to deceive Allah and the believers, because whoever deceives Allah will only deceive himself as Allah says: “They think to deceive Allah and those who believe will only deceive themselves and perceive not.” (Baqarah: 9)

The First Sign

It is a Goal that everyone wishes for to see the face of Rasullalah, whoever loves him, must long to see him and devote himself to accompanying him in this world and the next.
He would be honoured to gaze at his face but also saddened with fear that he may be forbidden from this. In the following are some of the great instances of true devotees to Muhammad (SAW), which will demonstrate these characteristics.

For example when the Prophet made Hijra to Madinah the people of Madinah would go out and wait at Al-Harrah every morning for the Rasullalah till the heat of the noon forced them away. (Bukhari recorded from Urwah Bin Ar-Zubayr)

Another example is when the Prophet said ‘Whoever enters the house of Abu-Sufyaan will be safe’
The Ansaar whispered amongst themselves amazed at what the Prophet (SAW) had said. At this moment revelation came and the Prophet (SAW) said ‘O you Assembly of Ansaar you were saying that love for his city and tenderness for his people have overpowered this man, no never I am a slave of Allah and I am His messenger. I migrated to Allah and to you. I shall live with you and die with you.’

The Ansaar crying said ‘ We said that because of our reluctance to give up Allah and His Messenger.’

The Prophet replied ‘ Allah and His Messenger believe you and excuse you.’

The Second Sign:

Anyone who really loves the Prophet (SAW) would sacrifice anything for him, those who came after the Prophet (SAW) companions were in grief because they had missed this great happiness. I shall now mention some of these great instances.

After the archers in the battle of Uhud had left their positions, they was chaos and confusion in the Islamic forces. The Prophet (SAW) asked the Ansaar ‘Who will go and fight.’
Talha said ‘I will’ The Prophet (SAW) said ‘you stay where you are’ and instead one of the men from the Ansaar went and fought till he died, then the Prophet (SAW) asked again ‘who will go fight’ and again Talha said ‘ I will once again the Prophet (SAW) said ‘ you stay where you are’ so instead, one of the men from the Ansaar went and fought till he died. This carried on till only the Prophet (SAW) and Talha remained. Then the Prophet (SAW) gave him permission to go and fight.
Talha fought till he had cuts all over his body and his fingers had been chopped off.
The Prophet (SAW) said ‘If you had said
Bismillah before fighting angels would have lifted you into the air’ at this point Allah drove back the Kafir. Eleven men died to protect the Prophet (SAW) and the last fought the fight of the eleven before him till he cut his hand.

Abu Dawood AT Tayaalisee related from Aaisha radiallahuan that Abu-Bakr said ‘ Talha had at least 70 wounds from cuts, arrows and stabs.’

Another example is when the Quraysh asked who will die for the Prophets (SAW) sake, five men got up and they were all killed and only one remained (Zayyd or Ammarah) and he fought till a group of Muslims drove them away. He died whilst leaning on The Prophets foot.

The Third Sign:

To love someone you must obey them here are some stories about the companions of the Prophet (SAW) that show obedience.
Bukhari related from al-Baraa that the Prophet (SAW) prayed in the direction of Jerusalem for 16-17 months after migrating to Madinah till it was revealed to face the Kaabah.
A man prayed with the Prophet, when he had finished the man went to a group of the Ansaar and told them that the Prophet faced the Kaabah to pray, the men turned to face the Kaabah whilst in ruku for Asr.
Another Story reported by Bukhari from Anas bin Malik was when three men came to the Prophet (SAW) one after another informing him of donkeys being slaughtered and eaten, he ordered a caller to announce the Prophet (SAW) and Allah forbid the eating of Domestic Donkeys.
The People overturned the pots whilst they were still cooking on the fires.

The Fourth Sign:

A person must sacrifice for the same reason as his hero, the Messenger devote his life to delivering Allah’s message, so we must also. I shall now inform you of some ways that this has been done.
Ibn Hashaam related that when the People gave up in thought that the Prophet (SAW) had been killed. Anas Bin An-Nadr said ‘what are you doing with your lives get up and fight for the same cause as our Prophet (SAW).
Another example is When As-Sideeq said’ If they do not pay be a bridle of that which they used to pay the Prophet (SAW) I will fight them because of their refusal. (Reported by Muslim)

Warning

If you want to go to heaven then you must love the Prophet. However you must not praise him excessively i.e. celebrate his birthday or call him God, as this is Shirk!!!!!

(INFORMATION FROM:LOVE OF THE PROPHET (saw) AND ITS SIGNS BY SHAIKH FADL ELAHI