Lover’s Prayer

sheikhonderun

This is an excerpt from one of Tariq Masood’s speeches. Its translated more or less meaning.

Questioner asks to obtain girl I made lots of prayer in latter parts of night. I didn’t have an unlawful relationship. Despite my sincere efforts I wasn’t able to obtain her. But I believe that Allah will provide me someone better.

Sheikh replies this happens quite a bit. Truly difficult situation. You prayed all this time despite your efforts in the end you are not able to obtain her.

In the Quran Allah says “Or shall man have what he wishes?” (53:24)

This is rhetorical question. Answer to which is what man wishes doesn’t happen all the time.

Truly whatever prayers you have made in night we hope Allah out of his mercy accepts them.

If that individual was not meant for you, you will get someone better.

Did I not say we should think positive? Firstly we should have positive opinion of Allah.

The Prophet (saw) said, “Allah says: ‘I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him).”

Allah forbid that you think Allah intended bad for me because of your perspective it will be bad. Rather have positive thought that whatever happened is for my best.

It could be that you got married to her. Rather than being source of happiness she tortures you.

Allah will provide you someone better.

And it could be that the one you do get married to, she is not better and is torturing you. So one will ask has Allah truly provided me someone better?

We have to believe Allah knowledge is perfect and our intellect is deficient.

“it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know.”(2:216)

Meaning of having faith is to believe whatever occurring in my life is nothing but good.

My other advice or request in late parts of night avail opportunity to pray for forgiveness. Wouldn’t that be better? Focus on obtaining forgiveness of Allah.

https://sheikhonderun.wordpress.com/2021/04/16/lovers-prayer/