Low Iman

Sister Nur

Assalamu Alaikum,
I post here today to ask for help. During the last week my Iman has been suffering. I feel like I am troubled and cannot seem to boost my faith. I feel terrible about this since it is Ramadan but I cannot help but feel lost right now. If anyone has any ideas on how I can increase my Iman, I would be very welcome to any ideas.

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
how to increase your Iman

:salam2:
Shaykh ABdul Aziz Ibn Baz was asked how to increase the Iman and he answered :
We advise you to recite the Qur'aan frequently and that you increase in your hearing of it and in your recitation of it. Reflect and consider its meaning to the best of your ability and what you do not understand of it, then ask the people of knowledge of your country about it, or write to those outside of your country from the Scholars of Sunnah (Prophetic guidance).

We also advise you to increase in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allaah with such remembrances and supplications that are authentically related, such as saying laa ilaaha illallaah (that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah), or saying subhaanallaah wal-hamdulillaah wa laa ilaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar (declaring Allaah free from all imperfections, praising Him and declaring that none has the right to be worshipped except Him and that He is greater), and their like. For this purpose, we urge you to refer to books such as al-Kalimut-Tayyib of Ibn Taymiyyah, al-Waabilus-Sayyib of Ibn al-Qayyim, Riyaadhus-Saaliheen and al-Adhkaar both by Imaam an-Nawawee, and their like. This is because the remembrance of Allaah increases eemaan (faith) and causes hearts to attain tranquility, as Allaah - the Most High - said: "Indeed in the remembrance of Allaah do hearts find tranquility." [Soorah ar-Ra`d 13:28].

Also preserve your five daily Prayers, your Fasting and the rest of your obligations - along with hoping in Allaah's mercy and forgiveness and relying upon Him in all your affairs. Allaah - the Most High - said: "The Believers are only those who, when Allaah is mentioned, feel a fear in the hearts, and when His Verses are recited to them, it increases their eemaan (faith), and they put their trust and rely upon Allaah alone. They are those who perform the Prayer and spend out of that which We have given them, they are Believers in truth. For them are grades of dignity and nobility with their Lord, and also forgiveness and generous provisions." [Soorah al-Anfaal 8:2-4] .

may Allah be with you sister .
:salam2:

ayman

La Ilaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Healing the weak Iman

Healing the weak Iman, feeling Allahs Might, by knowing His Names and Attributes

by Sheikh Mohammad Saleh Almounajjid
Healing the Weak Iman - Feeling Allah’s Might, by knowing His names and Attributes and studying their meanings and filling the heart with these meanings
2 – Feeling Allah’s Might, by knowing His names and Attributes and studying their meanings and filling the heart with these meanings, will show its effect on the heart and then on the limbs. The deeds will then be a spokesman for the heart, for the heart is the leader of the body, if the leader is strong, his soldiers will also be strong, and if the leader is weak, the soldiers will be weak in turn.

Texts of the Quran and Sunnah that describe Allah are in abundance. When the Muslim reads these texts, he will feel humility when confronted with Allah’s Might, and then this humility will lead him to be an even better slave of Allah, Allah willing. The Quran and Sunnah describe Allah as the Great, the Irresistible, the Most Powerful, the Compeller, the Most High, Able of Retribution, the Mighty, the All-Strong, the Supreme, etc. Also, Allah is the Ever Living God Who does not die, while mankind and the Jinns die, the Dominant above and the Supreme over His slaves, the One Whom the thunder praises and the angels fear, the One Who sustains everything, Whose Knowledge encompasses all things and the One Who uncovers all secrets of the hearts. Also, Allah described Himself with Knowledge, "And with Him are the keys of Al-Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is on the earth and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record." [6:59]

Allah also described His Might, when He said, want translated means, "They made not just estimate of Allah as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand." [39:67]

In this regard, the Messenger of Allah said, what translated means, "Allah will grasp the earth on the Day of Resurrection and will roll up the heavens in His Right, then He will say, "I am the King! Where are the kings of the earth?" [Al-Bukhari]

Furthermore, the believer should feel humility in his heart with regards to Allah’s Might, when he reads the story of Moses, who said, as was mentioned in the Quran, "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon you." [7:143], and Allah answered him with, "’You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain if it stands still in its place, then you shall see Me.’ So when his Lord appeared to the mountain, He made it collapse to dust, and Moses fell down unconscious." [7:143]

The Messenger also described Allah, as "His veil is Light, if He unveils it, the Light of His Face will burn all what His Sight reaches (which is everything!)" [Muslim] Also, the Messenger of Allah described what happens when Allah decrees a matter, "When Allah decrees a matter in the heavens, the angels will gather their wings in humility for (the revealing of) His Decree, which is (sounds) just like the chain when it slides over a barren rock. Until when fear is banished from their hearts, they say, ‘What is it that your Lord has said?’ They say, ‘The Truth. And He s the Most High, the Most Great.’" [Al-Bukhari]

The Texts on this subject are available in abundance. It is always of great benefit, especially with regards to curing weak Iman, to feel the Greatness of Allah when reading these Texts.

Excerpted from the book "The Weakening of Faith - Its Symptoms - Causes & Cure"
© 1997 The Daar of Islamic Heritage

fendi_ibrahim

Dear Sister Nur,,

Assalam-o-'alaikom....

How are you? May Allah help you always in anything you've gone trough. I'm not a man with strong iman either. Who can confirm that, right? But, Your worries on your iman a good things. You can follow what others have advice you such as brother Ayman and others. Other thing you can do to feel strong..is by meeting your other muslim friends near your hometown. Talk to them..and do some activities with them. Thats all....

-just a humble advice from a humble person-

Karachi_prince

inshalla you should use ramadan as an excellent opportunity to boost iman, before you go to bed do some dhikr, and read the Quran along with translation. I often feel that if my iman ever drops low this is what works for me.

Inshalla it should work for you to.

Akilah

InshAllah this is just a passing phase

Assalam Alaikum and Ramadan Mubarak!

InshAllah this will just be a passing phase for you, as I know that many Muslims often experience something of this nature at some point or another, usually it's not actually directly related to your actual faith persay, but more so bc you are discontent in your life right now or perhaps feel bored. Of course there are a ton of other reasons as well, like for me, when I started studying science in school I was very concerned about my Iman.

Here are some tips that I think will help InshAllah:
1. Continue making salat, but try and reflect on the meanings of what it is you are reading for each part of salat, and ensure that there are no distractions are u.

2. Try offering salat in your backyard... being in touch with nature is very important as we should appreciate Allah SWT'S creations. I know that it is best for a woman to pray in a corner of her home, but it is not a fard, and "desperate times call for desperate measures:)"

3. I live in Canada so here the colours of the leaves are changing... not sure about where u are, but go out sometime, and just sit outside, perhaps with a book, religious or non, and enjoy your surroundings. Look up at the sky, and all around you and think about "Who Made this"?
4. Go out with practicing Muslims, or if you don't have Muslim friends, go to an iftar at your masjid and mix and mingle with the sisters.
5. Talk to the Imam, if this is of grave concern, Imam's usually offer various counselling services.
6. Listen to Islamic music that is uplifting.
7. Ask Allah to remove this trouble that you are experiencing and to open up your heart. Tell Allah that you do not want to be a munafiq and that you are very worried, there's nothing wrong with talking to Allah just as you would a friend, and explaing everything ur experiencing to him... besides, it's not like he doesn't know anyway right?!
8. InshAllah everything will be fine my sister, my duas are with you.