LOWER YOUR GAZE !!!

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2:

Surah an-NOOR : verse 30 - 31

24_30.png

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.

24_31.png

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss.

[yt]LiYmKMFuUjg[/yt]​

Practical tips to lower your gaze

Discover the beauty and serenity of lowering you gaze by following some of these tips, remember to keep your dealings with Allah(SWT), and by lowering your gaze you are pleasing the almighty.

* Keep in mind that Allah is watching you,
40_19.png

(Allah) knows of (the tricks) that deceive with the eyes, and all that the hearts (of men) conceal. (Sura Al-Ghafir:verse 19 )

* Practice makes perfect, Strive and train yourself to lower you gaze.
29_69.png

And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.(Surah Al-Ankabut:Verse 69)

* Prevention is key. Avoid places where you might be exposed to temptation.

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:
The Prophet said, 'Beware! Avoid sitting on the roads." They (the people) said, "O Allah s Apostle! We can't help sitting (on the roads) as these are (our places) here we have talks." The Prophet said, ' l f you refuse but to sit, then pay the road its right ' They said, "What is the right of the road, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, 'Lowering your gaze, refraining from harming others, returning greeting, and enjoining what is good, and forbidding what is evil."

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 74 :: Hadith 248

* Keep the company of good people, make a pact with your friends that you will lower you gaze and watch out for each other, if one of you slips, remind them.

Narrated 'Abdullah:
We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

Bukhari :: Book 7 :: Volume 62 :: Hadith 4

:jazaak:

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
::salam2:

thank you brother this is really benefitial
may Allah bless you with more religious knowledge inshallah

jazakAllah khair

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

jazaak Allah khair ansari bhai.:)

i read somewhere that we men have learnt how to win in battlefields but we are still zero when comes to women's beauty.

also one scholar said that women dont wear veil because they are weak, but we men are weak. we dont have power to lower our gaze everytime.

how true!

ximkoyra

I forget where/who, but I read/heard that "lower your gaze" actually has the meaning of lessening the intensity of your gaze, i.e. not staring lustfully. I don't know Arabic so could someone clarify? Is it possible to get that meaning from that verse?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
:wasalam:,

also one scholar said that women dont wear veil because they are weak, but we men are weak. we dont have power to lower our gaze everytime.

how true!

so true for me also..
especially in a country like Germany
fitnah every where.. i being a bachelor , only Allah knows how much difficult it is for me to control
hehehe.

may Allah bless us all.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Ive noticed a lot of muslims tend to lower their gaze for hijaabis or niqaabis but with the uncovered women they don't do that ..remember the gaze is lowered for the sake of Allaah regardless of how the woman is dressed.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullah,

I second with Sister Al-fajr. Imagine if all women in this world veils herself, then maybe men would only find pleasure by looking at the beauty of our mother's nature :) SubhanaAllaah!

The first accidental glance is forgivable as long as he does not look repeatedly at her or look deliberately; rather he carries on his way. Thats also lowering the gaze. And it applies to both men and women.

Barakallahu fikum for the post.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

JustaSisLovinLyf

passion for Islam
many brothers only lower their gaze for hijabis and niqabis when the sister doesnt see them. when she sees them they quickly lower their gaze, then wait for her to walk away so they can look at her more- especially if she is alone. i notice this all the time when im walking around.I wish brothers would fear Allah more!

thank you for posting this it was informative and a good reminder.

aisha16

So true. I notice the hijab and niqaab thing too....it's like helloo you're so obvious.....but i gues everyone has something to work on

:0

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
many brothers only lower their gaze for hijabis and niqabis when the sister doesnt see them. when she sees them they quickly lower their gaze, then wait for her to walk away so they can look at her more- especially if she is alone. i notice this all the time when im walking around.I wish brothers would fear Allah more!

brothers have to lower their gaze for niqabis. because alhamdulillah there is nothing to gaze on. :D

most of men are so weak when it comes to *girls* department. thats why Allah has encouraged women to stay at home and go out when need arises but in full veil.

Allah has created men and women different. we must acknowledge it. and yes, may Allah increase the taqwa of us brothers. ameen.

JustaSisLovinLyf

passion for Islam
brothers have to lower their gaze for niqabis. because alhamdulillah there is nothing to gaze on. :D

most of men are so weak when it comes to *girls* department. thats why Allah has encouraged women to stay at home and go out when need arises but in full veil.

Allah has created men and women different. we must acknowledge it. and yes, may Allah increase the taqwa of us brothers. ameen.

haha yea brother there isnt much to gaze on niqabis except maybe eyes. I wear niqab, and when i go out the muslim brothers try to peer into my eyes alot. non muslims i notice dont stare at my eyes, just glance and look away- but the muslim brothers i come in contact with seem eager to gaze at any part of a sister they can get their eyes on! LOL!!
its funny to me how they act, but i hope to start covering my eyes in some way.i just dont want to scare people- many americans and kids will get scared if they cant see your eyes! inshaAllah Allah may increase the Taqwa of both brothers and sisters.:biggrin:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

lol yeah well at least they lower their gaze when the sister sees them. I've come across men that not only continue to leer at me even after I glare at them, but will give me some creepy smile along with it!:astag: