lying in ISLAM

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

It was narrated that Asma’a bint Yazeed said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.”

so you can lie only in one of following cases:

1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.

2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.

3- War.

fi amani Allah

..DuA..

:wasalam:
I think it s a wrong place for this thread..
because in this part u can Introduce Yourself to this website ;)
am I wrong?
=)
also I wanna add some informations about this topic ;​

Provisions for lying in Islam

Most Muslims are familiar with the principles of Islam that will justify lying in situations where they sense the need to do so. Among these are:

War is deception.
The necessities justify the forbidden.
If faced by two evils, choose the lesser of the two.
These principles are derived from passages found in the Quran and the Hadith.

In the Quran, Allah, allegedly, says:
" Allah will not call you to account for what is futile in your oaths, but He will call you to account for your deliberate oaths: for expiation, feed ten indigent persons, on a scale of the average for the food of your families; or clothe them; or give a slave his freedom. If that is beyond your means, fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths ye have sworn. But keep to your oaths. Thus doth Allah make clear to you His signs, that ye may be grateful." Surah 5:89

"Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness (vain) in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts; and He is Oft-forgiving, Most Forbearing." Surah 2:225

"Any one who, after accepting faith in Allah, utters Unbelief, except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty." Surah 16: 106

The noted Islamic commentator, Al-Tabary explained Surah 16:106 as a verse that had been revealed to Mohammed after he learned that Ammar Ibn Yasser was forced to deny his faith in Mohammed when kidnapped by the Banu Moghera tribe. Mohammed consoled Ammar by telling him, "If they turned, you turn." (Meaning: if they again capture you, you are allowed to deny me again.)

These and similar passages from the Quran clearly reveal that Muslims' unintentional lies are forgivable and that even their intentional lies can be absolved by performing extra duties. It is also clear that if forced to do so, Muslims can lie while under oath and can even falsely deny faith in Allah, as long as they maintain the profession of faith in their hearts.

In the Hadith, Mohammed, emphasizes the same concept.

From "Ehiaa Oloum al-Din," by the famous Islamic scholar al-Ghazali, Vol. 3: PP.284-287:

One of Mohammed's daughters, Umm Kalthoum, testified that she had never heard the Apostle of Allah condone lying, except in these three situations:

For reconciliation among people.
In war.
Amongst spouses, to keep peace in the family.
One passage from the Hadith quotes Mohammed as saying: "The sons of Adam are accountable for all lies except those uttered to help bring reconciliation between Muslims."

Another says, "Aba Kahl, reconcile among people."(Meaning: even through lying.)

The following quote demonstrates the broadness of situations in which the prophet permitted lying. "The sons of Adam are accountable for all lies with these exceptions: During war because war is deception, to reconcile among two quarreling men, and for a man to appease his wife."​

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

It was narrated that Asma’a bint Yazeed said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.”

1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.

2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.

3- War.

fi amani Allah

You sure about this hadith? I wouldnt like it if my spouse was lying to me! (not that i have one mind you) Now before i get on my war horse, i think you better bring proof that this's a sahih hadith.

zbhotto

Banned
No it needs more explanation

3- War.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

These hadths are correct but abussive and not exact. But it needs correction,

1. Lieing in war in general is not permissible. But Lieing to the enmy of muslims for a musim war prisoner regarding the information of muslim army, their plan , documents etc.

2. Lieing to spouse is permissibel regarding to minor issues. Like if She/He wear a dress to please his spouse but his spouse really dont like it. He can lie. Suppose, He/She buy a gift for his/her spouse that his spouse really does not enjoy. He can lie.

But regarding to major issues, like taking bribe, eating haram, dating with girl,boy it is absolutely haram to lie.

I mentioned earlier, expalanion of Hadith Koran by sutdents is too dangerous.

zbhotto

Banned
No it needs more explanation

3- War.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

These hadths are correct but abussive and not exact. But it needs correction,

1. Lieing in war in general is not permissible. But Lieing to the enmy of muslims for a musim war prisoner regarding the information of muslim army, their plan , documents etc. permissibel

2. Lieing to spouse is permissibel regarding to minor issues. Like if She/He wear a dress to please his spouse but his spouse really dont like it. He can lie. Suppose, He/She buy a gift for his/her spouse that his spouse really does not enjoy. He can lie.

But regarding to major issues, like taking bribe, eating haram, dating with girl,boy it is absolutely haram to lie.

I mentioned earlier, expalanion of Hadith Koran by sutdents is too dangerous.

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahlatu Allahi wa barakatuh

the hadith I've posted wa narrated by Al-Tirmidi, 1939 and was classed as hassan by Shaikh Al-Albani in Sahih Al-jaami, 7723

lying in orther to reconcile between people:
it was narrated by umm kelthoom bint 'uqba that she heard the messenger of Allah(peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) say: "He is not a liar who reconciles between people and narrates somethind good or says something good." Narrated by Al-Bukhari, 2546; Muslim, 2605

lying his wife/ her husband
juste in orther to seek love and harmony

wa Allahu A'alam