who will be shown his offspring, and it will be said to them, 'This
is your father, Adam.' Adam will say (responding to the call),
'Labbaik and Sa'daik' Then Allah will say (to Adam), 'Take out of
your offspring, the people of Hell.' Adam will say, 'O Lord, how
many should I take out?' Allah will say, 'Take out ninety-nine out
of every hundred." They (the Prophet's companions) said, "O Allah's
Apostle! If ninety-nine out of every one hundred of us are taken
away, what will remain out of us?" He said, "My followers in
comparison to the other nations are like a white hair on a black ox.

Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 76 :: Hadith 536

There are many other ayats of Quran and Hadith that indicate the large number of people in Jahanam.

While i believe in Allah (swt), His Rasul (pbu), and the articles of faith without doubt, and while i can also see
the need for a Hellfire because every King has a dungeon/punishment.

What i don't understand is why Allah (swt) would create a species (humanity) majority of whom are destined for
a life of eternal punishment?

Why create a reality where the failure rate is 99%
Why create a world/test where only 1% pass

Doesn't it contradict the attributes of Allah, such as ar-Rahman, ar-Raheem, the MOST Merciful, the exceedingly Merciful ?

Also wasn't Iblis correct to suggest that he would lead majority astray ?

Finally, one other thing when i read the Quran, there are instances where Allah (swt) promises Hellfire to a certain individual, such
as Abu Lahab or Abu Jahl or Waleed bin Mughira (see tafsir Sura Mudathir) yet the entity responsible for so much evil (Shaytan/Iblis) is
not DIRECTLY promised Hellfire anywhere in Quran ?? As evil as Abu Jahl, Abu Lahab, Firon etc were, surely Iblis is more evil because he
aided/suggested their evil, surely he should have the lion's share of the punishment also ?

rizwan1

140+ views but nobody wants to think about this uncomfortable topic ?

We are not talking about one family, one community, or even one nation, but a entire species (bar 1%) thrown in Hellfire ?

As i live in the West, yesterday i was walking through a shopping mall just absolutely PACKED with people doing their shopping and
the usual hustle and bustle of a lively city, and i was thinking about this topic, and how can it be that all these people will be in Hellfire
and only a few will be cherry picked for Jannah.

It doesn't make sense.

AmmarHakim

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْأِنْسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُون and we do not create human and jins except to serve me (ibadah)

this is the best answer... do you think the war on this world is just because Allah love to this ??? no actually Allah want to know who are among his servants that are trully follow the truth path that Allah guide us in al Quran ...its all about taqwa (the feeling that Allah is watching you every single time ,that Allah knows what you do whether you are hiding it or you show it) ....

the second one is you should see this ayat verse 284 surah albaqarah .....actually im not very well speaking but if my language ill give u better explanation....may Allah guide you...thank you for being a good thinker

strive-may-i

Entire creation obeys the orders. Right from the smallest known sub atomic particle to the largest black hole. And Allah reveals in Quran about Jinn and Human as below
"I have created not the jinn and men except that they should worship Me (Alone). I seek not any provision from them nor do I ask that they should feed Me. Verily, Allah is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, Most Strong." [Quran 51:56-58]

To Stop at the limit of one's knowledge, is a good sign of wisdom. Many fail to stop, try to delve further, end up in wrong conclusions, harming their one life.

Think.

a_stranger

The most important lesson in Islam is to to know Allah subhanahu wa taala . We have two books which tells about our creator most glorified Quran and the whole being. Reading them with open heart will answer many questions of humanity , then it will drive each individual to be among the 1%. The message of Islam is a call to continuing struggle within each soul to be purified . We are not responsible to judge but each is resposible for his faith and deeds.

AmmarHakim

The most important lesson in Islam is to to know Allah subhanahu wa taala . We have two books which tells about our creator most glorified Quran and the whole being. Reading them with open heart will answer many questions of humanity , then it will drive each individual to be among the 1%. The message of Islam is a call to continuing struggle within each soul to be purified . We are not responsible to judge but each is resposible for his faith and deeds.

love your answer brother... =)

a_stranger

AlhamduliAllah brother for Islam. Islam is the answer to all questions of humanity . Islam teaches us to play our role in life in a perfect manner when we know who are we : WE are creatures, salves, poor , dependent and Allah our creator is the owner of all, absolutly rich, independent..........such knoweldge open our hearts , make us humble, wise, motivate us to be more good ....more pure. such knoweldge save our mind from going out of it`s domains and abilities. Allah is the most merciful loving , absolutly just and wise .........why anyone should worry?........if we study Quran and understand the Asmaa Alhussna : the most beautiful names of Allah this will lighten hearts with a true light and drive humans to all that is good. i invite all those who have worries and doubts to study the Asmaa Alhusnna : the most beautiful names of Allah.