marriage: parents choice or my choice?

iAmAnonymous

If my parents wants me to marry religious girl but very beautiful, wealthy and frm noble family. And i too want to marry religious one but simple, one in need (like her family do not love her or financial problems), cant practice Islam properly in her home, etc....so should i listen to my parents or not?

i want to marry my kind of girl for 3 reasons basically:

1. reward from Allah for helping a muslimah in need
2. many can marry noble, rich girls but very few go for simple and poor ones.
3. she'll be satisfied and pleased with me with whatever little i can give her.

i'll appreciate your advices.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

You are permitted to marry someone of your choice, forced marriages are haram in Islam. However always try to maintain good ties with your parents and communicate your desires and the motivation behind them. Piety is the most important characteristic when looking for a spouse. If you chose beauty, wealth, or social standing over piety then you life may end in ruin.

tdubai

If my parents wants me to marry religious girl but very beautiful, wealthy and frm noble family. And i too want to marry religious one but simple, one in need (like her family do not love her or financial problems), cant practice Islam properly in her home, etc....so should i listen to my parents or not?

i want to marry my kind of girl for 3 reasons basically:

1. reward from Allah for helping a muslimah in need
2. many can marry noble, rich girls but very few go for simple and poor ones.
3. she'll be satisfied and pleased with me with whatever little i can give her.

i'll appreciate your advices.

If she's pious,would it be be her fault if she's Beautiful and/or rich and/or beautiful??

Believe me brother I do get you when you say helping a muslima in need.But need isn't only need for money.It can be need for moral support,psychic support etc...etc...

In m own opinion,I think we should have a minimum but not a maximum as it doesn't harm if she is more than what we are seeking.
As for your choice or your parents choice,I think it can be both.Why don't you wait and see.May be the one your parents gonna propose suits you.

iAmAnonymous

If she's pious,would it be be her fault if she's Beautiful and/or rich and/or beautiful??

of course not. but i mean she has better chances to get married compared to someone who is in moral and material support.

bcoz if a pious girl is poor and needy, its not her fault either!