Marriage question

blue streak

:salam2:
I need some advice I was born and raised in the US and am :inshallah: looking to get married very soon. I was planning on going to my native country and getting married there. I am most fluent in english and I am is pretty weak in my native language , however I can get by. One of my biggest concerns was the communication and cultural barrier that may exist. I am a little nervous because its such a big step and I hope I am making the right decision.

Has anyone who grew up in the west than went back to there native country and gotten married?
Was there any kind of communications barrier?
Was there a cultural barrier between you and your spouse?

Any advice or comments would be helpful. I am going to offering my istikhara prayer :inshallah: everyone keep me in your duas.

:jazaak:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2: brother

i am also in process of finding my life partner...
i would suggest to find a sister from US since you may have about same mentality... also, you wouldn't have to worry about waiting for paper work for her to come to US... i would suggest that you don't put into your mind that you'll find a wife within a day or two, the process may take time, so don't frustrate yourself as you'll get married with the one that's written for you and when you supposed to!!!...
however, for some reason, most of the brothers i know end up getting married from back home...may be more choices there!?!?!?
i would suggest that you start somewhere as the process usually takes time...

palestine

Servant of Allah
brother i've seen many other brothers go back to their native lands and they've gotten married, most of them. inshallah don't worry. but i have one suggestion: don't let a woman from your country marry you for your money, but rather for your personality. because honestly many guys who go back to their native land get married and most are because they are from "america". supposedly many think that just because america is a wealthy country that everyone who lives in it is full of pockets of money. i hope no one gets mad...i just don't want you to fall for a woman who is in love with your money and not you. anyways inshallah i hope you find the right one. same goes for you a brother. asalamu alaykum

hager

well,

well,brother
i suggest to take ur time..
No Rush..
Cuz,marriage's such an important thing...cuz,u choose ur partner..

Allah with u
remember..No Rush..k?
I'll keep u in my prayer..
salam o likum

blue streak

:salam2: brother

i am also in process of finding my life partner...
i would suggest to find a sister from US since you may have about same mentality... also, you wouldn't have to worry about waiting for paper work for her to come to US... i would suggest that you don't put into your mind that you'll find a wife within a day or two, the process may take time, so don't frustrate yourself as you'll get married with the one that's written for you and when you supposed to!!!...
however, for some reason, most of the brothers i know end up getting married from back home...may be more choices there!?!?!?
i would suggest that you start somewhere as the process usually takes time...

:wasalam:
:jazaak: for the advice
The thing is that its been quite some time that I have been looking in this country and am starting to think that its not meant to be for me to find a wife here. Also my family knows a few potential sisters overseas. From all the people you know that went back to their countries to marry was there ever any communication issues that arose? How have things worked out for them?

saad80

If you marry for the sake of Allah and know that you need to have patience as there might be difficulties at first just as there are in all relationships then Inshallah there should be no reason why you should not try and find a wife abroad. You are in my duaas.

Pocahontas

I think you should marry a good practicing muslim sister, be it one from usa or your native country..doesn't really matter.. or does it?
But I do think it can be alittle difficult if you're going to marry a sister from your native country.. 'Cause will you live there? or will she move to the United States? and is it easy to get visa etc.. You need think of all this.. w Allahu 3alam.
May Allah give you a righteous wife In shaa Allah.

dianek

brother i've seen many other brothers go back to their native lands and they've gotten married, most of them. inshallah don't worry. but i have one suggestion: don't let a woman from your country marry you for your money, but rather for your personality. because honestly many guys who go back to their native land get married and most are because they are from "america". supposedly many think that just because america is a wealthy country that everyone who lives in it is full of pockets of money. i hope no one gets mad...i just don't want you to fall for a woman who is in love with your money and not you. anyways inshallah i hope you find the right one. same goes for you a brother. asalamu alaykum

Amen to that! My husband said he and his friends that came here together thought money lined the streets! HA! Imagine how he felt when he saw he could live a fuller financial life back home! HaHa!!! I also know of a case where a tunisian woman married a tunisian man that lived in the US and once she got here and was legal she divorced him.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:jazaak: for the advice
The thing is that its been quite some time that I have been looking in this country and am starting to think that its not meant to be for me to find a wife here. Also my family knows a few potential sisters overseas. From all the people you know that went back to their countries to marry was there ever any communication issues that arose? How have things worked out for them?

the brothers I know, who usually attend mosque regularly, that got married from abroad have NO problems alhamdulilah. some like your situation, could not find a wife here in america and there parents helped them to find a wife from back home. others, were married to muslim sister from america who are originally from there country BUT end up getting divorced, as a result, they had there parents help them find a wife from back home... wow, this sounds BAD ... :SMILY128: ... as if sisters in america are bad... owtsh... NO doubt... there are good sisters in america, still looking for one :) ...
since you gave it a shot here in america to find a wife but could not find one...I would suggest to go ahead, after praying salat istikara, and check with sisters that your family may recommend, and just tawakal ala Lah... may Allah help you find and get married to a pious wife...ameen

abu turaab

One of my biggest concerns was the communication and cultural barrier that may exist.
:jazaak:
if it's so!!...why are you willing to take a risk marrying someone from your native country!!...you can possibly find a nice girl with strong religious commitment in your area...don't rule-out this possibility...
May ALLAH help you!!...

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Salaam,

I am sorry but i have a question for the brothers. Let's say her family recommend five nice sisters, How are you going to know which sister to pick? Are you planning to interview all the sisters like they would if they were planning for a job? It just sound like a job interview only the lines read why do you think you will make a good wife? Tell me some of your abities to being a good wife? etc.. Good luck to all finding your parnters.

p.s. sorry i don't mean to be rude or to offend anyone. If i do please forgive me for my ignorance.