MARVELLOUS PARABLES

yusuf_pal

:salam2:

PARABLES IN THE HOLY QUR'AN

-------------------------------------------------------

We have cited for mankind every kind of parable in this Qur'an, so that they may learn a lesson.
39:27

--------------------------------------------------------

Parable of the deeds of unbelievers

The parable of the deeds of those who deny their Rabb is that their deeds are like ashes which the wind scatters on a stormy day; they will gain nothing from their deeds, and this is to stray far away from the goal of getting back to Paradise.
14:18

Example of a "good word" and a "bad word"

Do you not see how Allah gave the example of comparing a good word with a good tree, whose roots are firm and its branches are in the sky?

It yields its fruits in every season by Allah's leave. Allah cites these examples for men so that they may learn a lesson from them.

But the example of an evil word is that of an evil tree, which is torn out from the earth and has no stability.

With firm words, Allah makes the believers steadfast in the life of this world and in the hereafter; but Allah lets the wrongdoers go astray. Allah does what He pleases.
14:24-27

Chattel Slave

Allah sets forth the Parable (of two men: one) a slave under the dominion of another; he has no power of any sort; and (the other) a man on whom We have bestowed goodly favors from ourselves and he spends thereof (freely) privately and publicly: are the two equal? (By no means); praise be to Allah. But most of them understand not.

Allah sets forth (another) Parable of two men: one of them dumb with
no power of any sort; a wearisome burden is he to his master; whichever way he directs him he brings no good: is such a man equal with one who commands justice and is on a straight way?
16:75-76

Parable of a believer and a disbeliever

O Prophet! Give them this parable. Once there were two men. To one of them We had given two gardens of grapevines surrounded with palm-trees and put between them land for cultivation.

Both of those gardens yielded abundant produce and did not fail to yield its best. We had even caused a river to flow between the two gardens.

He had abundant produce, he said to his companion while conversing with him: "I am richer than you and my clan is mightier than yours."

When, having thus wronged his soul, he entered his garden and said: "I do not think that this garden will ever perish!

Nor do I believe that the Hour of Judgment will ever come. Even if I am returned to my Rabb, I will surely find even a better place than this."

His companion replied while still conversing with him: "Do you disbelieve in Him Who created you from dust, from a drop of semen, and fashioned you into a perfect man?

As for myself, Allah is the One Who is my Rabb and I do not associate anyone with Him.

When you entered your garden why did you not say: `It is as Allah pleased, no one has power except Allah!' Though you see me poorer than yourself in wealth and children,

yet my Rabb may give me a garden better than yours, and may send down thunderbolts from sky upon your garden, turning it into a barren wasteland.

Or its' water may dry out and you may never be able to find it."

It so happened that all his fruit produce was destroyed and the vines tumbled down upon their trellises, so he wrung his hands with grief for all that he had spent on it. He cried: "I wish I had not associated anyone with my Rabb!"

He was so helpless that he could neither find anyone to help him beside Allah, nor could he himself avert that catastrophe

it was then that he realized that the real protection comes only from Allah. His is the best reward and His is the best requital.
18:32-44

-----------------------------------------------------------

Similitude of worldly life and its relationship with the life of hereafter

O Prophet! Give them the similitude of the life of this world. It is like the vegetation of the earth that flourishes with the rain from the sky, but afterwards the same vegetation turns into dry stubble which is blown away by the winds. Allah is the One Who has power over everything.
18:45

------------------------------------------------------------

Those who profess the faith blindly

When it is said to them: "Follow what Allah has revealed." They reply: "Nay! We will follow what our forefathers practiced." Well! Even if their forefathers had no sense at all and lacked guidance?

The parable of those who reject faith is like the cattle which, call out to them as one may, hear nothing but a shout and a cry since they are unable to understand; they are deaf, dumb and blind, and understand nothing.
2:170-171

Parable of spending in Charity (Grain of Corn)

The parable of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is that of a grain that sprouts into seven ears, each bearing one hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He wishes. Allah has boundless knowledge.
2:261

What makes charity worthless

O believers! Do not make your charity worthless by reminders of your generosity or by injury to the recipients feelings, like those who spend their wealth to be seen by people and believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. Their parable is like a hard barren rock covered with thin layer of soil; a heavy rain falls, leaving it just a bare stone. Such people will not gain any reward that they thought they had earned. Allah does not guide the unbelievers.
2:264

Charity vs Showing off (Garden on a height)

The example of those who spend their wealth to seek the pleasure of Allah and to strengthen their souls is like a garden on a high and fertile ground: when heavy rain falls on it, it yields up twice its normal produce; and if no rain falls, a light moisture is sufficient. Whatever you do is in the sight of Allah.
2:265

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth (Guidance to humankind)

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche, in which there is a lamp, the lamp is enclosed in crystal, the crystal is of a starlike brilliance, it is lit with the olive oil from a blessed olive tree which is neither eastern nor western, its very oil would almost be luminous though no fire touched it - as though all the means of increasing Light upon Light are provided - Allah guides to His Light whom He pleases.Allah cites such parables to make His message clear to the people; and Allah has knowledge of everything.

His Light is found in those houses which Allah has sanctioned to be built for the remembrance of His name; where His praise is sung, in the mornings and in the evenings again and again,

24:35-36

-------------------------------------------------------------

Benefit of Humankind

He sends down water from the skies and the channels flow each according to its measure: but the torrent bears away the foam that mounts up to the surface. Even so from that (ore) which they heat in the fire to make ornaments or utensils therewith there is a scum likewise. Thus doth Allah (by parables) show forth Truth and Vanity: for the scum disappears like froth cast out; while that which is for the good of mankind remains on the earth. Thus doth Allah set forth parables.
13:17

Blighted Garden

Lo! we have tried them as We tried the OWNERS OF THE GARDEN when they vowed they would pluck its FRUIT next morning.

And made no exception (for the poor);

Then a VISITATION came upon it while they slept.

And in the morning it was as if plucked.

And they cried out one unto another in the morning,

Saying: Run unto your field if ye would pluck (the fruit).

So they went off, saying one unto another in low tones:

No NEEDY MAN shall enter it today against you.

They went betimes, strong in (this) purpose.

But when they saw it, they said: Lo! we are in error!

Nay, but we are desolate!

The best among them said: Said I not unto you: Why glorify ye not (Allah)?

They said: Glorified be our Lord! Lo! we have been wrong doers.

Then some of them drew near unto others, self reproaching.

They said: Alas for us! In truth we were outrageous.

It may be that our Lord will give us better than this in place thereof. Lo! we beseech our Lord.

Such was the punishment. And verily the punishment of the Hereafter is greater if they did but know.
68:17-33

Unbelievers

As for the unbelievers, their deeds will disappear like a mirage in a sandy desert, which the thirsty traveller thinks to be water, but when he comes near, he finds it to be nothing, instead he finds Allah to settle his account - Allah is swift in settling accounts.

Or another parable of unbelievers' efforts is that of person trying to swim in a bottomless ocean overwhelmed with billows, one over the other, overcast with dark clouds - layers of utter darkness one above another - so much so that if he stretches out his hand, he can hardly see it. The one to whom Allah does not give light, will have no light!
24:39-40

----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------

Parable of those who take protectors other than Allah

The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of a spider who builds for itself a dwelling, and surely the weakest of all dwellings is the dwelling of a spider, if they but knew it.
29:41

A Believer

Allah cites you a parable - there is a slave man who is shared by many masters, each pulling this man to himself (like the man who worship other deities along with Allah), and there is another slave man who entirely belongs to one master (like the man who worship Allah Alone)- are the two alike in comparison? Praise be to Allah! But most of them do not know.
39:29

Parable of paradise and hell

Here is the parable of the paradise which the righteous have been promised: it has rivers the water of which will never be stagnant, rivers of milk whose taste never changes, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink, and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it they will have all kinds of fruits, as well as forgiveness from their Rabb. Can such people be compared to those who shall dwell in hell forever, and they will be given scalding water which will cut their intestines into pieces?
47:15

Mosaic Law

The example of those who were charged with the Taurat, but failed to carry out their obligations, is that of a donkey who is carrying books and does not know what is in those books. Bad is the example of those who deny the revelations of Allah. Allah does not guide the wrongdoers.
62:5

Parable of the hypocrites

Their parable is like the Shaitan who says to man disbelieve, but when man becomes a disbeliever, he says: "I have nothing to do with you; I fear Allah, the Rabb of the worlds."
59:16

These are the parables that We cite for mankind; but none will grasp them except the wise.
29:43

hassana elkoussi

Gazak Allah Khairan for your effort. MashaAllah Allah swt has given us such vivid parables in the Quran so His point may be made clear to everybody. Salam

yusuf_pal

Humble Yourself

:salam2:

Allah (swt) says in the Quran in Surah al Hashr:

“Had We sent down this Qur’an on a mountain, you would surely have seen it humbling itself and split asunder (crumbling) by the fear of Allah. Such are the parables that We put forward to mankind that they may reflect.” [59 : 21]

Allah (swt) is saying that if He had sent the Quran upon a mountain, imagine the size and magnitude of a mountain, from humbling itself, it would split asunder by the fear of Allah.

Let us ask ourselves, the Quran has been revealed to us, not to the mountain! Do we feel humbled by it?

“Such are the parables that We put forward to mankind that they may reflect.”

safiya58

Jazak allahu Ckairan. there is also another parable in quran. in surah al baqara. it is the parable of the mosquito (sura al baqara:26) I can not understand it.. do you or anyone know it´s meaning?

yusuf_pal

Parable of a Gnat

GNAT

Allah disdains not to use the similitude of things lowest as well as highest. Those who believe know that it is truth from their Lord; but those who reject Faith say: "What means Allah by this similitude?" By it He causes many to stray and many He leads into the right path but He causes not to stray except those who forsake (the path).
2:26

Meaning: To God, all his creation has some special meaning appropriate to itself, and some of what we consider the lowest creatures have wonderful aptitudes eg. the spider, the fly. Parables like these may be an occasion of stumbing to those "who forsake the path"; in other words those who deliberately shut their eyes to God's signs.

Mostly considered as an ordinary and insignificant creature, even the gnat is worthy of being examined and pondered on since it bears the signs of Allah. This is why "Allah is not disdained to set forth any parable-(that of) a gnat or any thing above that".

Related thread: Mosquito

yusuf_pal

Even a Fly!

Parable of the Fly

O men! Here is a parable set forth! Listen to it! Those on whom besides Allah ye call cannot create (even) a fly if they all met together for the purpose! And if the fly should snatch away anything from them they would have no power to release it from the fly: feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition!

No just estimate have they made of Allah: for Allah is He Who is strong and able to carry out His Will.
22:73-74