May Allah guide us All - Ramadhan and Tarawih in Singapore

furry

Salam to all.

It's sad to see that here in Singapore, Muslims are not seeing this holy n glorious month as it is used to be. Ramadan is like jus another month for them that will pass just like the other months. What they look forward for is the Eid Adha Celebration where they can showcase their new traditional n 'expensive' clothings n designs and their home which they decorate nicely to showcase to ppl. Only the first few days of the holy month will the mosque b packed wif so many people..seeking Allah's mercy n love and as the days wen by...its getting less n less people gng to mosque for Taraweeh for they decide to rather go the Geylang (place people gather to lookout for things to buy for Eid Adha wic they can spend hrs jus for that purposes and for one special occasion). Its an impt occasion for all ppl but it beats e purpose of Allah declare Eid Adha for all of us after Ramadan. Nowadays..everytime i go to the mosque for Taraweeh i feel kinda sad of such situation. Its like we r forgtin our roots and our duty as Muslims to Allah the Almighty. And everytime I watch Taraweeh prayers from other countries,I feel well happy but @ e same time kinda 'jealous':shymuslima1: since the mosques are always packed with people side by side.:salah: .prostrating together n praying together like in Masjid Al Nabawi or Masjid Al-Haram or of those mosques in Kuwait.I jus hope everyting will be better next year Insha Allah.

Wa-salam:tti_sister:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamualaikum,

I agree on what you said. It's really saddening they way they are behaving. Islam now are more like a culture( something that they follow from the ancestor/parents) to them. The meaning of what we are doing (fasting etc.) no longer understood in a correct way. I blame the media for this. The media which provides channel for the Malay (a race wherby almost all are Muslims) in Singapore. They are not putting religion Islam forward. Instead, like last year having a so-called party a day before Eid. Astagfirullah, that's really disgraceful. You see, the understanding is not there.

May Allah s.w.t strenghten our iman and guide us all to the straight path.
Ameen.

apocalypse77

typical malay mentality -> Masok Islam=MASOK MELAYU =_=

the irnony is the chinse muslims tend to be bette rmuslims than us

majority of malay muslims have no idea there are more chinse muslims than malay muslims and that islamic vintage came to to the chinse first, not the malays

talk about asking the chinse to "masuk melayu", when the malays themselves have lost their cultural and religious identity

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
typical malay mentality -> Masok Islam=MASOK MELAYU =_=

the irnony is the chinse muslims tend to be bette rmuslims than us

majority of malay muslims have no idea there are more chinse muslims than malay muslims and that islamic vintage came to to the chinse first, not the malays

talk about asking the chinse to "masuk melayu", when the malays themselves have lost their cultural and religious identity

So true...
Hey, I didn't know that you're a Malay, or at least Malay speaking. Well, glad to know that.:)

apocalypse77

im a malay btw and yeah, sometime sim just frustrated at this whole issue

btw suria channel has ban muslim women from wearing hijab on tv as they see it as political islam

some of my malay frens think ramadhan is the first month and new year of muslim/malay calender and they still have no idea we worship the same god as the jews =_=!!!

someof my malay frnes even have no idea our prophet practised polygamy

speaking of polygamy, the other time there is this book that was circulating around singapore about muhammed's marriahe with aisya which was suppose to poke fun at muslims but then MUIS keep quiet

coem to think about it well what can we do? or what can the MUIS DO?

Id say, if you are not a practising Muslim, fine. But dont go to geylang looking for festive items or fast for cultural reasons cos theres no point. Theres no problem buying extravagant items for hari raya. but they should close down the jualan after dawn for prayers *grrr*

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
So, you're even a Singaporean!

Alrite. So, yea definitely true on what you said. They (MUIS) are just afraid that some big issue might come out from the government. Even writing this down, I'm afaid that I might be sued in court:SMILY45: for speaking up about all these things.

They want us to be harmonious with every race/religion. But the religion namely Islam is not being showcase in a right way. We sacrifice our Religion just to please the rest. That's why the non-muslims I feel, doesn't show much interest in Islam. Behaviour shows it all to them. Look at how the Malay teenagers are acting like. They are drowning deep down.

May Allah s.w.t guide us in finding the truth, in submitting sincerely to Him. Ameen.

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
speaking of polygamy, the other time there is this book that was circulating around singapore about muhammed's marriahe with aisya which was suppose to poke fun at muslims but then MUIS keep quiet

Hmm... Book?? I didn't know about that.

apocalypse77

well..its not just for suria channel..even for friday sermons its the same thing..theyve to be careful not to say anything and have to swett sugar coat the khutbahs..i rmbr they use to have a sermon talking about how the jews rejected muhammed but they dont use the word "jews" and "israel" but something else to be politically correct

these muftis trying to please the kufars by claiming we practise the moderate version of islam. are they trying to say islam in its natural self is extreme?

islam here is not portrayed correctly since to the malays, islam is only for the malays. non malays who wana embrace islam have to "masok melayu".

basically the race of our own is basically a confuse one. we criticise a chinse muslim convert for retaining their chinese name even though their name isnt contaminated sine theyre suppose to masok melayu but we forgot we have ourselves abandone our own culture and have confuse islamic culture/malay culture together. we became the object of ridicule for doing this since malay muslims themselves dont know how to speak arabic but trying to be more "arab" and silly enough we dont know names like abdullah arent malay but arabic. ironically its the chinese muslims who probably know how to speak and are fluent in arabic more.

and we even learn bahasa baku/bahasa indonesia in our school when that isnt actually our mother toungue

bottomline is, im in no mood to celebrate hari raya

just by seeing how we have those decorative lightings for hari raya make me realise weve imitate the kufar with their christmas lightings

furry

Cool

Cool...Im a chinese n malay muslim..(mixed race)...yeah wat u say its tru...i c the newly convert caucasian r more well mannered then the majority ppl who call themselves ppl of Islam...i too am nt enjying this hari raya...my mum asked me to buy new clthes etc..but nah..to me..clothes doesnt matter..it is hw well u celebrate Eid Ahda wic ALLAH has given us.

sad to see sgpore MUIS..has bcome a puppet of the govt buut nt the humble servants of the true LORD...haiz...there is no compulsion in religion tats true..but tat doesnt mean MUIS muz b in such state so as to appease the so called racial harmany law since ISLAM is a multi racial n cultural religion for all mankind...it appears ISLAM has been misintepreted as a MALAY culture but nt a religion that our LORD has choose for us.

Astagfirullah....

apocalypse77

ya lar..even in malaysia or indonesia they still have those extravagant bazaars but the different is they CLOSE the shops AFTER MAGHRIB for prayers and religious obligations

islam here is for the malays. if ure a muslim but not a malay, ure a second class muslim. reminds me of my indian muslim fren who wana get some savings scheme from MENDAKI but got rejected cos he is INDIAN even though he is muslim

hmm..i sense some form of malay elitism here

malays wanabe like arabs by adompting arab names but they are not interested to learn arabic while the chinse muslims here would probably have mor einterest learnign arabic

malays here think baju kurong, baju kebaya = islamic clothing =_=!!

dianne

ya lar..even in malaysia or indonesia they still have those extravagant bazaars but the different is they CLOSE the shops AFTER MAGHRIB for prayers and religious obligations

islam here is for the malays. if ure a muslim but not a malay, ure a second class muslim. reminds me of my indian muslim fren who wana get some savings scheme from MENDAKI but got rejected cos he is INDIAN even though he is muslim

hmm..i sense some form of malay elitism here

malays wanabe like arabs by adompting arab names but they are not interested to learn arabic while the chinse muslims here would probably have mor einterest learnign arabic

malays here think baju kurong, baju kebaya = islamic clothing =_=!!

lol brother.

shahidah123

Assalammualaikum to all,

It looks like Eid have been commercialized, just like Christmas. So people are looking forward to that new curtains, clothings (not the proper ones though - like the kebaya (figure hugging/see through fabric). Where is the real understanding of what Ramadhan is all about ? Where is the real understanding of what Eid is all about ? MasyaAllah. I am saddened by this fact that more malays would rather spend their evening breaking fast outside (not worrying at all about finding a place to perform maghrib prayers & Isyak prayers) but rather love to be a part of the huge crowds rubbing shoulder to shoulders, men & women, sweating, right up till midnite, just to spend money to look pretty or beautify their houses. The real understanding of both Ramdhan & Eid is LOST ! May Allah forgive us our sins & show us the right path. InsyaAllah.
:tti_sister: