Maybe they differ?

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Wa salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I spoke with a shia friend for a minute about islam. I joked that I chose the shia way, then I said "sike" not really the sunni. Shias have another way of praying, but he told me it was the same, starting with bismilah rahmanir rahim then the alfatiha...then he stopped. He said they are all the same all sects, but I said they differ, they do different things. Shia, they think Ali should have been Chosen, but Jebrail was confused and that the 12 imams are very important. And this guy don't look up to imams at all (maybe he's not religious cause he doesn't pray constantly) He said that's only the extremists follow those things.

I don't know if he was lying, but was he lying by saying that there's a minority sects that follow Islam?

sazk

Banned
salam alaikum,

there are different sects among the shias also. some are very extreme, some are more moderate. i have a few shia friends and a shia neighbour. some of my friends even joke about maatam. they say this is a joke, crying and beating the chest and cutting yourself open. they say they would never do it to themselves. but these are pakistani shias. the shias of iran and iraq are more extreme. some extremist shias curse the 3 khalifas but not all. i asked my shia friends about some misconceptions they said most are just fake. they say ya ali madad, but they say Al-Ali is one of the 99 names of Allah so i really can't tell who they are calling.

fada_all

salam alikom

as for me, i follow neither the shia's atbaa nor the sunni's , but foollow only what the holy Quran and what the sunnat of the prophet mohamed saas ,in my country there are a lot of salafia aljihadiya or takfir and others........ , but i never take even time op listen to their converstation, but i alhamdilillah follow only what allah swt says in his Quran and sunnat of the prophet..because allah swt says in meaning, obey me and my prophet not salafi or shia or sunni'.....

so if one want to live in peace and to avoid making sins ,,and gain both reda allah and his prophet, must follow only what his in the Quran and what is in the sunnat but ahadith sahiha not daaifa..do his prayers frequently,do his dikr any time night or day.., then surely he will insha allah enter aljannat ..
and allah konws more .....
may allah increase our imane and protect us from satan , and guides us all to the right path ameen.
salam laikom wa rahmato allah
ur sis

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

Good point sister, but tell me: how should we address people that choose the wrong path? Should we call them kufars or shia? Inshallah I will drop this Sunni/Shia thing, because it's not good. But it seems like word we must use unless we use the word Kufars.

When a Believer moves to a new city, without knowing what the imam follows shia or an other sect, then what do you do? Should he just pray, or should he ask the imam or the people in the mosque: What sect is he from?

I find it hard but there's no describtion other than sects or kufars to call people that devides themselves from the complete religion that the Prophet (pbuh) brought to us from the Will of Allah (subhana wa ta a'la).

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

But still, deviding ourselves by saying I'm this I'm that feels wrong like the sister above stated it. Saying I'm Muslim should be enough. But we still can't live without naming sects, now can we? (this is my point, we should never devide ourselves).

By the way brother, what's "the sahaaba" I don't know that word yet.

fada_all

salam alikom

When a Believer moves to a new city, without knowing what the imam follows shia or an other sect, then what do you do? Should he just pray, or should he ask the imam or the people in the mosque: What sect is he from?

here brother u don't need to be confused zbout the imam whether is he from shiaa or not ? because from the very begining u will notice him if he is from shiaa exactly in iqamat asalat. ashtaghfiro allah as we konw and you my brother have already mentioned above,they they think:
Ali should have been Chosen, but Jebrail was confused
[/QUOTE lahawla wala qowata illa bellahi .

salam alikom