Mazhab and Sunnah and Quran

zulmh

:salah:

:salam2:

Hope this question can be answered:

As long as I remember my family, community and for that matter almost the whole country subscribed to the practice of one particular Mazhab among the 4 commonly considered by Muslims all over the world.

As you develop a greater desire to learn and improve on Islamic knowledge, you come across litteratures that say certain practices among the Mazhabs are not in compliance with the actual teaching of the Prophet PBUH and considered Bidah and the likes.

Where does that put a Muslim? Do I follow the teaching of my Imam and my parents or do I, now, change the way I do certain deed or action?

For instance, some says the Qunut during Fajr prayer is a Bidah or the utterance of your intention (nia) before a prayer is done is never practised by the Prohet PBUH and his Sahaba's?

Can I continue to do what I have been doing or do I follow what is wrutten in some of these litteratures? How about refernce to Quran as I am quite certain Quran does not mention specifics on Fiq and the likes.

Someone please explain

:confused:

misalat

sorry, am just giving my personal opinion here, just to add on your concerns.
in islam we base all on the following order ... what is clearly shown number one you do not need to go down the ladder.

- Qurán, its the supreme. whatever is clearly explain in it must be followed accordingly, so if you find any fiqh issue agains an Ayah ... you should take the Ayah and forget about the fiqh.

-Hadith, it explains more about the Qurán. Normally there are no contractions between the two. Hower there are cattagories in Hadith itself (Sahih, Hassan, Dha'if, Maudu etc) ... this is explained in details in Haddith books which are also in the order ( Bukhari, Muslim, tirmidi, nisai, abu daud, .... etc).

-Ijmaá ul Ummah
, the schollars normally explain more on issue that are not clearly understandable to the common man. hence, they do not contradict. In fact almost all the schollers of Fiqh declare at the end of their books that anything agains the Qur'an or Hadith should be left out.

brothers and sister, above just my own points of view and incase there is any one objecting it, please direct us all.

thank you and :wasalam:

Lihamzi

:salah:

Hope this question can be answered:

As long as I remember my family, community and for that matter almost the whole country subscribed to the practice of one particular Mazhab among the 4 commonly considered by Muslims all over the world.

As you develop a greater desire to learn and improve on Islamic knowledge, you come across litteratures that say certain practices among the Mazhabs are not in compliance with the actual teaching of the Prophet PBUH and considered Bidah and the likes.

Where does that put a Muslim? Do I follow the teaching of my Imam and my parents or do I, now, change the way I do certain deed or action?

For instance, some says the Qunut during Fajr prayer is a Bidah or the utterance of your intention (nia) before a prayer is done is never practised by the Prohet PBUH and his Sahaba's?

Can I continue to do what I have been doing or do I follow what is wrutten in some of these litteratures? How about refernce to Quran as I am quite certain Quran does not mention specifics on Fiq and the likes.

Someone please explain

:confused:

Assalamualaikum

i just asked this question to some of my salaf friend about the mazhab and the answer was, ...we should not focus on only one mazhab alone, we should see through all four mahzab by choosing the most authentic one, of the hadist.

All the four mahzab are also salaf which mean follow the Quran and Sunnah...

just check the hadist,......if it against to the Sunnah ....as Imam Syafee mention "......throw it to the wall.. " (pardon me as i not remember it) ..

If things are Bidah in religion, do not follow that. because there is authentic hadist mention Bidah is an error.. bidah is something which is new or inovation..may be called something which is also nice.

but still it bidah..or does it practices by the Prophet,sahaba and tabiin?

Islam is perfect and there no need to add on. but majority people dont know , there just follow the society is doing or is rather safe..or follow the uztat, forefathers......wait a minute .....what about the Prophet teaching?....now who is the messenger?
You can do everything is sincerity for the sake for Allah, but you did not follow the Prophet ways, the correct ways.

Hold to The Al-quran and Sunnah tightly.

About the (nia) is only done by the Heart not the toungue, some may say the nia by the toungue but the heart is not sincerely.

the nia is made before the wuduk from the heart. (if i do wrong do correct me as im learning too)

and the the Qunut, i do not practice it anymore in the subuh prayers as i forgot why...maybe Brothers and sisters can help answer....