Meaning of name

Living Soul

:salam2: brothers n sisters.

I am confused regarding the meaning of my name " Asifa". Some people say it means fast wind which is not a meaning. while others say it means "sorry" in Arabic. I am confused as to the right meaning of my name. Because name has the effect on the personality. I am bit fast in walking and impatient in doing things. Which I dont like really. I want to be a moderate in watever I do. Can someone help me out plz..

:wasalam:

abu'muhammad

:salam2:

name of meaning Asif

1) forgiveness in arabic
2) gather in hebrew (language of prophets of bani Israel)
3) pure,clean in Afghani

Asifa is the derived female name from name Asif and has no particular origin/culture. So the meanings are same, only gender changes.

note : post the messages in discussion or turntoislam lounge forum .

JazakAllah khair.

abu'muhammad

Jazakallaho khayr but I dont know how to put thread on discussion forum.

sister, you see at the bottom of page there is option "forum jump" click on it and select the forum in which you want to go. when you will see the page,on the left hand you would see "new thread" option ,click it , then write and post ur message. hope clear.

:wasalam:

ASALAM ALAYKOUM SISTER ASIFA
just wanted to give you some informations about your name,if helpful it can be:
if your name starts "in arabic" with the 18th letter which is "ain", so your name means FAST WIND or TMPEST which is not that bad thing .......nshalllah you'llbe doing as much HASANNAT like a tempest of hasanat
Or if your name "in arabic " start with the the firs letter of the arabic alphabet"alif" in this case your name means forgivness as our brother above has mentioned it.

According to the discription that you've done about your personality i think that the first discription suits you more.
HOPEFULLY,you will be tempastive against the devil..
SALAM