و العمل بالتنزيل

و الرضاء بالقليل

و الاستعداد إلى يوم الرحيل

Ali ibn Abee Taalib (radiallaahu `anhu) said that Taqwa is:

Fear from Allaah the Majestic

Doing deeds according to the Revelation

Being pleased with little

And preperation for the Day of Departure

meaning fearing Allah, practicing according to the Qur'an and Hadith, being content with little, and preparing for the Day of Judgement".

the prophet :saw: said( Be careful and follow Allah's Commands perseveringly, wherever you be whenever you commit a sin follow it up with a good act which wipes off the sin. Deal with people kindly and with good contact)

How to increase Taqwa

Al-Taqwa (to do what Allah orders and to avoid what Allah prohibits) can be increased through the following:

1 - To observe Allah's Commandment in private as well as in public.

2 - To watch over prayer, obligatory and optional. The Prophet :saw: (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said that Allah, The Great and al-Mighty has said: "…. The most beloved things with which my servant comes closer to Me, are the religious duties which I have imposed upon him. My servant keeps on coming closer to Me through Nawafil (optional deeds) until I love him. When I love him, I will become his hearing with which he hears, his sight with which he sees, his hand with which he grips; and if he asks, Me (for any thing), I would grant it to him; if he seeks refuge with Me, I will give him refuge".
[Reported by Imams Bukhari and Muslim]

3 - To associate with the righteous and to avoid the vicious.

4 - To seek refuge with Allah and to supplicate Him, since He does not disappoint anybody.

5 - To recite the Qur'an perpetually and to remember Him often

قال الشافعي رحمه الله

من لم يعزه التقوى فلا عز له

Ash-Shaafi’ee (rahimahullaah) said:

“Whoever is not honoured by Taqwa, then there is no honour for him.”

may Allah make us one of them insha allah

Wa salaam alikom

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

Just wanted every one to beneift from this , even though its an old thread but inshaALlah will be helpfull