meaning of the translation?

usman1983

salaam to everyone. im from a pakistani background,most pakistanis learn how to read the quran in arabic but we dont learn the language.so in other words i didnt know what i was reading when i was younger. a few months back i bought a copy of the quran.it was translated in english by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.in surah 5 verse 20-22 it says ''O my people! enter the holy land which Allah has assigned unto you,and turn not your back ignominiously, for then you will be overthrown''.

my question is if the holy land (which i think is Jerasulem) was given to the jews by Allah, why are palestinians trying to get that land back??thanks

omm mohammad

meaning of the translation

And why you don't continue to read you will read the answer
by yourself ????????

then we will enter (not till then). (22) Then out spake two of those who feared (their Lord, men) unto whom Allah had been gracious: Enter in upon them by the gate, for if ye enter by it, lo! ye will be victorious. So put your trust (in Allah) if ye are indeed believers. (23) They said: O Moses! We will never enter (the land) while they are in it. So go thou and thy Lord and fight! We will sit here. (24) He said: My Lord! I have control of none but myself and my brother, so distinguish between us and the wrong-doing folk. (25) (Their Lord) said: For this the land will surely be forbidden them for forty years that they will wander in the earth, bewildered. So grieve not over the wrongdoing folk