Meaning of Your Name

Salmirah

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters! :hijabi:
How are you all doing?
Do you know what your name means?
My name is Sharmeen Ferdousi.
Sharmeen means Shy
Ferdousi means Highest garden of Jannah.
I don't know how to connect my first name to the last name :confused-55: but I'm happy with it :D
Let's share what your name means. :rolleyes:

MehmetHilmi

Wa Aleykum Selam

Mehmet= Muhammad= Praiseworthy (an awesome name, but I don't use it at all because it is so common. Like one out of every two people have the name in Turkey)

Hilmi= Mild-Mannered (Arabic name but used almost exclusively in Turkey)

My last name means "author" in Turkish. It is my only Turkish name. But last names weren't really in our culture. Muslims in the Ottoman Empire did not have last names. Just when Mustafa Kemal came to power and Westernized the country, everyone was forced to pick a last name. And apparently my great ancestor who was also named Mehmet was an illiterate person. So he chose the last name "author" in Turkish hoping that his offspring would be educated.

I'm a praiseworthy good mannered author!

Salmirah

Wa Aleykum Selam

Mehmet= Muhammad= Praiseworthy (an awesome name, but I don't use it at all because it is so common. Like one out of every two people have the name in Turkey)

Hilmi= Mild-Mannered (Arabic name but used almost exclusively in Turkey)

My last name means "author" in Turkish. It is my only Turkish name. But last names weren't really in our culture. Muslims in the Ottoman Empire did not have last names. Just when Mustafa Kemal came to power and Westernized the country, everyone was forced to pick a last name. And apparently my great ancestor who was also named Mehmet was an illiterate person. So he chose the last name "author" in Turkish hoping that his offspring would be educated.

I'm a praiseworthy good mannered author!
MashaAllah brother your name got a really good meaning. My parents were educated but they weren't really bothered about names. :( My name is the best one among all my siblings. What is your last name by the way which means author?

Salmirah

my name is jareenabegum pls can you send me the meaning of my name thank you
Sister in Arabic there's no name such Jareena, There's a name Zareena, which means Gold. Begum means princess, lady. But I didn't find the authenticity of the meaning of Begum in Arabic. But usually it's used to refer to a women of high rank in honor. :) So if I'm not wrong, you are a "Lady of Gold" :75:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
My the first name means nothing in my language as it is borrowed from German language centuries ago, meaning is like "rich inheritor" or "ruler". Second name means by my language as "berry" or by other theory it comes from name Maryam, Mariam. My family name means "war".

So I am "ruler berry war". :SMILY149: Sounds like no sense with it?

Salmirah

Aww! That's okay! Sounds cute! How about Ruler/Leader of Berry War? :p Atleast there is a war and you are a leader. :rolleyes:

Jkay2001

I don't know the meaning to my name my parents just gave me a random name my name is Ardi Behluli...

Salmirah

Even my pet name is meaningless. It's Jhorna. Means nothing. A Moulana told me to cut off this name, so now everyone calls me either Sharmeen or Ferdousi. Don't be sad brother. Our deeds are more important than our names to Allah.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Even my pet name is meaningless. It's Jhorna. Means nothing. A Moulana told me to cut off this name, so now everyone calls me either Sharmeen or Ferdousi. Don't be sad brother. Our deeds are more important than our names to Allah.

Live your life as a good muslim, then all angles know your name - what ever it might be.

:)

jareena786

Sister in Arabic there's no name such Jareena, There's a name Zareena, which means Gold. Begum means princess, lady. But I didn't find the authenticity of the meaning of Begum in Arabic. But usually it's used to refer to a women of high rank in honor. :) So if I'm not wrong, you are a "Lady of Gold" :75:
jazak allah khair

Salmirah

My name is Inara, I think it means Light Of Heaven. Please correct me if I am wrong lol

That's a beautiful name sister. By the way I didn't find the meaning of it anywhere. May I know where you got to know the meaning? Just out of curiosity you know? :)

arbaz-fareed

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad(saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

Arbaz means ‘a big lion’ or ‘a heavy personality’ and is considered a perfectly acceptable and good name in Islam.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Your Brother in Islam,
Arbaz