Media trying to change the face of Islam

fatma_said

:salam2:

i recently posted up an article about what it means to be a moderate muslim. Some people rebuffed it according to the fact that it was already mentioned before. But my dear brothers and sisters this phenomenon is soo great that these people are trying to change the face of islam and we should be deeply trouble by this. You should now that their propaganda is getting alot of attention in the world and the masses are getting influenced by this. We as muslims have not done enough to counter this trend so that articles like this one below are published telling the world that "sufism" is a "popular brand of islam" and is a "moderate form of islam"

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/06/the-islam-that-hard-liners-hate/?src=mv&ref=world

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/most-of-french-germans-consider-islam-a-threat-to-national-identity-poll/734589/

I also mention this article above for this statement

"However, French Foreign Minister Michele Alliot Marie said it was important not to confuse moderate Muslims with radical or fundamentalist parties. "

What do they mean by this? Are they trying to confuse us about our own religion?

Allah knows best

What are your views on this?

Parvaiz

"Moderate Muslim" is the most misunderstood word everywhere even now, when someone is marrying her daughter off states the groom should be moderate.I simply dont get what on earth does it even mean,according to them moderate means husband allows wife freedom,go to parties ,go to clubs waste your money and time,not force on hijab and list goes on which are all opposite of what our beloved prophet Muhammad had commanded.In Islam nor does moderate thing exist nor will ,we have to follow what Allah commanded us to do who doesn't than he himself knows under what category he belongs ill just put some example
Sometime ago tahir qadri(calls himself scholar) was at his center holding Christmas with other priest of Christians ,he allowed them to hold their prayer in Muslim Mosque which i dont know how on earth he allowed(you can see the video on youtube) and if you see the video there is great deal of fitnah in it.He goes on to call himself moderate as he celebrates which Allah has commanded not to.
Next for suffiyah is the most corrupted sector created in Islam than any,according to them just pray pray and not have the time to earn the knowledge which is mandatory for us."A man who had killed 99 man felt quilty and wanted forgiveness someone told him to go at some place and told him someone was there who prays 24/7 ,when he went there and asked him how he can repent and he had killed 99 man already the person who prayed all day told him you can never be forgiven so he killed him also again he went on for search for answer and at last he found knowledgeable man(Islamic Scholar) who told him if you want to repent you can Allah is the most merciful .........rest i think you borther and sister will know the story i have bit headache so cannot type much.So the situation is the same now when they left Quran and Sunnah they became corrupted.The Salaf say the Sunnah is like the boat of Prophet Noah whoever will hold unto it will be saved and who doesn't will be swept away.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
@ Parvaiz:

I disagree with your definition of "moderate Muslims" I know many people who consider themselves Moderate but wear hijab, do not drink, do not go to parties or mingle w/ the opposite sex.

Definition of moderate for those who dont know exact meaning: kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense

I would say a Moderate Muslim is tolerant of non-Muslims, willing to read about other religions & hear other peoples opinions on religion, do not force hijab on women and let them wear it at their own pace, allow women the freedom to go outside on their own...All of these things are keeping within reasonable or proper limits.

I know some people on this site will not agree with me, but that is the definition of Moderate and I think the examples are good examples of how a Muslim is Moderate.

Parvaiz

@ Parvaiz:

I disagree with your definition of "moderate Muslims" I know many people who consider themselves Moderate but wear hijab, do not drink, do not go to parties or mingle w/ the opposite sex.

Definition of moderate for those who dont know exact meaning: kept or keeping within reasonable or proper limits; not extreme, excessive, or intense

I would say a Moderate Muslim is tolerant of non-Muslims, willing to read about other religions & hear other peoples opinions on religion, do not force hijab on women and let them wear it at their own pace, allow women the freedom to go outside on their own...All of these things are keeping within reasonable or proper limits.

I know some people on this site will not agree with me, but that is the definition of Moderate and I think the examples are good examples of how a Muslim is Moderate.
Its upto you to disagree or not ,but i just gave the definition was on my overall search ,anyway the willing to read others religion matter i guess they simply dont read hadith and wanna jump to listen another religions matter

Ad-Darimi narrated that Umar Ibn al-Khattab brought to Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) a copy of the Torah and said: "Allah's Messenger, this is a copy of the Torah. He (Allah's Messenger) kept quiet and he (Umar) began to read it. The (colour) of the face of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) underwent a change, whereupon AbuBakr said: Would that your mother mourn you, don't you see the face of Allah's Messenger? Umar saw the face of Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) and said: I seek refuge with Allah from the wrath of Allah and the wrath of His Messenger. We are well pleased with Allah as Lord, with Islam as religion, and with Muhammad as Prophet. Whereupon Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad, even if Moses were to appear before you and you were to follow him, leaving me aside, you would certainly stray into error; for if (Moses) were alive (now), and he found my prophetical ministry, he would have definitely followed me"

islamdonlyway

Its upto you to disagree or not ,but i just gave the definition was on my overall search ,anyway the willing to read others religion matter i guess they simply dont read hadith and wanna jump to listen another religions matter

:salam2: wel i dont think anythings wrong to read about other religions, becouse allah told us when haveing a diologue with a non muslim we should come to common terms between us and you, so inorder to do that surely we have to read their scriptures to get out common terms? and this is used alot by the scholers

Parvaiz

I am not going to give my opinion on it i do as the hadith states and there is also one more hadith in Bukhari
Al-Bukhari narrated that Abu Hurayrah said, "The People of the Book used to read the Torah in Hebrew and translate it into Arabic for the Muslims. The Messenger of Allah said,(Do not believe the People of the Book, nor reject what they say. Rather, say, `We believe in Allah and in what was sent down to us.).
If you read tasifr ibn kathir Surah baqarah verse 136 you will see this hadith

And the hadith i quoted earlier said Umar quoted from the original Torah and that was the situation of Prophet Muhammad what when we will read the one which has been edited time by time.We as Muslims are very weak at this state when every Muslim is attacked and Shaytan is at his peak with his evil doing,we never know when he may try to put us in some matter which may lead us out of our religion.Instead of giving your time reading others religion it would be better to alteast memorize the Quran and Hadith which will earn us reward from Allah.As for you mentioning the verse,firstly we should know when was the ayah revealed where and what was the reason of the revelation if you read tafsir InshAllah you will find it out.If there is something which tells you to do something and there is another which says not to than we will take which is telling us to stay away ,opinion of the majority of the Scholars.

Still if your not convinced you may read this
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&lang=E&Id=83344

Sakeena

@ Parvaiz:

Asalaamu Aalaikum. I disagree, Amanda. Honestly, whenever I hear them use the term "moderate Muslim" on the news, only one thing comes to my mind: a moderate Muslim is someone who supports Israel, and must agree with everything set in terms of American foreign policy, American politics above Shari'ah Law, western life and culture above the teachings of Islam, etc.

I personally do not consider myself a moderate Muslim. Just a Muslim. However, the whole world would disagree with me: If your not a moderate Muslim--here it comes--then your automatically an extremist. This is exactly what the media has done to the masses. It's a shame that there are Muslims who label themselves "moderate" instead of "righteous".

I refuse to be labeled by the media. I am Muslim first and American second. My faith means more to me than my nationality. That doesn't seem extreme or excessive, does it? It's called steadfastness. Devotion to Allah (SWT). Why should we let anyone, let all CNN or the media label us? Are we seriously talking about this? We are who we are and no one can change that. We need to do more for Islam instead of "removing our hijabs for freedom" or "relocating the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque" ten blocks away from where the 9/11 attacks took place. We need to stop trying to please everyone. We're certainly never going to build a synagogue in Mecca--Get over it already, America! :hijabi:

"Hey, we're no different than you. We can drink. We can go party. We can let our women run around half naked. We don't mind celebrating your holidays (paves the way to shirk)." Astaghfirullah!!

We need to stop trying to degrade ourselves and limiting ourselves to impress them and show them that WE ARE MUSLIMS FIRST AND FOREMOST and that we stand together in peace and justice and unity!!

And if you haven't heard, respected brothers and sisters, Israel stole the land from the Palestinians. That's a crime. Why aren't they charged with crimes against humanity?! They always try to find ways to blame Iran and never answer any questions about the poor treatment of the Palestinians. I'm not off topic either. I'm right on target; because while we (the Muslims) are being blamed for all the world's problems and issues, the Israelis are busy killing innocent Palestinians. :( They don't even deserve to live there.

That's no way to treat us. The Muslims assisted the Jews during the Spanish Inquisition and World War II. Now who's the extremist?

Read this title of an article:

Buffalo, New York moderate Muslim who beheaded his wife allowed battered-spouse defense

Hmmm. Interesting. Could it be that they are insinuating that "moderate" Muslims are just as barbaric and evil as the "extremists"? :astag:

fatma_said

im really grateful that you guys responded. I have also been confused about this issues. Sister sakeena i agree with you i would not want to aspire to be a "moderate muslim" but i would like to become a "righteous muslim"

May allah make us of them amin.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The label of moderate is not one that a Muslim assigns to themselves. It is a label assigned to Muslims by the Zionist driven Rand Report.

A Muslim is a Believer.

No-one who is a non-Muslim is going to label me as a good or bad or moderate or radical Muslim. That is a political label by the kuffir.

How one practices ones faith is personal.

The media can not change the face of Islam. Islam belongs to Allah. The Zionists who run the media can not change that which is holy and right.

As for the Muslims who wish to live a comfortable life that is on them. Those who understand Islam has no nationalistic barriers just ignore the efforts of the Zionists.

I am glad to see Americans not subscribe to the verbiage of the Zionists. I think Muslims will wake up, too.