Memorise Du'a Qunoot (Nice & Easy Insha'Allah)

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Below is an excerpt from IslamQA:

The du’aa’ of qunoot was narrated by Abu Dawood (1425), al-Tirmidhi (464), and al-Nasaa’i (1746) from al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught me some words to say in qunoot al-witr:

“Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayta wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayta wa tawallani feeman tawallayta wa baarik li feema a’tayta, wa qini sharra ma qadayta , fa innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk, wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayta wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayta, tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayta la manja minka illa ilayk

(O Allaah, guide me among those whom You have guided, pardon me among those whom You have pardoned, turn to me in friendship among those on whom You have turned in friendship, and bless me in what You have bestowed, and save me from the evil of what You have decreed. For verily You decree and none can influence You; and he is not humiliated whom You have befriended, nor is he honoured who is Your enemy. Blessed are You, O Lord, and Exalted. There is no place of safety from You except with You).”

The last phrase – Laa manja minka illa ilayka (There is no place of safety from You except with You) – was narrated by Ibn Mandah in al-Tawheed and classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

See Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, hadeeth no. 426, 429.

Then he should send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). See al-Sharh al-Mumti’ by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (4/14-52).

I have changed the attached files so that the supplication matches with the text below. Therefore it is not recited by Mishaary al-Afaasy (because that Du'aa' Qunoot was for the congregation while the purpose here is for one to learn the supplication themselves so that you can recite it in Witr alone).

picture.php

Attachments

• Du'aa' Qunoot Line 1.mp3
    57.5 KB · Views: 4,211
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 5.mp3
    65.5 KB · Views: 611
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 4.mp3
    76.5 KB · Views: 629
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 3.mp3
    71.6 KB · Views: 765
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 2.mp3
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,368
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 7.mp3
    70.4 KB · Views: 523
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 8.mp3
    69.8 KB · Views: 500
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 9.mp3
    79.6 KB · Views: 554
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Full Version.mp3
    636.1 KB · Views: 3,873
  • Du'aa' Qunoot Line 6.mp3
    90 KB · Views: 574

ahmad al magtani

Kulo Nuwun
Assalamualaikum

Allaahumma ihdini feeman hadayt
wa ‘aafini feeman ‘aafayt
wa tawallani feeman tawallayt
wa baarik li feema a’tayt
wa qini sharra ma qadayt
innaka taqdi wa la yuqda ‘alayk
wa innahu laa yadhillu man waalayt
wa laa ya’izzu man ‘aadayt
tabaarakta Rabbana wa ta’aalayt

Nice post, in my place usually added with this

falakalhamdu 'alaamaa qadayt
Astaghfiruka wa 'atuwbu ilayk
wa sallallahu ala sayidina muhammadin nabiyil ummiyyi wa 'ala alihi wa sahbihi wassalim

not only in witir pray,we always read this in second raka'at of shubuh pray after rukuk

jazakallah

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

An Explanation of The Du'a Qunoot During The Witr Prayer by Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih al-Uthaymeen.
(May Allah have mercy on him)

It includes a Q/A and a breakdown of the Du'a, so it is easier to memorise.

Walaykum Salam

Attachments

• An Explanation of The Du’aa of Qunoot (The Supplication of Standing) During the Witr Prayer.pdf
    388.4 KB · Views: 96,384

pcozzy

:salam2:

Just the duaa in Arabic with vowels:

[FONT=&quot]اللّهُـمَّ اهْـدِنـي فـيمَنْ هَـدَيْـت،
وَعـافِنـي فـيمَنْ عافَـيْت، وَتَوَلَّـني فـيمَنْ تَوَلَّـيْت ،
وَبارِكْ لـي فـيما أَعْطَـيْت،
وَقِـني شَرَّ ما قَضَـيْت، فَإِنَّـكَ تَقْـضي وَلا يُقْـضى عَلَـيْك ،
إِنَّـهُ لا يَـذِلُّ مَنْ والَـيْت،
[ وَلا يَعِـزُّ مَن عـادَيْت ]،
تَبـارَكْـتَ رَبَّـنا وَتَعـالَـيْت

:wasalam:
[/FONT]

:salam2:

mashAllah wa :jazaak:

what more can you ask for in a post, complete with references and sources and how to say it in Arabic and english and even simple audio with line by line.

brother and sisters, this is the way information should be posted, so that we can be certain and assured of the source, easily learn ourselves, and it could benefit all.

barakaAllahfeekum

:wasalam:

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Jazak-Allahu Khairan dear but there are two errors in it

Listen to this [nyt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_6mKIxellk[/nyt]

Please just check the words that are in Bold & in RED,Imam Mishary is reading the first one as WA TAWALLANA but u wrote WA TAWALLANI and the 2nd one is he is not saying WAA but u wrote [WAA]

Plz forgive me if i am wrong,i just brought it to your notice coz that was what i heard just now in that video.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Jazakallah khair for sharing ukhty. I LOVE that du'a wallahi- In madrasa, my teacher used to make us memorize it. May Allah's blessings always be with you!!
wassalam

NZMuslimah

asalamu alaikum

manshallah,i been looking this du'a everywhere.. we use to read it every friday juma prayer at my islamic middle school, subhanallah i forgot the dua'a after i started university. now i found it here, im memorize and learn it, jazakallah for posting it up, may Allah reward u and bless u:)

learningquran

aslam-o-alakum i needed this dWA in pdf format if any body could suggest me any site there was some of the good dwas collection on

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

Apologies for the extremely late response.

I have corrected the mistakes (hopefully it should be okay now). That is the transliteration matching with the attached MP3 files in the first post. I have attached a picture of the supplication which you can save (right click on it and save as) and print if you like, to make it easier.

May Allah reward you for highlighting these mistakes.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'Alaykum,

I thought I would post to bring this thread to the main page because I have changed the original post. The portion below summarises this:

I have changed the attached files so that the supplication matches with the text image. Therefore it is not recited by Mishaary al-Afaasy (because that Du'aa' Qunoot was for the congregation while the purpose here is for one to learn the supplication themselves so that you can recite it in Witr alone).
I hope this makes sense and I'm sorry for the mistakes.