Mirajmom speaks!!!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear Brothers and Sisters...
It is the final jumma in Ramadan. I did a little thinking. I thought back on some of the posts we have had here.

We had a reminder..use appropriate language. Today..I asked a respondent to rewrite her post. I could not understand it. Several of the posts today are written for text messaging. I beg you ..we are not using a cell phone.

We fall very short. We have few responses to serious issues. It amazes me. I would get more responses to asking if I could wear red nail polish on my toes and pink on my fingernails to the masjid than if I posted on something critical to the ummath.

We have had little or no posting on charity. We have had a lot of posts on what is correct in such and such's opinion ..but few on uplifting oursleves.

Let us make a promise to ourselves to uphold this site as a Muslim site and become more responsible members.

I thank you for reading my psot.

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
Salaam,

Dear Brothers and Sisters...
It is the final jumma in Ramadan. I did a little thinking. I thought back on some of the posts we have had here.

We had a reminder..use appropriate language. Today..I asked a respondent to rewrite her post. I could not understand it. Several of the posts today are written for text messaging. I beg you ..we are not using a cell phone.

We fall very short. We have few responses to serious issues. It amazes me. I would get more responses to asking if I could wear red nail polish on my toes and pink on my fingernails to the masjid than if I posted on something critical to the ummath.

We have had little or no posting on charity. We have had a lot of posts on what is correct in such and such's opinion ..but few on uplifting oursleves.

Let us make a promise to ourselves to uphold this site as a Muslim site and become more responsible members.

I thank you for reading my psot.

Salaams sister, I too am frustrated by the 'text speak' it really angers me. When one speaks they say 'that' not 'dat' so why do they write it this way?

I understand its a generational thing, but guys if you want to do well in life you need to communicate effectively and coherently.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum wr wb

watch out! if mirajmom speaks, it means she is serious and tierd of what we are doing lol

jazak Allahu khayra sis...:)

dewunmi

Nofeesah A
MASHAALLAH
sister am glad u mention this am just about to ask,
who are those that should perform zakat,does age implies,and what % of your salary will you give. jazaka Allah khairan

Salaam,

The level of carelessness in writing is as unbelievable as 'Ripley's Believe It or Not.' The whole purpose of writing is to affect the heart. Some scholars have mentioned that one of the purpose of writing in Arabic from left to right is because the words are moving towards the heart. To affect the heart. Write properly to affect the heart.

It is perfectly okay to write garbage – as long as you edit brilliantly :)

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

I agree 100% we have to look and act respectfully on this site and present Islam in an dynamic, accurate and true manner.

peace.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Insha'Allaah, let us all try and use correct language in our posts. As you stated before sister mirajmom, when you use the correct language it shows the effort on your part which others will respect.

We are in the last ten nights of Ramadhan, the last Jumu'ah of Ramadhaan has gone [well for me] - we need to reflect on the sins we have committed and ask sincere repentance from our Lord - Subhaan'Allaah, we may never get the chance again.

In all honesty, you would think that the threads and posts would revolve around Fasting and Zakaat [to a certain extent], obviously because of the month we are in [as well as a decrease in the number of threads and posts - you would assume]. Yet, we still see posts that have no relation.

That's where the reflecting over whether this will benefit my fellow Muslims comes into it all which we Insha'Allaah should all aspire too.

This is a bit of a rant...

To Allaah we belong and to Him we shall return.

Walaykum Salaam.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
:ma:This was well said. We need to focus on what is important in a "language" we can all understand. Subhanallah, the last Jummah of Ramadan, how fast it went:shymuslima1:!

Jazakallahu Khairan for this wake up call dear sister!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

After I wrote this post I noticed several posts. We have people posting on fairies...beastiality...this is Ramadan. The psot on ducks and devils is filled with Christian symbols. Brothers and sisters this is Ramadan. Fear Allah subhana talla.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: dear sister mirajmom, you are right, the focus should be on ramadan and self-improvement. Thank you to brother asifvora who always enlightens us. Apologies in advance for any typing errors on my part. I am without a computer and working off my phone as I missed the TTI community so much these past few months. Keep the informative threads coming and I am anxious to contribute in a positive manner when i am set up with a connection from home, insha allah.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Thank you for taking the time to read and understand how important this site is for Muslims.

Believer1985

I'm very serious about grammar use as it affects our everyday life, especially for those living in the West. We must practise our use of language wherever possible. I also hate "text" language as I believe it lowers our society's standards and just promotes laziness.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

We have in the example of our Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, how to conduct ourselves. I fall far short. I am trying to make amends. We are Muslims all day and night long.

Noha Omar

assalamu a'likum warahmatullhi wabarakatuh

I think we should write pure English as much as we can ...we are from diffrent countries .. the comman thing between us is the English we learnt at school
not the English we used to write on the internet during chating with friends

for example ...we in middle east specialy Arab countries use numbers in writing Arabic with English alphabet like if i want to write assalamu a'likum
I'll write it like that(assalamu 3alikum) so the other person would pronounce it in Arabic ..if I want to write alhamdullilah I'll write it (al7amdulellah)
...etc
but I shoudn't write that way because alot of peaple aren't Arab ..so it would be a rude thing ..as they willnot understand

thank you all ...sorry for bothering