Misfortune. Qu'ran 42:30

Asiya-sparkles

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

42:30
YUSUFALI: Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because on the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.
PICKTHAL: Whatever of misfortune striketh you, it is what your right hands have earned. And He forgiveth much.
SHAKIR: And whatever affliction befalls you, it is on account of what your hands have wrought, and (yet) He pardons most (of your faults).

The explanation is as follows:

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

No calamity befalls the son of Adam, not even a scratch from a twig, except that it is due to some sinful act or utterance he committed.

No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that God expiates some of his sins for that.

If God wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials.

If the sins of a Muslim accumulate, and he does not have anything with which to expiate them, then God will afflict him with sadness so that He may absolve him of his sins through that

The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities but he remains patient till Godremoves his difficulties. And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till God cuts it down when He wishes."

So the verse is saying that for a Muslim, God causes him to encounter calamities and trials through which he can be purified from his sins.

ON TOP OF THAT, the verse says that even if we consider all the trials we face, they do not adequately represent the sins we have committed, because God is so Merciful that He pardons us for many of the sins we do anyway. So the trials through which God purifies us represent but a fraction of the sins we have committed.

When a person encounters trials in life, he should be happy and enthusiastic to pass them, as they are the ways through which God protects a believer from real, actual, unbearable punishment in the Hellfire after death - which He reserves for the disbelievers and for the truly wicked and rebellious.

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...&Page=3&Size=1

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...&Page=1&Size=1

http://www.altafsir.com/Tafasir.asp?...&UserProfile=0

Jazakum Allah Khair
Barak Allah Feekum
W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Asiya-sparkles

InshAllah, that this post is helpful to those of us (myself included) when we are going through tremendous trials or long periods of unhappiness. Nothing afflicts a believer except that he is grateful...

I have been reading so many sad pleas here and thought something that is easily accessed might inshAllah help all.

Jazak alak khairun wa barak Allah feekom
Fi amanillah

massi

:astag::astag::astag::astag: This web site is misguiding , you should deleted them and look for true websites :astag::astag::astag:

Asiya-sparkles

:astag::astag::astag::astag: This web site is misguiding , you should deleted them and look for true websites :astag::astag::astag:
Assalam alaikom wa rahmat Allahi wa burrahktohu,

I would like you to explain inshAllah, what is misleading, what knowledge you have in tasfir and to provide inshAllah that information that you have learned that is correct. This information was provided by a brother who learned under scholars in Syria, Damascus and Saudi Arabia, I trust this brother and would like to be able to discuss this matter with hiqma with both you and him inshAllah

jazak alak khairun wa barak Allah feekom.

Asiya-sparkles

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu
Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem
Allahuma Salli 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een wa sallim

That website contains the most reliable tafseers of all. Yes it does contain misguided and incorrect tafseers as well, but in the other "sects" sections. The reliable tafseers include:

Tabari
Ibn Kathir
Razi
Qurtubi

There are also great ones by Suyuti

In the "Umahat al Tafseer - Sunni Tafseers" = "The principle books of exegesis - Sunni exegesis"

Jazakum Allah Khair
Barak Allah Feekum
W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

(I posed your concern to our brother and he had this to say, inshAllah this clarifies any doubts and shows how the site can be reliably used inshAllah)

:salam2:

This ayah is a part of a topic discussed in Quran. The ayat of relevance are from 30-43 of Surah Ash-Shura(42).

Here is Hilali-Khan translation:

And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much. (See the Qur'an Verse 35:45). [42:30]

following Hilali-Khan reference:

And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever All-Seer of His slaves. [35:45]

This is why I like Hilali-Khan translation

jazakum Allahu khaira

:wasalam:

Asiya-sparkles

:salam2:

This ayah is a part of a topic discussed in Quran. The ayat of relevance are from 30-43 of Surah Ash-Shura(42).

Here is Hilali-Khan translation:

And whatever of misfortune befalls you, it is because of what your hands have earned. And He pardons much. (See the Qur'an Verse 35:45). [42:30]

following Hilali-Khan reference:

And if Allah were to punish men for that which they earned, He would not leave a moving (living) creature on the surface of the earth, but He gives them respite to an appointed term, and when their term comes, then verily, Allah is Ever All-Seer of His slaves. [35:45]

This is why I like Hilali-Khan translation

jazakum Allahu khaira

:wasalam:

Wa'laykom salam wa rahmat Allahi wa burrahktohu

Thanks for sharing!
The tafsir is related to the Arabic original but attached to what is more commonly read by many non-Arab speakers inshAllah. I would like to get a copy of the translation you recommend because it isn't easy for any one translation to convey the full meaning inshAllah.

Jazak alak khairun wa barak allah feekom

Asiya-sparkles

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

How wonderful is the case of a believer; there is good for him in everything and this applies only to a believer! If prosperity attends him, he expresses gratitude to God and that is good for him; and if adversity befalls him, he endures it patiently and that is good for him

No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that God expiates some of his sins for that

Whoever, when afflicted with a trial, says "To God we belong and to Him is our return, O God, reward me in this difficulty and give me something better in return". Then God will indeed reward him for his patience every time he remembers his calamity.

In-na lillah wa in-na ilayhi raji'oon. Allahuma 'aajurni fee museebati wakhlifnee khayran minha

What kinds of trials can I expect?

Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits of your toil, but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere, Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To God We belong, and to Him is our return" (Qur'an 2:155-156)
You always need to be vigilant when calamity strikes in your life, because your every thought, word, and action is being graded for your response to God's test.

God gives blessings and restricts them, to see how we handle both prosperity and hardship. It is often the case that the most pious people are tested harder, because God knows they are able to handle the tests and translate the situations to rewards and a higher rank in Paradise.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

The prophets suffer the most afliction, then those who come next to them, then those who come next to them. A man is afflicted in keeping his religion. If he is firm in his religion his trial is severe, but if there is weakness in his religion it is made light for him, and it continues like that till he walks on the earth having no sin.If God wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials.

A Muslim male or female, remains subject to trials in this world in respect of self, children and property till he or she faces God, the Exalted, on the Day of Judgment in a state in which all his or her sins have been remitted.

My nation is one to which mercy is shown. It will have no punishment in the next world, but its punishment in this world will be trials, earthquakes and being killed.

massi

Assalam alaikom wa rahmat Allahi wa burrahktohu,

I would like you to explain inshAllah, what is misleading, what knowledge you have in tasfir and to provide inshAllah that information that you have learned that is correct. This information was provided by a brother who learned under scholars in Syria, Damascus and Saudi Arabia, I trust this brother and would like to be able to discuss this matter with hiqma with both you and him inshAllah

jazak alak khairun wa barak Allah feekom.
Assalam Alaikom
the web site contain many Bida'a sources of tafsir like suffism or shia or Ibadya !!!
how I can trust their information ???
plus there are lot of good websites to benefit from them pure Tafsire , it's not exclusive only in this web site !!

Asiya-sparkles

Assalam Alaikom
the web site contain many Bida'a sources of tafsir like suffism or shia or Ibadya !!!
how I can trust their information ???
plus there are lot of good websites to benefit from them pure Tafsire , it's not exclusive only in this web site !!

Assalamu alaikom wa rahmat Allahi wa burrahktohu,

May Allah reward yop for your intentions, inshAllah you also saw what i added to this discussion? I hope you agree that it is quality tafsir that has been attributed to our benefit? I believe you can trust this website inshallah, I also believe it is important as a source of understanding why it would be incorrect to follow a sect inshAllah, because what is deviant, corrupted and 'chopped' to make the belief fit becomes very clear.

I would invite you to add to this though a reliable and good website that you are familiar with, this would be more benficial.

Since you are familiar with correct tafsir perhaps you would read the commentary and then following that make a judgement about its reliability inshAllah?
Jazak alak khairun wa barak Allah feekom.
Fi amanillah