Mobile vs QURAN.

zakiyah

muslim sis
salam brother n sisters.

i wonder what would happen if we treated our QURAN like we treat our mobile?

what if we carried it in our purse or pocket?

what if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

what if we flipped thru it several times a day?

what if we used it to receive messages from the txt?

what if we treated it like we couldnt live without it?

what if we gave it to kids as gifts?

what if we used it as we traveled?

what if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go hmmmmmmm.Where is my QURAN?

Oh! and one more thing.unlike our mobile,we dont have to worry about our QURAN being disconnected!!!!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT BROTHER N SISTERS

WASALAM:hearts:

Asalaamalikum,

Jazakallah khair for sharing. I loved the analogy.

The Quran also has unlimited free service 24/7, so you don't have to wait until 9pm or weekends to make your free call

zakiyah

muslim sis
Asalaamalikum,

Jazakallah khair for sharing. I loved the analogy.

The Quran also has unlimited free service 24/7, so you don't have to wait until 9pm or weekends to make your free call

exactly brother its something we should think about isnt it?:SMILY126:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
I have Quran in my MP3 player. I listen to it in my car, when I am grocery shopping, even at work.

I have turned around for it a couple of times when left it at home or at work.

Recently I have also added a couple of good MP3 lectures which I downloaded from the internet.

I have been doing this for a little over one year, and Al-Hamdulillah this has helped me in staying focused on Islam and staying away from looking or other khurafaat. It turned out to be a great idea for me.

I hope my other brothers and sisters also try this idea, I think they will like it.
Thanks for this thread (topic) which allowed me to post these above comments.
:wasalam:

zakiyah

muslim sis
I have Quran in my MP3 player. I listen to it in my car, when I am grocery shopping, even at work.

I have turned around for it a couple of times when left it at home or at work.

Recently I have also added a couple of good MP3 lectures which I downloaded from the internet.

I have been doing this for a little over one year, and Al-Hamdulillah this has helped me in staying focused on Islam and staying away from looking or other khurafaat. It turned out to be a great idea for me.

I hope my other brothers and sisters also try this idea, I think they will like it.
Thanks for this thread (topic) which allowed me to post these above comments.

ALHAMDULILLAH brother thats gr8 news.ur very lucky.not all ppl do that.May ALLAH swt be pleased by u.AMEEEEEEN.:hearts:

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam alai kum brothers,

I hope Inshallah you are all well in this blessed month on Ramadan.

I think Zakiyah is totally right, it would be good if we could carry the Quran around with us like we do a mobile phone.

Although I do believe we would be more rewarded for carrying an actual Quran and reading it when ever possible, on our travels etc

We would be more rewarded for that than listening to it on an MP3. Correct me if I am wrong brothers.

Salam alai kum

zakiyah

muslim sis
Salam alai kum brothers,

I hope Inshallah you are all well in this blessed month on Ramadan.

I think Zakiyah is totally right, it would be good if we could carry the Quran around with us like we do a mobile phone.

Although I do believe we would be more rewarded for carrying an actual Quran and reading it when ever possible, on our travels etc

We would be more rewarded for that than listening to it on an MP3. Correct me if I am wrong brothers.

Salam alai kum

salam i agree with u that theres more sawaab in holding the quran in ur hands n reading it but dont forget brother its FARZ listening to the QURAN n SUNNAH to read to read the QURAN.(Ccorrect me if im wrong please)
wasalam

dianne

Salam,

Yea thats good if were shopping also we bring these stuff along,BUT how if in case we also carry it in a bathroom?
do you guys know that surah al quran is not allowed carry in the bathroom? mp3s with us,cellphones with us is content surah al quran.

Wassalam

zakiyah

muslim sis
Salam,

Yea thats good if were shopping also we bring these stuff along,BUT how if in case we also carry it in a bathroom?
do you guys know that surah al quran is not allowed carry in the bathroom? mp3s with us,cellphones with us is content surah al quran.

Wassalam

but iv heard that we can take mobile fone in the bathroom that has quran saved init..that doesnt matter as long as there is nothing written in arabic on ur fone screen for example.ALLAH,MUHAMMED(pbuh),BISMILLAH n etc........thats what iv heard im not sure about it
salam

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
but iv heard that we can take mobile fone in the bathroom that has quran saved init..that doesnt matter as long as there is nothing written in arabic on ur fone screen for example.ALLAH,MUHAMMED(pbuh),BISMILLAH n etc........thats what iv heard im not sure about it
salam

exactly sister, I've read a fatwa regarding that somewhere saying you're aloud if it is not on your from screen.

dianne

salam

Salam,

Yes it was permissable if only written in arabic,but not surah al quran. :hijabi:

What is the ruling about having Quran on the mobile phones/digital devices either in audio form or in digital form?

Question-
Would it be valid or sinful to take such devices to the toilet? The quran is not visible, though it is stored in digital form on the memory till the application is activated.

Answer-
It is permissible to have the Quraan on the mobile phone though it is discouraged. This is due to the loose handling of the phone which indirectly would be tantamount to disrespect of the Quraan. The Quraan is the word of Allah and demands the highest form of respect. Technology has advanced so rapidly and seems so attractive yet if we look deep into these very same devices they are stripping us of the modesty, respect, reverence that we once boasted off. If one has loaded the Quraan on the mobile, it will not be permissible to take the mobile into the toilet.

And Allah Knows Best

zakiyah

muslim sis
Salam,

Yes it was permissable if only written in arabic,but not surah al quran. :hijabi:

What is the ruling about having Quran on the mobile phones/digital devices either in audio form or in digital form?

Question-
Would it be valid or sinful to take such devices to the toilet? The quran is not visible, though it is stored in digital form on the memory till the application is activated.

Answer-
It is permissible to have the Quraan on the mobile phone though it is discouraged. This is due to the loose handling of the phone which indirectly would be tantamount to disrespect of the Quraan. The Quraan is the word of Allah and demands the highest form of respect. Technology has advanced so rapidly and seems so attractive yet if we look deep into these very same devices they are stripping us of the modesty, respect, reverence that we once boasted off. If one has loaded the Quraan on the mobile, it will not be permissible to take the mobile into the toilet.

And Allah Knows Best

jazakallah kheir sis

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Salam,

Wassalam

I don't think I had any such situation. When I go to bathroom at home I leave it on the table and at work I leave it on my desk. But even if the mp3 player is in my shirt pocket while I am in the bathroom I don't think it would be a terrible situation, unless I am playing it. On the other hand if I have a pocket size Quran in my shirt pocket and I go to bathroom then I am concerned.

I am more concerned about a situation when I am listening Quran and something diverts my attention, like traffic or searching for some thing in store etc. So I want to know what my brothers and sisters think about this issue, that sound of recitation of Quran is going in my ears but my mind is busy in something else.

I will appreciate your valuable opinion.
Thanks.

zakiyah

muslim sis
I don't think I had any such situation. When I go to bathroom at home I leave it on the table and at work I leave it on my desk. But even if the mp3 player is in my shirt pocket while I am in the bathroom I don't think it would be a terrible situation, unless I am playing it. On the other hand if I have a pocket size Quran in my shirt pocket and I go to bathroom then I am concerned.

I am more concerned about a situation when I am listening Quran and something diverts my attention, like traffic or searching for some thing in store etc. So I want to know what my brothers and sisters think about this issue, that sound of recitation of Quran is going in my ears but my mind is busy in something else.

I will appreciate your valuable opinion.
Thanks.

i dont think thats right brother.i think we should listen to QURAN with full attention.with our ears wide open:p :biggrin: .whats the point listening when our mind is wondering some where else.thats what iv heard.i dont know whats right.

Southrn_Muslimah

bnqɯnɥ 'ɥɐq

I am surrounded by Qur'an everywhere alhamdullilah :) I have one in my purse, Qur'an on cds in my car, Qur'an on my Ipod..too bad I can't have a real reciter just follow me around everywhere. That would be nice :D

zaid6236

:salam2: not everybody in this world understand Quran in its original words arabic. So in a few country they are teach to read it the right way in Quran but i am still confused when they organized this Reading Quran competition in this world.. you see some of them especially the people from arab country reading the quran until they cry maybe because they understand the words but for the other country they can read just like doing some melody's and win the competition. maybe they dont understand in arab that's why they don't cry. i do read in translate and now i know why are they crying. because Allah is telling us about Hell and Heaven. You have to choose the right want but still we dont know how to be in the right want. This is why people who really can 'read' Quran they are really special kind of people because they know what is really Quran all about.. not just carrying it like books but the Quran is already in their soul and body. They know what Allah ask them to do in this world by using the Quran.:wasalam:

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

Hey

I have some surahs downloaded im my psp i always listen to it when im calm...but most of times i listen when go to school

Peace2u

Turn To Islam

I am surrounded by Qur'an everywhere alhamdullilah :) I have one in my purse, Qur'an on cds in my car, Qur'an on my Ipod..too bad I can't have a real reciter just follow me around everywhere. That would be nice :D

Even better, why not learn to recite it yourself sister :)

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam brother n sisters.

i wonder what would happen if we treated our QURAN like we treat our mobile?

what if we carried it in our purse or pocket?

what if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

what if we flipped thru it several times a day?

what if we used it to receive messages from the txt?

what if we treated it like we couldnt live without it?

what if we gave it to kids as gifts?

what if we used it as we traveled?

what if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go hmmmmmmm.Where is my QURAN?

Oh! and one more thing.unlike our mobile,we dont have to worry about our QURAN being disconnected!!!!!!!!

THINK ABOUT IT BROTHER N SISTERS

WASALAM:hearts:
salam
great n nice MASHALLAH.n its true too.i wish v could realise this aamin.may ALLAH reward u 4 this aamin.
waslam