Modern relatives of Muhammad (SAW)?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Looking at this from a secular point of view, Muhammad :)saw:) had a daughter; Fatimah.

Are there any known descendants of Muhammad :)saw:) through Fatimah?

Solemn_G

As-salaamu alaikum,

That's a good question. From what I understand, the Mahdi (a Muslim leader that will rise up around the End times to lead the Ummah) is a descendant from the lineage of Fatima.

I could be misinformed though, but I beleive that is what I heard. They probably have some articles on this website that contain hadith which refer to this.

Salaam.

Believe2Succeed

AOA WRWB

but we would be in a much more serious situation if we were...our responsibility would be huge, whereas it would not give us any free ticket for Paradise..

arabiantxn

re

The good/Bad thing about Islam is that their is no free ticket to jannah its what you do and how you follow Islam . It doesn't matter if you are born Muslim or just converted to Islam .Islam will hold you with the same equality .you have to realize even the prophets are just innsan(humans)their are no differences.

Believe2Succeed

^ AOA WRWB
Well for Prophets its different. They are just humans but still innocent and gauranteed Jannah.
But your point is understood.

cihadi

hey doesnt the king abdullah of jordan think he is one of the descendants of the prophet(saw) , he says that he has a horse as well that is from the breed of the prophets horse

i dunno i just watched it on a program on tv

Tahar

The prophet's companions (peace and blessings on them) made it clear that governance in Islam is to be built around a system of democracy and competence not individuals. Hence, the dispute between Shia (who believe in individuals) and Sunni (who believe, that was the case in the good ol days, in election through competence and democracy).

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

My mother is a (Syed) descendent of Rasool-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) but all my life I keep telling her that it is NOT her ticket to Salvation…The pertinent point is that according to some scholars Sadaqa (charity) cannot be given to the descendents of Rasool-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam).

Her family is well known in India for generations; but the criterion for closeness to Allah (SWT) is Taqwa (Fear of Allah) as clearly mentioned in the Qur’aan…Due to my family background I know some “Syeds” whose actions are contrary to the Sunnah of Rasool-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and they use their family background/ancestry to invite Muslims into actions which are NOT proven…

Rasool-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) left us two things to live by:

1) Book of Allah (SWT)
2) His Sunnah

Kashmiri

Brother GlobalPeace No offence:shymuslima1: But i heard that cast is made up. People call them selfs 'Syed' so others think highly of them. Isn't it funny how this so called 'Syed' Cast run in countries like Pakistan and India where there is alot of Shirk:confused:

I heard form a very truthfull trustworthy person.

Allah Knows Best

Please dont take it to offence:girl3:

May Allah Subhanhuwatala send peace and blessings upon our beloved Messenger Sallal hu alayhi wasalam ameen

Inshallah we should get one of the moderator Brothers/Sisters to help us on this matter.

Walaykum Asalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakathuhu

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Absolutely no offence at all please feel free to jump in at anytime….

But just a few comments on your message:

1) Yes as previously stated in my message that there are people who make their lineage up and it is forbidden in Hadeeth…But that does not stop the fact that there are genuine people out there who are related to Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam)…Yes I am aware of what “SYED” is implied to in the Kashmiri community...You may not be aware that the Keys to the Kabah were given to a particular family and it is still with them over 1400 years ago so family ancestry can be kept
2) Cast is a cast (it is a fact)…If you are Kashmiri, Punjabi, Pathan (what-ever…you can’t change it…its your identity)…It is Haram to make it a manner of being proud or think of it as a means of Salvation or think that you can’t marry someone else because of their or your cast…

Just going by your nick and assuming that you are from Pakistan (Azad Kashmir)…so I can perfectly understand where you are coming from

But I believe that my earlier message is pretty clear about what I am saying…

Please read again and absolutely feel free to put me right on any points.

Jazakullah Khairun